“I will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I recently spent 3 nights at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Columbus, Ohio while traveling on business. I booked a suite for an upcharge but wanted the extra space since I was going to be there for a while. The room was spacious and clean. The couch was comfortable as pull-outs go. I was able to watch TV on the big screen TV and work using the free wi-fi. The bed was great - very comfortable. The showerhead was high, great for tall folks like me. Since it is a Hampton Inn, there was a decent free continental breakfast. For lunch and dinner, there are a number of great restaurants close by in the Short North and Arena District.

The one watchout - valet parking is $23 a night and there is no option for self-parking.

I will definitely be back on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

After reading a very lengthy review about this hotel, we booked it anyway. Why? Because experience with the Hilton chain of hotels has taught me that when there is a problem and I have an unsatisfactory stay and report the stay, I get my money back for that night.
This Hampton is well located for conventions, sports events, and trendy night spots. We were there for our son's 35th birthday party at a nearby nightspot.
The property was clean. The staff were friendly. The room was typical Hampton with the comfortable beds and neutral decor. I expect no less with the Hampton chain. Breakfast was also typical and I did find that I could stay on my WW points easily with the selection. If you don't like what's being served at a free buffet in a hotel you can go elsewhere and pay.
The valet parking was $21 with in and out access. Cheaper than most of the hotels in the area.
We were on the top floor and there were no issues with noise. Granted, the 2nd floor to this Hampton is unusual with all the amenities grouped onto this floor; pool, breakfast area, business center, fireplace lounge, etc. But, as I will repeat again, Hampton has a 100% refund policy that I have taken advantage of a few times in the last 10 years.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I don't usually write reviews, but I had such a pleasant experience here! I'm not sure what the person before me is talking about - it's as if they're describing another hotel entirely!

I was in Columbus on business for 5 days and was a bit nervous b/c I just returned back to work now that my 3 kids are in school. The staff there couldn't have been nicer, friendlier, and welcoming. It made being away from my family a lot easier.

The beds are very comfortable and have real down comforters, which probably accounts for the 'lumpiness' the previous reviewer noticed. The beds aren't lumpy at all. My room was kept very clean (and I'm quite a germaphobe - even with 3 kids!) and everything was excellent working order. As far as noise, I didn't notice anything (and I'm a very light sleeper) and the hotel was booked to capacity.

The location is amazing. It's the only hotel within walking distance to great shops and restaurants. And the staff was very helpful whenever I was looking for a specific type of cuisine. I was always greeted with a sincere smile and everyone was always ready to help me with anything. A couple of staff members even took the time to listen to me go on and on (and on - LOL!) about how much I missed my family. They were very sincere and empathetic.

This was a great experience and I highly recommend this hotel. You can't beat the staff, the service, the cleanliness, and the price!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Very comfortable. The extra room of the suites and mini suites are well worth the minor additional cost. The buffet breakfast is actually quite nice, just ends too early.

I have stayed 4-5 times and will be back next month. The location is great for the Art Walk. Not as nice as the Hyatt, but much better location. Very comfortable bed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
morgantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel since I was so pleased with the first stay. Hotel is nice with a downtown atmosphere. The location is great since some fine eating establishments are within walking distance. Great for a business trip to downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The hotel has a GREAT location in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus! There are quite a few restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel is also very clean, but other than that, it is a typical unoriginal chain hotel with a free sub-par breakfast and all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel for a wedding. The first night we had a junior suite...which was amazing. The second night was a 2 bed regular room. Both were very clean and spacious! The free breakfast was wonderful....huge selection and great seating. The pool is a metal one, which I found weird and the water had a salty taste...but my daughter still loved it. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family