“wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Greencastle
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our Family stayed one night June 24 and had a wonderful experience. Enjoyed the classical music in the lobby.The check in went very smoothly and we were given a room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa which is great when you have two teens. The beds and pillows were perfect for us. Very clean room. They even had santitizing wipes by phones and remotes. Though we didn't swim the pool area looked very nice. There were no lack of choices at breakfast, the normal cereals, toast and danishes along with eggs complete with omelet toppings, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravey, yogurt and oatmeal that included fresh blueberries and strawberries. Also the hotel is in a nice area with lots of food and shopping choices nearby. Nice porch area at the lobby entrance. The only negative was a slight smell of some mold near the hotel elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites I would like to thank you for your kind words and let you know that I will relay them to the staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Desk clerk was pleasent & helpful. Room was clean. Beds were not excessively hard, they had a slight softness to them. Complimentary coffee/tea available in the lobby. Breakfast was good. It was a standard eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles assorted breads & baked goods, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal, & orange/apple/cranberry juices as well as coffee/tea/milk. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We work hard every day to make sure that all of our guest leave satisfied. I appreciate your positve comments on the staff as well and will definitely pass them along. Thank you again for taking your time to fill out the survey. We greatly value your comments and we use the feedback not only to help us continue to strive for excellence but to also give us the extra push when we hit hurdles.
Ellet, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I checked in on Thursday night. Check in took about 1 minute. We were given a room key and sent on our way. No hello, explanation of anything, or any type of greeting. Upon arriving in our suite we unpacked everything. After unpacking my daughter used the bathroom and the toilet broke. The janitor was gone for the night and we didn't want to switch rooms after just unpacking, so my husband had to plunge the toilet himself! After that we went downstairs to swim. The door to get in the pool was broke! After 5 minutes of trying to get in we had to go get help. While swimming an alarm started to sound and wouldn't stop. The woman at the front desk didn't have a key to get into the area where the alaram was so i just kept going off. We had no idea what the alaram was so we left the pool area. That night in our room the fun continued. We had the noisest neighbors! In the morning we went to breakfast. The server on Friday was very nice and the breakfast was ok. Saturday morning breakfast was awful!!!! They were out of basically everything. We were there for 40 minutes waiting for mor food to be put out, but it didn't happen. We were supposed to stay till Sunday originally but we left early due to the poor hotel stay. At checkout I had to ask for my total because I was not given one. The staff was very cold. I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites, thats why we choose this hotel. This hotel is not up to the standards we are use to with Country Inn and Suites. Not worth $290.00 at all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize for your experience and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that you had problems with your bathroom and that the alarm in pool would not turn off. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue to provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

washington wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was at this hotel for training and my company paid for it and it was at a discounted rate of $49. The normal rate on the hotel website is $99. I would never pay $99 for this hotel. The hotel seems like its very old. While the room was clean, the decor was very outdated. The rooms don't have a microwave or fridge, which is a must for me just for convenience. Also, the rooms are very small and the pillows are tiny and uncomfortable. The fresh cookies upon checkin were nice. However, the breakfast was not the greatest but it was free. There are several 2.5 to 3 star hotels in this area much cheaper than the advertised price of $99 that Country Inn and Suites has. I might stay there again but would not pay more than $50 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations. I am sorry that you found your pillows to be uncomfortable and small. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. Once again thank you for taking the time to share you information which will help us improve for all our guest.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I spent fewer than 8 hours in this hotel, but found it clean and comfortable. Check-in around 9:00 PM went smoothly, and the woman at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.

I booked a "park/sleep/fly" package, thinking that the additional cost of staying and leaving my car here (versus using the airport's extended parking) would be worthwhile, providing a nice night's sleep after a 75-mile drive and before a 6:20 AM departure. My flight times were changed so that I could not use the hotel shuttle for either my departing or arriving flights, but I was told the hotel had an arrangement with one cab company to provide the ride for $15. Just contact the front desk half an hour before leaving, and call them again upon my return. Great!

Or so I thought, until I tried to contact the front desk. Between about 11:00 & 11:30 PM, I stopped by the front desk a couple of times, looking for the clerk. I rang the bell. I waited. I wondered. I wandered. I left. Early the next morning (about 4:15), I tried calling the front desk, but got no answer. I went down there in person to check out and get a cab. There was nobody there. So I got my own cab to the airport, for about $10 more.

Upon returning to CMH, I called the hotel (around 11:30 PM) to ask them to send a cab, but ... no answer! I tried calling a couple more times, but gave up and got my own cab again.

I am not a demanding guest for service at a hotel, but to find the front desk essentially abandoned seems extraordinarily bad. For this, and its price (considering its location), I knock it down to a "3" rating.

Room Tip: With the central stairs reaching only the 2nd floor, a 3rd-floor room leaves you either waiting for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor review. I wanted to take a moment and let you know that your comments are reviewed and used for improvement.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the situation you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the front desk staff, and I assure you that I am working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Kimberly Black
Country Inn & Suites
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Can't beat the price for a close airport location, friendly accommodating staff and "homey" perks like fresh baked cookies, fruit, coffee & tea (24/7), free wi-fi and breakfast daily. Despite average but clean rooms, 1 slow elevator, 1 ice & vending machine, puffery description of being a "suite" hotel, the convenient airport location, accessibility to interstate, free delivery from multiple food establishments and of course, the room price helped to tilt the scales for a repeat stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, It is very important to our team you had a pleasant stay! I look forward to seeing you again as your travels bring you back to our area.
Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed our two nights here. The staff were nice and efficient. It was nice to have free cookies and goody basket in the room. I recommend staying here for the price. I used points+money and it was a really good deal. The room heater/air conditioner was noisy the second night. I mentioned this at checkout and I left feeling that they really would fix it. The pool was small, but warm.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport-East. I am sorry to hear about your flight delays. However, the staff was very excited to know that they were able to make a positive change to your travel experience. They work hard every day to make sure our guest have a safe, clean and comfortable stay. We always appreciate positive comments and hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbus.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East? Share your experiences!