“Very good stay for our group” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6305 Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43213   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Washington County, Virginia
“Very good stay for our group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had 14 rooms from Virginia at this CIS for two nights in July 2013 attending the Ohio State Fair. Clean rooms and pleasant employees made for a enjoyable stay. All of our group were satisfied with everything. We had no complaints. Group and family friendly property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about the Country Inn & Suites. We are so glad your group enjoyed their stay and the Ohio State Fair. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Kimberly Black

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The purpose of our trip was based on someone having surgery at The Eye Center so it was a matter of convenience. Our check-in process was super simple and the clerk at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She told us everyone we needed to know from breakfast, fitness center, and pool hours to nearby restaurants. She also told me several times to let her know if we needed anything and several hours later she called the room to check on us! We had a basic room with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious as was the bathroom and all of it was clean. There were extra pillows in the room so that was nice too. The fitness center was very clean and each piece of cardio equipment has its own tv. There is also a water cooler in there. The pool area is extremely nice. It is a large area so that it is not so stuffy and surrounded by windows so that it is bright. The pool is fairly large and not your ordinary rectangular shaped pool. I would say it is more kidney shaped, starting at 3 feet 6 inches and going to 5 feet. The hot tub is the largest I've ever seen in a hotel and has strong jets. There are lifts at both the pool and hot tub to accommodate handicapped people. By the time I got up in the morning the receipt for my bill had already been slid under my door and I was able to check out by phone. The free breakfast buffet is also nice and featured a wide variety of foods. I stayed Tuesday to Wednesday and the buffet went until 9:30. The location is also great. There are many restaurants nearby including Bob Evans, Chipotle, Subway, Tumbleweed, McDonalds, and many others. There is also a 24 hour Kroger with a 24 hour pharmacy nearby. We specifically requested a first floor room because of the person having surgery and the staff was very accommodating to that. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121 which was a basic, non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and it was right in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for writing such a great review on the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East. I'm so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us at the Country Inn. We value the feedback we received from our travelers and use this to identify our strengths and weaknesses. I will make sure to share your comments with everyone. We look forward to your return!

Kimberly Black
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing! Great location for a stop on our way south. The check-in was so easy. The gentleman was extremely pleasant! We loved the pool area. So relaxing! Our room was perfect and quiet. The best part of breakfast was the REAL plates and utensils! Food was great, too. I will add this to my list of hotels to return for a stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are delighted to hear that your stay was so relaxing it felt like a home away from home. I just wanted to let you know that Country Inn & Suites does offer a repeat guest program, the Carlson Club, we encourage you to participate seeing as you are adding us to your list of hotels. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay!
Greencastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our Family stayed one night June 24 and had a wonderful experience. Enjoyed the classical music in the lobby.The check in went very smoothly and we were given a room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa which is great when you have two teens. The beds and pillows were perfect for us. Very clean room. They even had santitizing wipes by phones and remotes. Though we didn't swim the pool area looked very nice. There were no lack of choices at breakfast, the normal cereals, toast and danishes along with eggs complete with omelet toppings, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravey, yogurt and oatmeal that included fresh blueberries and strawberries. Also the hotel is in a nice area with lots of food and shopping choices nearby. Nice porch area at the lobby entrance. The only negative was a slight smell of some mold near the hotel elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites I would like to thank you for your kind words and let you know that I will relay them to the staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Desk clerk was pleasent & helpful. Room was clean. Beds were not excessively hard, they had a slight softness to them. Complimentary coffee/tea available in the lobby. Breakfast was good. It was a standard eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles assorted breads & baked goods, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal, & orange/apple/cranberry juices as well as coffee/tea/milk. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We work hard every day to make sure that all of our guest leave satisfied. I appreciate your positve comments on the staff as well and will definitely pass them along. Thank you again for taking your time to fill out the survey. We greatly value your comments and we use the feedback not only to help us continue to strive for excellence but to also give us the extra push when we hit hurdles.
Ellet, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I checked in on Thursday night. Check in took about 1 minute. We were given a room key and sent on our way. No hello, explanation of anything, or any type of greeting. Upon arriving in our suite we unpacked everything. After unpacking my daughter used the bathroom and the toilet broke. The janitor was gone for the night and we didn't want to switch rooms after just unpacking, so my husband had to plunge the toilet himself! After that we went downstairs to swim. The door to get in the pool was broke! After 5 minutes of trying to get in we had to go get help. While swimming an alarm started to sound and wouldn't stop. The woman at the front desk didn't have a key to get into the area where the alaram was so i just kept going off. We had no idea what the alaram was so we left the pool area. That night in our room the fun continued. We had the noisest neighbors! In the morning we went to breakfast. The server on Friday was very nice and the breakfast was ok. Saturday morning breakfast was awful!!!! They were out of basically everything. We were there for 40 minutes waiting for mor food to be put out, but it didn't happen. We were supposed to stay till Sunday originally but we left early due to the poor hotel stay. At checkout I had to ask for my total because I was not given one. The staff was very cold. I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites, thats why we choose this hotel. This hotel is not up to the standards we are use to with Country Inn and Suites. Not worth $290.00 at all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize for your experience and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that you had problems with your bathroom and that the alarm in pool would not turn off. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue to provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

washington wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was at this hotel for training and my company paid for it and it was at a discounted rate of $49. The normal rate on the hotel website is $99. I would never pay $99 for this hotel. The hotel seems like its very old. While the room was clean, the decor was very outdated. The rooms don't have a microwave or fridge, which is a must for me just for convenience. Also, the rooms are very small and the pillows are tiny and uncomfortable. The fresh cookies upon checkin were nice. However, the breakfast was not the greatest but it was free. There are several 2.5 to 3 star hotels in this area much cheaper than the advertised price of $99 that Country Inn and Suites has. I might stay there again but would not pay more than $50 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations. I am sorry that you found your pillows to be uncomfortable and small. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. Once again thank you for taking the time to share you information which will help us improve for all our guest.