“Ordinary and plain” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Chicago
“Ordinary and plain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel location is good relative to the Columbus area, and it is walking distance to a nice large outdoor shopping & restaurant district, which is the hotel's redeeming quality. The room was plain and ordinary, circa the 1980's (although they have a flat panel TV). The bedding & pillows were older and the bathroom was again just plain. The innovation there is a curved shower rod. There is a daily internet charge which is annoying. The hotel corridor was a bit musty with very dated wallpaper decor. All in all, it is hard to justify a stay of any length here unless it is a pure location play. Nice time I'm in town I will be trying someplace else for the $$$.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Carrie R, General Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear valued guest, thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel and providing us with valuable feedback. I understand how frustrating it is when expectations are not met. I am excited to announce we will be renovating all of our 313 guestrooms beginning this winter and updating our public spaces as well. I hope you will stop by to check out our new look next year. Warm Regards, Carrie R.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stayed at the Easton Hilton for our 6th anniversary. I had tried to find a cheaper rate on other websites but could not book sat. night so I called the hotel directly. Spoke to a very nice man named Dan(I think). He found us a room forFri.and Sat nite but it was a double. He said there would be no problem getting a king room, just ask at checkin. When we arrived about 3pm the girl at the desk sort of frowned and said they were booked. When I told her it was our anniversary she put us on the concierge floor with a king room.very nice with tons of pillows and robes.Room was clean and large.they also gave us the bed and breakfast package for our anniversary which was fabulous! thanks so much, food was yummy and so plentiful. We totally relaxed that weekend and I can't wait to take my niece here to do the American girl package. She will LOVE it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wickliffe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whenever we stay on Hilton properties, we are never disappointed. Hilton employees make you feel welcome and they are more than helpful with any little thing. They pay attention to details. When I travel I like to be pampered and that is why I always choose Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Hilton property is in a great location at Easton Shopping Center. There are great stores and places to eat. The hotel is very clean and has a nice Williamsburg like decor and look. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The staff is very responsive. The smoke detector in my room started to chirp at 3AM due to a low battery. The night manager was at my door within five minutes to replace the battery and apologize. He gave me two breakfast gift certificates. In the morning, he apologized again. I have stayed her 5 or 6 times and it is always perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, convenient to Easton shopping. Great room, hotel bar is nice but pretty expensive. Even happy hour prices are high! Went on a business trip for a conference with my wife and staff was very nice and courteous. Bottom line, nice place but glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for a conference, and I really enjoyed the location of this hotel. After the conference sessions let out, we were able to go as a group to some of the surrounding restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The rooms are clean, conference rooms are spacious, and the lobby is nice. Lots of shopping in Eaton Town Center too.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the breakfast buffet!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Newton, Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Also their thermostats. You see, the problem with those two items is that they work. The showerhead is not "low-flow." Water just pours out, allowing you to complete a shower in half the time and feel cleaner too. Likewise, the thermostat does not restrict you from setting the temperature below 65 degrees, the way most modern ones do. So you can adequately cool off the rooms at night.

Unfortunately when I complimented the manager on this, she said they wer going to renovate and put in the new shower heads and thermostats, so call ahead and insist on a non-renovated room.

Upsides: great walkable location, almost uniquely so in the Columbus suburbs, and comfortable rooms and good food (not great but hey, we are in the suburbs of Columbus, not the center of Paris).

Downside: lots of hallway noise.

Room Tip: (1) Get one at the END of a hallway to avoid the hallway noise. There is no street noise to speak o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Columbus at Easton? Share your experiences!