“Pleasant! and a good surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #87 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Toledo, Ohio/Berlin
“Pleasant! and a good surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Considering other recent comments, I wasn't expecting such a good experience. Lobby, halls, room, pool area were neat, clean, and looking fairly updated. Staff members were friendly and helpful.

Late arrival was handled well and smoothly. Price was reasonable using some 'reward' points.
I needed my phone charged, and the attendant offered the manager's chargers, with the request that I return it in a couple hours. There were extra pillows in the closet.

My wife and I liked the whirlpool. The timer switch is an unusual distance and there isn't a change/bathroom near the pool. Plenty of eating shopping experiences nearby, however, there
is about a 15 - 20 minute drive to OSU and Columbus area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The people here are nice, but the hotel is obviously dog eared. The floor in the lobby is roughed up, the carpet is a bit shabby and there is a bit of a musty odor (not horrible but clearly there). Clearly it is an older hotel that has been renovated.

The first room they gave us had not been cleaned. They quickly remedied the situation and we were put into a freshly cleaned room. Fortunately we ran into the maintenance people when we were leaving the room and had them fix the 4 or 5 obvious things that needed attention before our return.

The breakfast staff was diligent and attentive.

Overall, I would look for a better hotel next time. I am a Carlson Club member and have stayed in many of their hotels. This was a poor choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. Our hotel did not complate renovation yet. We Still Have to Change Lobby Floor. and we also have to changecarpet,and wallpaper in Hallways.We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. i will add 1000 point to your club carlson account for your inconviniace.
Tinley Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was clean and close to where we needed to be. That’s about the extent of what I can say. We stayed here a couple of years ago for a wedding and I remembered that the front desk people were never available, always watching TV in the breakfast area or on the internet at the front lobby computer. Not much has changed, it was difficult to find help at the front desk, there was never anyone there….which at night made me feel a little uneasy as well. The hotel is extremely worn with wallpaper pealing off in the hallways, worn carpet. The pool was ok, but there were not towels in the pool room for two days and the room never got cleaned in between days. Walls/floors appear to be paper thin – we could hear word for word the people above us and next to us. When I booked the room I asked if it was a true “suite” with a bedroom with a door for the little one to be put down early. All of my other experiences at a Country Inn and Suites have been this type of room. I was told it had a living room area with a pull out coach and then a bedroom with a door. To our surprise we had the old whirlpool suite in which the whirlpool had been removed from the room and a coach put in its place. One large room, two beds and one couch. No microwave, no door. I found the price ($125 a night) to be a bit much for the quality of the stay. I would not recommend. Across the interstate are a number of newer hotels, I would go that way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sarah W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I talked to guest on the phone about the complaints. I apologized to her about the misunderstanding with the set up of the room. All our suites have the King bed with sleep-sofa and a door that separates them. The room the guest stayed in was a conversion and is marketed as a Studio Suite. The price for this room is slightly higher because it sleeps 6 people.
There is always someone on duty at the front desk. But from time to time we do have to leave to assist other guest, refresh the coffee, ect.
Our hotel is going through a renovation and everything has not been completed yet. The lobby is getting a new floor, we are putting in electronic doors, hallways are getting painted and we are going to install new carpet.
There are microwaves in all the rooms. They are now inside the dresser/TV unit in the room
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed one night, check in was simple and the receptionist was courteous and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower had excellent force. The room was inexpensive. The only negative was that there was no thermostat in the exercise room which was a little warm. After I returned home, I realized that I had left 2 important items in the room. The staff went out of their way to locate the items and I received the items 2 days later. Would definitely go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites. I am shocked that they put their name on this hotel! First off, the street that it is on ends in a cul-de-sac with a driveway for Best Western. It took us 3 trys to find the darn hotel. There was no signage to indicate that it was a joint driveway with Country Inn. The hotel itself was shoddy. The flooring in the lobby was warped and peeling up. The room had a very heavy chemical odor. The room overall was very dated and there was no chair in the living room area (1 bedroom suite), only a love seat. My son slept on the sofa bed and complained of back pain the next AM. Usually, we reserve a suite with 2 queen beds. This hotel only offered 1 king bed online at time of reservation. We asked at check-in if 2 queen beds were available. We were told we could have "the family suite" at an addition al cost of about $20/ night! Never have we had to pay extra for 2 queen beds vs 1 king bed at this chain of hotels. Bottom line, STAY ELSEWHERE!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dinesh P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
. Our hotel is going through a renovation. Our lobby floor had water damage is scheduled to be replaced later this year. Our rooms have all been renovated with all new furnature,lamps, microwaves, refrigerators and vanities in the bathrooms. We have new TVs on order and hope to have them in the rooms by the end of the year.
Unfortunatly, our hotel does not have 2 queen bedroom suites. We only have suites with 1 king bed and a sleep sofa.
There is a sign for our hotel at the front of Best Western's driveway
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were at the last stop of our vacation. This hotel was by far the nicest. Very clean. Staff was great. Breakfast the best I have had at a hotel. The only thing I would tell them to do is heat the pool more. I would stay here again. The price was right! I do not give 5 stars often, but I will here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed for one night, and it was decent for the price. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. The only complaint I have is the air conditioner unit was noisy. I am a deep sleeper, so once I got to sleep it wasn't a problem, but if you are a light sleeper, the noise could be a problem for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West? Share your experiences!