“A very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Williamstown, New Jersey
“A very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed our two nights here. The staff were nice and efficient. It was nice to have free cookies and goody basket in the room. I recommend staying here for the price. I used points+money and it was a really good deal. The room heater/air conditioner was noisy the second night. I mentioned this at checkout and I left feeling that they really would fix it. The pool was small, but warm.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport-East. I am sorry to hear about your flight delays. However, the staff was very excited to know that they were able to make a positive change to your travel experience. They work hard every day to make sure our guest have a safe, clean and comfortable stay. We always appreciate positive comments and hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sassuolo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After 27 hours non stop travelling due to a flight cancellation we went there at 3 a.m. with no reservation. The lady at the desk has been very kind welcoming us. Big rooms at right price, quiet place, easy to find driving. Good breakfast as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. Great breakfast included with the price of the room. Convenient to the airport and freeway. Excellent value. We stay here everytime we come to Columbus for an Ohio State game.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PSheedy, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, It is very important to our team you had a pleasant stay! I look forward to seeing you again as your travels bring you back to our area.

Rafael Del Rio
Front Office Manager
614-322-8000
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for one night on July 5th. We had booked with the Country Inns Columbus North property, but it was so terrible we left and came to this Airport East hotel. This hotel was great. Very clean and nice. Staff was great. This is a good Country Inn. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PSheedy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stay at this hotel every time we are in Columbus. Everything is reasonable and it is close to several restaurants with ease in getting off/on the highway (except during rush hour traffic). We only had one problem (with noisy adolescents who seemed part of a sports team) and the manager took care of us after our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PSheedy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making all our Guests comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking the time to let us know. Thank you for your comments and please do not hesistate to tell us when succeed or fail. It is by these things that we continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for your comments.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Overall my stay was pretty good. The bed was comfortable, the room was decently clean and there were lots of extra pillows which I enjoy.

The staff at this hotel was friendly and the free cookies are always a nice touch.

Our room was ok, the bed was comfortable but the room could definintely use some work. There were stains on the walls and near the floor in the bathroom. The air conditioner is probably my biggest issue, it was SO loud that it would wake me up when I was sleeping, but at least it was functional. Also the television was on a dresser sort of thing, but it was so low that you could hardly see it when you were laying down in the bed. It should have been elevated, or they should have put it on a taller piece of furniture.

The hotel was very close to a lot of restaurants and also very close to the Easton Town Center shopping area which was really nice. The person at the front desk recommended we go to a restaurant called tumbleweed which was down the street - Don't go there, it's not very good.

The breakfast was decent for a free one. They had a selection of breads/english muffins, juices, yogurt and you could make your own waffles. There was also eggs, sausage and breakfast potatoes.

We got a good price on the hotel, I would stay here again if I was just passing through town. If you are looking for a nice hotel to stay more than a few days I would recommend a different one.

Room Tip: Maybe just check your room for cleanliness.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PSheedy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate the "candid" review. It is always good to have feedback such as yours. We appreciate you taking your time to let us know how we can improve. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff so we may take corrective action to improve. I am very sorry if you experienced any inconveniences during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Columbus.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night while doing some shopping in the area. My first impression was that the hotel was comfy and modern, however once I started to pay closer attention there were a few negatives. For example, there was no fan in my bathroom to help clear the steam after showering, the exit was hard to get out of in heavy traffic, and they ran out of breakfast items by the time I ate (around 9am). The rooms are also lacking privacy/blackout curtains so if you're like me and prefer to sleep in a space as dark as possible, you will definitely want to bring an eye mask because you'll have a lot of light in your room at night.

Overall, the hotel was extremely clean and updated and the rooms were perfect for a place to sleep.... it's just once I started to nitpick, I realized a few things that kept me from rating this place 5/5. If you're on a budget, this is a convenient place to stay in Columbus and you can't go wrong with the price and cleanliness!

Room Tip: Because the windows lack privacy curtains, definitely ask for a higher-up room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PSheedy, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
I hope you will accept our apolgies for any inconvieniences you experienced during your stay. I have investigated your comments and will take the steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. All of our rooms are equipped with fans in the bathroom and black-out curtains in the windows, I apologize again if that particular room had a maintenance issue and for some unforeseen reason was missing it's black-out curtains. My staff has been made aware of your comments and will take immediate corrective action. We appreciated your taking the time to review your experience with us. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Columbus. Thank you, Penni Sheedy

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East? Share your experiences!