“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
United States
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent the night after a weekend with friends because I had an early flight the following morning. I picked the hotel because it said it had shuttle service. What I didn't realize was the shuttle didn't run as early as my flight. The front desk arranged for a cab the next morning and, when I went down to meet it, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the hotel paid for it (I assume due to the shuttle being unavailable). Hotel had standard hallway noise but all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was a guest at this hotel for 6 nights (booked 2 rooms). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, towels were fluffy and the sheets were crisp. The bed was comfy and the pillows were in good condition. The pullout sofa wasn't very comfortable and blanket/sheets that were provided for the pullout weren't very nice, but they were clean. Housekeeping wasn't on a daily schedule and no one seemed to know why or what days the rooms were "full" serviced. I requested daily full service which was provided. My only complaint was that towels were never hung or folded onto the towel rack, they were left in a pile on the bathroom counter. The laundry room has clean machines and use is complimentary. Breakfast is standard and the pantry has basic drinks and snacks. Parking is well lit, but crowded at the front door area. There is a Subway, McDonalds and Waffle House within walking distance. I was told that the hotel was recently sold and that major renovations are coming by the end of the year. This was my second week long stay here and I would consider this property again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the back of the property.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got in late and left early, but the reception desk was super helpful with my shuttle out in the early morning to the airport (shuttle wasn't running so they provided a complimentary taxi). Right when we got to our room, we got a call from the front desk to confirm that the front desk host had made the cab reservation. When I got back to the airport the next week, I just called them and they sent the shuttle right away. The room was very clean and had many amenities. Overall, it was a great stay!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice staff. Clean room with a fireplace that made the chilly night great. Donna at the front desk was nice and friendly. The hotel is close to Easton Mall. Just a great place to stay. The breakfast was good and hot.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Comfortable, convenient to the airport and to downtown. The suites have a living area, kitchen and bedroom. The bedroom is separated from the rest of the suite by a door. The beds are comfortable and there is a variety of pillows (soft, firm, etc.) available. Caulk in the bathtub could stand to be replaced. The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast daily and a complimentary evening meal on certain days of the week. The room I had was very quiet. Parking was easy and plentiful.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like to stay near the airport when I have business downtown. It's a quick drive on I-670 to get downtown and the exit onto 3rd puts you right into the action, but make sure you leave for downtown by 7:20 am. Donna checked me in, and she was fantastic. Great price midweek for a true two-room suite with a door separating the bedroom and bath from the living room and kitchen. The doors are full height and are solid core, so quality is apparent. There were plenty of pillows and a great mattress. The full kitchen featured a full-size fridge, a 2-burner stove, a sink, and a microwave. It's basically a one bedroom house with pool access. Breakfast is typical with the nice addition of hashbrowns. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! Donna was thrilled to learn she had such a positive effect on your stay, thank you for the feedback. I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would have given 5 stars if there was not the these things. They were out of pool towels an hour before they close the pool for the evening. Second,,, There was dust on top of the room refrigerator. Lastly, on Hilton web site for AARP. You can have a 2 pm check out. I asked about that with front desk. They said because they were sold out for that upcoming evening. All they can give us until 1 pm. My wife said to me. Don't worry about it and move on. We did. The point to this. Since Hilton has this late check out of 2 pm. Shouldn't the hotel we are staying honor this? Or does each property can do their choosing on the rules?
There are about 5 properties within 1 mile radius. I picked this one because Hilton stands by its name.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them you are AARP member.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. It is our goal at Homewood Suites to make you feel at home and provide excellent service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we take our commitment to our Suite Assurance Guarantee very seriously. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

614-428-8800

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!