“Nice 7-Day Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Greenville, North Carolina
“Nice 7-Day Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and clean - the smell of clean is everywhere. The lobby is very inviting, as is the area where they serve breakfast and dinner. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. The room was clean and had a full kitchen with all the utensils, a living room with tv and a separate bedroom with ensuite bath. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy (and there were plenty of them!). The tub, toilet and sink were slow to drain, but the hotel quickly came to make the fix. Extra towels were provided quickly as well. My son slept on the pullout sofa and said that it was uncomfortable (thin mattress), but he slept through the night. The hotel feels safe, and the parking areas are well lit and convenient. The lobby pantry has a good selection of drinks, snacks and basic toiletries. There is a McDonalds, Subway, Wendy's and Donatos Pizza nearby and 2 gas stations. There are also 2 full service hotels with restaurants within walking distance. The airport is 5 minutes away and the Easton Mall is about 10 minutes. Good stay - would come back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you book online, Hilton will allow you to check in and choose your own room 36 hours in advance o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Glenwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel to visit my son at Ohio State often throughout the year. I usually stay closer to the campus. I booked late this time and, I thought, was going to have to stay farther from campus. I found this hotel and couldn't believe it was 2 minutes from the airport, but only 5 miles from the campus. It was the perfect location. We arrived and were checked in quickly. It was homey and warm in the lobby and our room was comfortable and clean. My son stayed with us and said it was the best he'd slept in weeks. We had a clogged sink and called the front desk. I barely hung up the phone before a man knocked on my door to fix it.If there is more than one of you, you will need to ask for extra towels. Only two bath towels - these were used after an evening shower, so a bit damp in the am ! The complementary morning breakfast was awesome, eggs, bacon, bagels, juice, etc. The women serving the breakfast could not have been kinder, or more willing to get us anything additional we may need. I will stay here from now on when I visit Ohio State Univ. There was a shuttle to the airport, which we did not need since we had a rental car. I usually assume the hotels close to the airport are a bit sterile. This one was warm and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Morrice, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The building and room were very nice. We got a king bed suite. It was very spacious and had pretty much a full kitchen with a full size fridge and stove. Bed was comfortable and big. My only complaint would be that while we were eating breakfast one of the workers was hanging around and then put food in a cup and disappeared. It was just kind of wierd

• Stayed October 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel with a group and had several rooms blocked. The entire process in working with the sales team was the most disorganized and awful experiences I've had with Hilton - and our group stays in Hilton Hotels across the country. We arranged everything in advance and when our guests arrived, the hotel had no record of our details. Rooms had been prepaid by credit card and they tried to charge each of the guests as they arrived. When mentioned to the hotel later, they didn't offer anything to make our experience right and even refused to offer Hilton Honors points for the 15 rooms we paid for. I was told to contact Hilton Corporate because they don't know of any way to put points on a room after the fact and/or on a room block (which I do at every Hilton across the USA). There was a definite lack of structure, organization and concern on behalf of the hotel and I will never consider staying there again. The rooms were also old and outdated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced . We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. I want you to know that all of the inconveniences you experienced will be addressed with the proper departments and we hope that we can have the chance to have you as a guest in the future and will be able to exceed your expectations as we always try to do. Thank you again.
Bloomington, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel last week, in Rm 301. I would really prefer to give this hotel 3 1/2 stars -- it WASN'T "Very Good", but it WAS better than "Average". The location, for us, was terrific. We were only six minutes or so from the Ohio State Fairgrounds. The hotel is nice, and quite large, but had some strange inconveniences. First off, I had trouble entering the room -- and had to go downstairs to get help. The problem turned out to be that I was pushing DOWN on the door latch, instead of pulling it UP. I felt like an idiot, but really --- how many instances are there where you pull UP on the door latch to get into a room?? The dbl queen suite was very comfortable for my friend, my daughter and me. However, I had planned that one of us would sleep in the fold-out bed in the living room -- and that was simply not possible. The mattress of the fold out bed was quite flimsy, with lots of springs evident. It would be comfortable only for a young child. Cleanliness in general was excellent, although for some weird reason there were only 2 towels in the whole suite!! Definitely not enough for three women -- or anyone, I'd guess. Housekeeping promptly brought up 3 additional towels when I requested them. I couldn't find an ice bucket anywhere, so I ended up using a cooking pot for ice. And then....there was the whole journey trying to find an ice machine. I left my room, and basically toured the entire 3rd floor in hopes of finding an ice machine. Finally, I ended up on the main floor, and found one there. I never did find a vending machine, and purchased a few beverages from the front desk. As the airport was close by, it wasn't surprising that there was plane traffic. I didn't really expect to be as loud as it was, and starting at 6:30 a.m. There were multiple planes for about 1/2 an hour starting at that time, all of which sounded like they were going to land on the hotel's roof. Bring your earplugs if you're a light sleeper! We didn't use the fitness room or pool, although both looked nice. Breakfast was the usual; the complimentary options included hot items. The service staff down in the breakfast area were very attentive. I'd stay there again -- it would probably be more comfortable the second time around if I knew what hitches to expect!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Woodsfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wonderful staff, wonderful atmosphere. The free evening meal was a nice touch and helped me to settle in for the night without having to run out for dinner. Definitely will be staying again and will recommend to family, friends and co-workers!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Warren, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The two bedroom suite with a full kitchen was a wonderful space to stay with three teens in tow. The complimentary breakfast and weekday dinner offerings were quite nice with lots of variety. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our only complaint was the pool temperature was too cold and the hot tub jets weren't working properly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton