“Another Great Race Stat” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay n Park
Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Another Great Race Stat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love staying at this hotel for the Columbus Marathon. The staff & especially the doorman, Clifford, are the best. The location puts us near both the start & finish & gives us many good food & drink, choices along with being near the convention center.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem great, I don't like being near an elevator. They are currently redoing th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites November 1-4. Had a great stay. Property is clean, staff is friendly and helpful, location is great. They are renovating right now, but it's not obtrusive at all. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boardman, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed with a wedding group on 11/3/12. The hotel was in the process of renovating, yet that was handled extremely well, as not to be the slightest bother to the guests. I'm sure that is not easily accomplished. The new rooms are fantasic and very clean! It had a nice modern feel to it. As strange as it sounds, you'll love the faucet. The breakfast area on the second floor was upscale and rich looking featuring dark wood, and a beautiful fireplace. The breakfast was very good and had great presentation. Most limited service hotels have a free breakfast but you will not see many with this type of setting!! Lastly, the staff was also very good. Clifford, the bellman, specifically stood out as qiuckly became a favorite to guests as they checked in. Overall, we were very impressed!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on 10/31/12. The next day I realized that I had left a shirt behind. I turned around and told two hotel clerks about the situation. It was 1 pm. The clerk had called housekeeping. She had to ask them several times, as though they did not understand her. The clerk stated that the maid said that she did not see a shirt. I described the shirt and asked if she could keep check lost and found, she would not, she only repearted what the maid had said. What the clerk could have done, but did not was to send the maid back to the room or let me go up with her to check, but she did not. That was disappointing, so I left.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Mr. Strickler, it was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we were unable to locate your shirt that you left behind. I appreciate you bringing your experience with the front desk to me as I will use this as a training tool on how to better handle these types of situations going forward. As discussed, I will be mailing you a complimentary stay voucher that you can use next time you are in Columbus.
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for a week on two separate occasions while traveling on business. My first stay was not the greatest as I was in a very outdated, worn out, musty room. I requested a renovated room on my second stay and was very pleased - the renovations are definitely giving the property a noticeable facelift. Staff was very friendly on both occasions. The location is great - right across the street from a fantastic indoor farmers market with a wide variety of food options and within walking distance to many other restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Andrea - I am very happy to hear you got to enjoy one of our renovated rooms the second time around! I hope that you will be back again soon and get to enjoy our renovated lobby scheduled to be completed this coming spring!
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Four of us stayed here before the Columbus marathon. The service was terrific!! At check Clifford was cheerful, the gals behind the desk were friendly and smiling!! They gave us all complementary bottles of water - awesome as we were preparing for our run and they started breakfast at 5am instead of the usual 6am so everyone could get to the start line. They called that evening to the room to be sure we were happy with the room and if we needed anything. Then 45 minutes later when we discovered one of us did not have a toothbrush, they brought one right up. The room were large and clean but what I really liked was the service and smiles!! They provided a late checkout and were awesome when we all returned. It is close to the finish line of the marathon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations! I hope that we get to see you again soon in the near future!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Overall, very good - the room was very clean and reasonably set up, quite comfortable. Construction was handled well, as other reviewers have noted. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was convenient and the coffee very acceptable. The little convenience-store corner by the front desk was very convenient indeed, particularly as there are not many alternatives nearby. Check in and out went very smoothly.

On the other hand, some attention to a few details would have made a good experience much better. My room had a brand-new shower, but no matter how carefully I closed the door, it leaked. A new door did not seem to be soundproofed, at least on the 1 night that a neighbor was home late from the bars. No staff member ever asked how the room was, nor was there a comment card. They leave a card that says to limit ecological impact, they launder towels on request - to wash, leave on the floor, to keep, hang up. No matter how carefully I hung towels, they were changed.The breakfast was much as you would expect from a business hotel buffet - not bad, not exceptional, but I *detested* eating off plastic plates with plastic utensils. (To give credit where credit is due, they did have ceramic coffee mugs.)

No restaurant, but nearby is the North Market and Knead - both are highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear your overall experience was very good. However, I am very sorry to hear that our program to help the environment fell short of what we are trying to do. I immediately shared your comments with my Housekeeping team and have used your feedback as a training lesson moving forward. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with again this spring when the enhancements to our property will be complete!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!