“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Toronto, Canada
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton for business travel in late August/ early September. The surrounding area of Easton is a wonderful area with many malls, shops and great resturants.

The hilton is huge hotel and demonstrates a grand presence. I founds the rooms to be good, but not overly fabulous. The hotel does offer room service, but it is extreamly overpriced. For example a breakfast (eggs, coffee and toast) will run you about $20 USD with taxes and service charge.

Internet access is also offerred at a fee ($10 US/ day).

If you are looking for a cost effective hotel, I would go across the street to the marriot.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

The rooms were fairly large and reasonably well appointed. The beds are new and comfortable. The sheets were high quality and soft. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. With that said, there was nothing particularly special about the room except perhaps an enormous bathroom. Though the hotel's exterior gives off the impression of a 19th century mansion, the room's interiors are fairly generic. It doesn't look like anything more than a run-of-the-mill Hilton. That's not to say that the rooms aren't nice; they're just not anything special. But with a $240 price tag, they should be.

My only major complaint is that the walls were thin. I could hear someone coughing in another room. But aside from the relatively thin walls and the price tag, it is a nice hotel with a great location if you're visiting Easton.

• Liked — Large rooms, beds, staff
  • Disliked — price, thin walls
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

This is a very nice Hilton! The lobby is beautiful, there is a sports bar, restaurant, coffee shop... The location is great - right at Easton Town Center with numerous restaurants and shops... This is my second time - and I will say that the service was much improved. After my first stay one year ago I found every member of the staff to be extrememly rude and I vowed never to return. I reluctantly came back this year due to friends staying here as well... and I found most of the staff to be much nicer. The front desk still wasn't overly friendly but there was a big improvement.

The main problem with this place is the price! On a good day you can stay here for $189/night - and that's cheap! I've paid less than that for VERY nice hotels in NYC, Beverly Hills... This hotel has yet to figure out that it is simply in Columbus, OH and with the exception of a nice mall and Ohio State Football (Go Bucks!) they don't have much else. You have to drive to Cincinnati or Cleveland for professional sports - and I'm a girl! I'm a Hilton Diamond member and I will not likely stay again. You can do much better for less money in Columbus.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

The reason I am writing this review is because I cannot believe the reviews this hotel is getting and I want to try to rectify what I believe are some very unfair -- if not untrue--comments from previous reviewers.

I actually stay here several times a year as we service a client whose location makes this hotel an ideal place to stay. It is in the 'pseudo' town of Easton which is actually an intriguing outdoor mall done up as a small town. There are some townhouses in Easton but its real reason to be is to lodge virtually every chain retailer you can think of from Nordstrom's to Smith and Hawken. I am a dyed in the wool New Yorker but I still find Easton an attractive place to shop and far more interesting than any giant indoor mall.

The Hilton is an anchor at one end of the town. The only other lodging in Easton is a Marriott Courtyard at the opposite end of the 'town'. Having stayed there, it's obvious why the Hilton can charge premium rates--despite our corporate discount, this is no bargain hotel. My rate most recently was $209.00 a night. For this I had a nice, well equipped King bedded room with all the standard bells and whistles. The hotel has a great lobby bar and a restaurant which is perfect fine but given the array of dining options in Easton--everything from Smith and Wollensky to Brio to PJChang is right there--I have only eaten there a couple of times.

The business sxervices are excellent. There's an airport van that will save you $20.00 on a cab. And the airport is very close. All in all I think this is a fine place to stay--not extraordinary but certainly much better than many other options in Columbus--specifically a dreadful downtown Hyatt.

• Liked — The location, the cleanliness, the reliability.
  • Disliked — Nothing Special
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Columbus at Easton for a wedding. The room rates were high and I was very disappointed with the quality of this property. This is definitely a case where a hotel's location gets it enough business that they can ignore quality.

I was first in a twin-bedded room on the second floor with a terrible view of the parking lot. I told the hotel that I think they had given me their worst room, and was moved to a king-bedded room on the sixth floor. This room had a better view of Easton.

The furnishings in the hotel are just average, but are in need of renovation. They have an old-world feel, but since this is a business hotel, I wish they would renovate with modern, business-friendly features. The tv was an old cheap looking CRT model. There was no fridge or mini-bar in the room.

Additionally, the service of the hotel was really unhelpful. The internet worked in the first room, but not the second room. I was told to call a 1-800 number for help; no one in the hotel could help me. Room service trays frequently lined the halls. The front desk staff were rude.

The bathroom was generally nice (although the shower curtain was of cheap quality. The bedsheets and towels were nice and soft.

Overall, the location of this hotel is good, but the hotel itself is quite bad. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bad staff, In dire need of room renovations
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

Deludente - Troppo caro! Non ve lo consiglio. Molto bello e staff cordiale ma .............le camere sono nella norma

• Liked — locataions
  • Disliked — overpriced
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton on April 4th, 2007 for one night. It seemed like a fairly decent hotel and of Hilton quality so I booked it due to the close proximity to Easton Mall.

1. The check-in process was easy, I used the Zip-Check in and had a room key in less than 2 minutes. There was no one in line and was on my way up to the room quickly.

2. The rooms are normal for a Hilton, nice bed, pillows, work desk, nice tv, nice bathroom. The quality of the linens was fine as well as the towels. There is a in-room coffee make but no refridgerator. in addition, they give you 2 bottles of complimentary water. I felt that the climate control in the room didnt work so well, and our room felt stuffy(hot), even when I turned the air down really low. My 4-year old said it felt hot as well. The tv has around 30 stations,but I cant wait until some of these hotels for $300+ a night get flat screens and have an abundance of channels such as satelite tv.

3. For $300 a night, I was a little disappointed, I dont know what to expect (maybe pay that much in Manhatten, but not in Columbus,Ohio), but I guess the location is great for Easton Mall.

4. The hotel offers valet parking $10.00, bell hop service and concierge. I used the valet and it was very quick, however, there is adequete parking literally right there.

5. The workout room is fine, the pool is somewhat warm, jacuzzi seemed fine. It is an indoor pool so you can swim when it is cold out.

6. There is a Starbucks coffee location in the lobby and bar, and a nice fireplace to sit around and have a drink.

7. Easton Mall is 2 blocks away, PF CHangs is right across the street, Cheesecake Factory is 2 blocks away, with a number of other restaraunts very close by, as well as the indoor part of the mall. No need to drive since it is literally right there.

I did not have room service, but I noticied that quite a few people on our floor did by the trays outside the rooms.

Overall I would go back but not after looking at some of the other hotels very close by that our around $150 per night. I was not really impressed by the hotel nor the rooms, except for the location. Staff seemed nice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price and climate control
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Columbus at Easton? Share your experiences!