“Great Hilton property in a great part of town.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay n Park
Ranked #10 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Hilton property in a great part of town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a long time Hilton Diamond member so I am always scouting out the best bang for my buck when in a new city. When in downtown Columbus, this one is it.
This is a newer property right across from the Columbus Convention Center and adjacent to the Arena District.
All the rooms are newly completed /remodeled and have flat panels, full vanity bathrooms, etc.
It reminded me of a higher scale Hilton Garden Inn or even a full service Hilton Hotel property in some other cities.
The staff was very professional, and fun, and were happy to provide me with recomendations for spots to eat and drink within easy walking distance.
The only quasi-negative I had with the property is that they charge 23.00 to valet per day and do not have a self park option.
I found my own option and parked at the garage behind the hotel and to the left of the Market for only 14.00 per day.
My favorite part of my stay is that is that the property is located only a few steps from Barleys Columbus which is one of my favorite microbreweries and grills in the Midwest.
I will not hesitate to stay here again and as a mater of fact will be back up there at the end of March.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Wildcat1897,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and the great team we have here. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Diamond member and I am very glad to hear you will be back at the end of the month.
Safe travels!

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Deposit, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We really loved Patrick and Clifford. They were incredibly helpful. We also loved the valet and front desk staff, as well as the staff serving breakfast. But the breakfasts were terrible and the heating system was terribly noisy.

Room Tip: The omelettes are very institutional. Those and the french toast sticks are the very same product s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Shoops_13,
Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed a lot of the staff members and the service they provided. I am however disappointed to hear that our breakfast fell short of your expectations along with the noisy HVAC in your room. I would like to get some additional feedback from you about the breakfast and HVAC experience. At your convenience, do you mind emailing me at matthew.kolbrich@hilton.com with a bit more details? You may also call me to discuss if you prefer, 614-559-2000. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you!
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazing staff and awesome room. Gorgeous bathroom, new, modern, very comfortable bed. Pool was warm and relaxing. Breakfast was great, something for everyone. Location could not have been more perfect. Our stay was very enjoyable and would highly recommend this hotel. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Julie D, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you like the new bathrooms and our amenities. We have received a lot of great compliments about them! I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a great hotel within walking distance of so many really good places to eat and great bars. It is higher than most Hampton's but the location is worth it. Don't trust your GPS to find this one. Pay attention when you get close. The Knead next door is an outstanding locally sourced eclectic restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eskimotrvir, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay even with the ongoing renovations. Since your stay, the scaffolding has begun to be dismantled and the exterior work is near its end. I will be sure to let the owners of Knead know that you enjoyed their restaurant! I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon!
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Location, location, location. The downtown Columbus Hampton Inn & Suites is centrally located steps away from the Greater Columbus Convention Center, a short walk to the restaurants, galleries and shops in Short North and easy walking distance to the Nationwide Arena. It doesn't hurt that Barley's Brewing is three doors down, but that is for another review. The rooms are being remodeled and are very comfortable with the best pillows I have ever slept on.
The complementary breakfast is the best that I have had at any Hampton that I have stayed at.
The other great thing are the friendly and courteous staff.
Great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charliegardener, Thank you so much for the great review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay and the surrounding area! We are very lucky to be located in such a centralized location that our guests have so much to enjoy. I hope you are able to stay with us again next time you are in Columbus!
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was our first visit to Columbus and we couldn't have stayed at a better place! We were immediately upgraded to a newly rennovated suite upon arrival. We felt a feeling of luxury that one might expect from a much more expensive hotel. The staff that we encountered were all very accomadating, friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The complimentary breakfast was very good with many choices in what appeared to be a newly rennovated space. The fitness facility and pool also appeared to be newly rennovated with the basics for a good workout. Everything was very clean, including our suite. One qualifier, is that we were there during an off time just before Christmas, but I think we would have received the same great treatment if we had been there during busier times. The location for us was great in as far as we came for an entertainment act on Park Avenue and to explore the Ohio State campus. The only downfalls that I could come up with were 1) the hotel is temporarily wrapped in construction paper (not a good photo op-LOL!) and 2) the parking is strictly valet at $23 per day. Other than that, we couldn't have asked for better place!

Room Tip: Our suite faced the North with a view of a beautiful church next door which to us was the most desir...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The renovation of this property is very impressive. The renovated rooms are very nice and staff service/friendly is just excellent. The location is very convenient if going to the convention center. There are lots of fine restaurants nearby.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!