“Nice place to stay if you have an early morning flight the next morning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #69 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Nashport, Ohio
“Nice place to stay if you have an early morning flight the next morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very comfy room and a nice atmosphere! We did receive a non smoking room, but noticed a smell of cigarettes when we entered the room. We finally figured out the vent in our bathroom must have been where it was connected to a smoking room above us because that was where the smoke smell was coming from. It went away when we ran the bathroom fan all night and kept the bathroom door closed, so we were fine with that and not bothered. The shuttle was right on time and it was a great location. We would definitly stay there again!

Room Tip: If you choose non smoking room, make sure you ask them about the vents if they are connected to smok...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CISCOLUMBUS, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. I am happy to hear that our shuttle took care of you and I apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. We will be happy to make sure your room for your next visit will be away from our smoking rooms. Please reach out to me if there is anything else we can do for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a conference by the Airport. Conference hotel was more than 2X the price so I got County Inn & Suites via Hotwire. It is certainly not the most upscale hotel, but for the price it was clean (lobby, room, bathroom) and had nice ammenities - microwave and mini fridge. Bed was very comfortable and had a very nice comforter on the bed. Flat screen tv had many channels. It is close to airport and about 10 minutes from the Easton shopping/restaurant area. Front desk staff were helpful in pointing out restaurants in the area and providing menus. Water pressure in the showere was very good. Only complaints were the lone elevator was slow (I was on the 3rd floor) so I ended up taking the stairs usually. Also, I like to sleep with the A/C fan running but could not figure it out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
appleton wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

although i heard that it was loud and noisy the night before, i stayed on thursday and the crews were headed home for weekend. my room was average and breakfast was adequate. i will say the shuttle was friendly and efficient. they had a shower drain problem which i brought up to the manager when he asked how my room was. he made an adjustment on my bill and was nice about it. every manager should learn this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay went. I apologize that you had issues with your room and I happy to hear that an adjustment was made. If you would like to share any other specific details on how we could have improved please feel free to give me a call. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in Columbus.
Independence, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

All in all, an ok experience.

Shuttle pick up at the airport was quick and friendly. Check in clerk was efficient and pleasant. I raised a couple of complaints about the smell (previously smoked in) and the entry light taking about 90 minutes to come on. Other than that, the room was clean and comfortable. Very quiet considering how close the property is to the airport.
Hotel wifi was good to have and worked without incident.
Breakfast had a good variety and quality compared with other in this chain.
All in all, a great value for a short stay.

Room Tip: There are a number of midrange hotels in the Priceline area, so you should be able to bid for a room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the issue with the light and the room smelling of smoke and I will make sure we do a better job taking care of these issues before the room gets used. I will share these comments with the staff and if there is anything else you would like to share please feel free to give me a call. Thank you.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

first night pool was down the elevator was not working. second day the staff was rude and in the evening the power was out and the staff on charge stated that the manger was not going to go and get a gentator 13 miles away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience and I apologize for the incidents that occurred during your stay. Everything that was down due to the major power outage in the Columbus area are up and running. I would like to discuss your reservation further so if you have time please feel free to give me a call.

Jake O'Dare
614-478-2900
Vienna, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

This was our second, and last, stay here. In both instances, we paid extra for the "parking special" which included van transportation to and from the Columbus airport, plus free parking for our car while we were away. When we stayed here two years ago, we waited at the airport for 90 plus minutes before the hotel van picked us up upon our return. We were standing in the heat, exhausted from our trip, while repeatedly being reassured by cellphone that the driver was "on his way." We were later told that there had been an unfortunate "mix up." We never knew what really happened.

We decided to give this hotel one more chance during an extended trip this May. During check-in, the clerk at the hotel desk was very unfriendly, he barely spoke to us. When we opened the door to our non-smoking room, we were greeted with the strong smell of cigarette smoke, with a touch of air freshener. We both have allergies and the last thing we wanted to do, at the start of a vacation, was to spend a night in a room like that. We went back to the front desk to ask for another room. The clerk questioned how a non-smoking room could smell of smoke. We assured him that it did and insisted that we be given another room. After some checking, he silently handed us keys to another room. The second room did not reek of tobacco smoke, but it was dark and dingy, and smelled stale. We were ready to leave the property. However, it was now evening and we had an early morning flight, with a 4 a.m. wakeup. Rather than loading up the car again and looking for another hotel, we decided to stay put and make the best of the situation, though we did not sleep well in that room. In the morning, we were promptly taken to the airport by a very polite hotel van driver. This was our only positive experience with the hotel. He asked about our return date and he told us what to do when we got back in town. We explained our concerns about the pickup, given our previous experience. This driver assured us that there would be no problems when we returned. He also reminded us how close the hotel was to the airport. Unfortunately, this nice man was not working on the day of our return.

We returned to town eleven days days later. We had flown overnight, with 3 flights and 11 plus hours in the air, we were tired, jet-lagged, and ready to leave the airport. I called the hotel for our van ride as soon as we had our luggage, just like that nice van driver had told us to do. I was assured by hotel staff that a van would be there to pick us up in the designated area shortly. But just like last time, there was no driver. And just like the last time, I had to call the hotel repeatedly, I made the first of several calls after waiting almost 30 minutes. Each time I called, I was told that the driver should be there any moment. During one of my subsequent calls, I asked the hotel clerk if the driver knew who he was supposed to be picking up; I had to insist that she call me back with information about our pickup. The hotel did not appear to have an organized system for the airport pickup. While we waited, in the heat, we watched vans from other hotels promptly picking up passengers and leaving. We also watched vans for other parking options, including inexpensive long term airport parking, making multiple pickups right beside us. It was maddening. When the hotel van finally arrived, the driver made light of everything, mentioning something about traffic. However, it only took him FIVE minutes to drive us back to the hotel! This situation was handled unprofessionally. Hotel staff knew we were upset but made no effort to contact us.
We will NEVER stay here again. There are many other hotel/parking options available that are professional and efficient.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to sincerely apologize for the incident regarding the hotel's communication and transportation issues. I promise I will address this with the staff and if you have time to give me a call to discuss the exact dates that you experienced this issue. If you do not get the time to call I understand and I do want to thank you for sharing your expereince because we are all looking for ways to improve our hotel.

Jake O'Dare
614-478-2900
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Our experience was excellent at this hotel. Our accomodations were clean and neat and the breakfast offering was good. The hotel lobby staff could not have been more pleasant and treated us very well. We had no issue with the room or the hotel itself. The pool was quite nice as well as the fitness center. We were concerned when we saw the planes flying overhead that the room would be noisy, but we were pleasantly surprised that there was no noise at all from the planes. We stayed there on business and the facility was close and convenient to the places we needed to go during the business meeting. would recommend it to a friend or business associate as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: would sugget that you ask for a room in back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business