“Dependable Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, OH
“Dependable Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stay here about 3 or 4 times per year for conferences and it is always excellent. In fact, I don't think I've ever had one complaint or disappointment with this establishment, and that's unusual for me and hotels! My first job at 14 was cleaning hotel rooms, so I know what to look for and I know what clean is ... very few hotels exceed my expectations, but this place does!

Nice, quiet bar in the lobby. Sports bar at the other end is fun and rowdy at times. Food is good even with room service. Service here is always excellent at the front desk as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Columbus, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is in need of renovation. The fitness center is far too small for the size of the property but you can get a $10 pass for the excellent independent fitness center nearby. May very good restaurants within walking distance - all better choices than the hotel's outlets.

Room Tip: The Club Floor is not worth the premium charged.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed here for a conference and was very happy with the size of the rooms, cleanliness of the hotel and extremely friendly staff. The facilities for the conference were excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and nicely appointed. The location is outstanding - Easton Center is an awesome place to walk around and shop and eat. The self-parking at the hotel was easy and free. They even treat the mirror in the bathroom so that a section doesn't fog up after your shower - very cool. One night there were some noisy guests out in the hallway at midnight, but I guess you get that anywhere. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very reasonably priced and delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Huber Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Now this is the finest hotel we've visited! Stayed for a weekend getaway. I've stayed at a lot of Hilton's and this by far is the best. The room was perfect, the room service was very delicious and more than we expected, and the staff was friendly and helpful. You will enjoy the pool too. The Easton Mall is just past the parking lot. It's all the shopping you'd ever need. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Mall.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

The hotel is very nice, looks very new and the rooms feel clean and new. The location is also very good at the Easton shopping area, within walking distance to many restaurants and stores.

The only negative is that the internet service is terrible! It's expensive (about $10) and terribly slow. (The internet service at the Columbus airport (free wireless) was actually faster!)

If internet access is not a priority for you, this is definitely a good hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I am flying in for a wedding in June. The rooms are blocked off at a rate. Because I'm staying with a friend of mine we want two beds. First I called the 1800 number which was routed to India and then because the rooms were under a block I was then given the local number for the hotel. Why must companies do this???

I called the local number and spoke to a reservationist. I explained my situation and asked for two beds. They could not guarantee me two beds but could guarantee a bed and a pullout. I asked why and they explained that because of the blocks that were going on they didn't know what they would have available. I asked to them book outside of the block into open rooms and pay the public price. Nope. Couldn't guarantee that either. They could put in a "request" for two doubles but wouldn't know until the day I checked in. I asked who the request would go to. The answer is themselves. I then asked for the logic behind such a policy and was told a very circular explanation that ended up being nonsensical.

Maybe the hotel is very nice. I have no idea. I'm sure it will be adequate but I also expect some kind of mishap during checkout since we'll be paying with two credit cards. That seems to be inevitable at hotels these days.

I like to travel. I like to stay in hotels. But why all the red tape???? It's a room. I pay for it. There you go.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights this week while on business. The hotel is literally next to dozens of restaurants and shops. Our first night there I got food poisoning. I was so sick the following day I had to miss all of my business meetings. I also could barely move. Room service made the extra effort to go to the sundries shop and coffee shop to get me different items I requested - medicines, vitamin water, etc. They were very accommodating and kind.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone traveling to Columbus.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Columbus at Easton? Share your experiences!