“We Loved the Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
LA
“We Loved the Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Nice clean Hotel even seen.
Very good Breakfast.
We try this hotel in July 1st and stayed for 2 nights we loved the stay.
Kids enjoyed the Indoor Pool
We will stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Bad place to stay new owners do not know what they are doing

• Stayed June 2011
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

My family had both a suite and a room with two queen beds. The manager and her staff were wonderful as always- fun and hospitable; that is a big part of why we come back again and again. The rooms are clean, fresh, and spacious. We were going to eat a large breakfast away from the hotel, but we didn't need to; the breakfast provided enough options for the whole family, and we went away very satisfied. The pool and jacuzzi area, as well as the fitness room, were fairly quiet and very relaxing. It was a fantastic stay, and so conveniently located to the things we needed to get to in Columbus!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review! Your family is always welcome here at Country Inn & Suites- Columbus West! We have had the honor to host you, and look forward to your return. This recognition and review is appreciated more than words can say.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Country inn has the best staff Brian is great at the front desk best breakfast

• Stayed February 2011
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you had a relaxing stay! We take great pride in our customer service, and are honored to have had this opportunity to host you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Punta Gorda, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family and I are checking out in the morning and I wanted to do my review now, so I didn't forget anything.
The staff here is awesome. You honestly could not ask for better. Brian was going to check us in, but upgraded us to a suite that wasn't ready. so we headed out for a bite to eat and once we came back Debbie was on duty. Brian was just leaving, but walked back in just to let us know that Debbie would take care of us. A soccer team had just left and cleaned them out of cookies. Debbie told us she would make some fresh ones in just a bit. Every time we walked past the front desk, the staff always greeted us and asked how we were. You don't get attention like that in the larger hotels. The rooms were typical Country Inn and Suites . The carpet looked pretty new and the beds were very comfortable. They were very clean.The problem was that the hotel left me with the feeling that the entire proplerty just needed some love and attention. It's March and the dead plants from last summer are still standing. If you pull your car up in front of the hotel, you can see where the decorative pieces around the window frames are starting to fall off. The pool was so disgusting, I would not let my 6 year old swim in it. It honestly looked like swamp water. We brushed it off from the soccer team that had just checked out, but when it was still like that the 2nd night, I was grossed out. And it was COLD! I noticed a review from back in December that mentioned the hot tub's control was broke. Well, here it is March, and it's still broke.
My family and I stay at Country Inn and Suites all the time and I hate leaving bad reviews because I really love this chain. It's family friendly, a great value and a usually always a safe bet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank you for being our guest at Country Inn & Suites- Columbus West!
Your kind words regarding our friendly staff means so much to all of us. It's wonderful to hear that our service is above the rest. We hope every guest feels at home here.
I recognize that at times our whirlpool has been a challenge for us at this hotel. However, we are constantly looking at ways to improve this experience for our guests. I assure you all feedback is heard and taken seriously. Should you ever need further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am always here to assist in any way possible!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Check in was smooth. We had to wait for a luggage cart but there were a lot of people arriving at the same time. We were offered fresh cookies which was nice. The Lobby, breakfast room, and halls were clean and newly furnihsed. Our room was clean and the furniture and decorations all looked new. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was good with more variety than I expected. We did have a problem with someone on our floor Friday night smoking marajuana. It really stank up the place but the hotel staff dealt with the issue right away.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at Country Inn & Suites- Columbus West! Your review is appreciated, and it's wonderful to hear that you had a pleasant stay!
We have updated much of our furnishings, and I am glad that our guests are enjoying them.
If I can ever be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We look forward to welcoming you back to "the country"!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

We just wanted to go away for one night to soak in a pool & hot tub. Some place close to home, and this place is 10 minutes from where we live. It has very cute country decor. When I walked in the lobby the first thing I smelled was fresh baked cookies available for free at the front desk.
Check in literally took 20 seconds. Love that!
The room was updated and comfy, and perfectly spotless. GREAT remote for the TV. Not complicated like many other places! I check for bedbugs before I allow my family to bring our stuff in the room and the mattresses actually looked brand new and so did all of the bedding.
They had cute touches in the room with the decoratively folded towels. I'll try to post pics.
We settled in and changed into our bathing suits and headed for the indoor pool. The pool is smallish but that was OK for us. It was warm and didn't require any getting used to the water. We got right in. The hot tub was a bit too hot and we never did figure out how to make the bubbles happen, even the next morning. I think the controls were broken.
The heater/AC unit worked perfectly and was very quiet, which was a problem for me. I sleep with a fan blowing on me at home, but this place was quiet. I know other people need white noise to sleep, but there is none here. No vent fans in the bathroom. either. Next time i will bring my own fan.
The free breakfast had lots of choices, including the makings for eggs Benedict, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc.... There was plenty and I can't see how anyone could complain.
There is a Steak-n-shake, McDonald's, Burger King and tons of other fast food places with in a 2 minute drive from the hotel.
The staff was awesome, from the person who took my reservation - Crystal- to the woman who checked me in - sorry, didn't catch your name.
All in all, we had a good stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Thank you for staying with us at Country Inn & Suites- Columbus West! It's such a pleasure to hear that our guests are enjoying our hospitality and having comfortable stays. We hope to see your family again soon. You are always welcome here, and we will continue to strive for customer service excellence. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you and your family.
Kristin

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus-West? Share your experiences!