“The 1980s called. They want their showerheads back” 5 of 5 stars

American Girl® Store Deal
Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newton, Mass
“The 1980s called. They want their showerheads back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Also their thermostats. You see, the problem with those two items is that they work. The showerhead is not "low-flow." Water just pours out, allowing you to complete a shower in half the time and feel cleaner too. Likewise, the thermostat does not restrict you from setting the temperature below 65 degrees, the way most modern ones do. So you can adequately cool off the rooms at night.

Unfortunately when I complimented the manager on this, she said they wer going to renovate and put in the new shower heads and thermostats, so call ahead and insist on a non-renovated room.

Upsides: great walkable location, almost uniquely so in the Columbus suburbs, and comfortable rooms and good food (not great but hey, we are in the suburbs of Columbus, not the center of Paris).

Downside: lots of hallway noise.

Room Tip: (1) Get one at the END of a hallway to avoid the hallway noise. There is no street noise to speak o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel is in a great location, next to great shopping, eating and entertainment. You can easily walk to great restaurants and multiple shopping establishments. The lobby and grounds are beautifully cared for.

NY/NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

So I arrive at the hotel and they hand me glow sticks at the front desk, telling me that during the night they are oging to turn off the electricity for maintenance. The event was somewhat uneventful, except that the sudden change in sound in the rrom was enough to wake me. Overall the room was nice, clean and the staff freindly. I'd have no problem staying again, glow stick or not.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Carrie R, General Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at our hotel with us. I understand it was a unique situation in that we needed to repair the main electric panel in our building. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. Our goal was to be proactive by scheduling the work during the overnight hours and provide our guests with the glow sticks to eliminate any potential disturbances. We thank you for your cooperation and hope you will visit us again next time you are in the area. Kindly, Carrie R.
Norwalk, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Easton for the weekend of our daughter's wedding. It was a fantastic experience. The bell staff was extremely helpful anytime we needed them. Room service was prompt and we enjoyed the meals. We felt at home in the larger king room.

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Even though I live in Columbus I stayed at the Hilton just to get away....boy was it worth it for the night. The customer service was fanastic, everyone was willing to assist and cater to your every need. In today's society its hard to receive great customer service

Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is the perfect Hilton.

From the shuttle drivers who are so friendly and personable, especially a young man who played college football who I had so much fun talking sports with, to the Hilton Chef who answered the phone one day and was an absolute hoot, to all the front desk clerks who are so friendly and professional, especially the young man on the overnight shift June 14 who is the long distance runner. What a bunch of great people. They all exceeded my expectations.

Every Hilton is clean, but this one is spotless. One day of my several day stay I was in the room when the maid cleaned, and it wasn't just a once over, but a through cleaning everyday including vacuuming and mopping the bathroom floor. Nobody does that! They exceeded my expectations.

Then the food here is wonderful. I tried the Beef short ribs that about melt in your mouth. The pizza is the best I've ever eaten. Burger served cooked perfect on a bakery fresh roll. I asked if they made their bread at the hotel and was told they have a speciality bakery that makes those excellent baked goods. Exceeded my expectations.

Quiet at night.

This is the perfect place to stay!

Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for a week and the service, and the room was HORRIBLE. The carpet in the room was stained up and nasty looking. There was nor refrigerator in the room...I was staying a week, I needed that, then when I asked for one it took FOREVER to get it, and it smelled!! I ordered room service, just some chicken soup and a sandwich which was nasty and cost me $40! The toilet ran ALL NIGHT and no one was able to figure out why because it didn't do it during the day. The sofa bed was nothing but straight springs...no one could sleep on that EVER. I think the thing that bothered me the most out of all that mess was you had to pay for wifi!!!!9.99 per day plus tax!!!! Even McDonald's gives free wifi...seriously. I have stayed at some way cheaper hotels that had much better commodities and way better service. I absolutely REFUSE to ever step foot in that hotel again! If you ever have business or want to g shopping in the Easton area in Columbus stay at the Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Carrie R, General Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay. We’re sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your visit. We apologize for issues in your room and that our room service did not live up to your expectations. I have addressed these issues with our team and we are actively working to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Carrie

Been to Hilton Columbus at Easton? Share your experiences!