“Our home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go!
Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Piketon, Ohio
“Our home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions for her dance competitions. Everything is always clean, in perfect working order, and well-maintained. The hotel is very quiet for being so close to airport. We curl up with a video and enjoy the complimentary popcorn and hot tea! The kitchenette is wonderful for these weekend trips to hold snacks and drinks. Staff is always very helpful. My daughter left her coat in our room once and the desk staff not only found it, but held it for us until our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Since it only takes 15 minutes or less to get to downtown Columbus from the airport, I usually stay at the airport. There are a number of good hotels near the airport, but I prefer the Homewood Suites. It's a relatively new property and the rooms are large and well-kept. The staff is always pleasant. Breakfast is good, as is the "dinner" at the manager's reception. Selection at both breakfast and dinner is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Amazing and so so wonderful.U will not ever want to leave this place.Rooms are spacious and beautiful. GO GO GO And stay here u will not be going wrong at all.You will enjoy 100.So so sweet.Restaurant's are near by and in walking distance.Lovely.

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I became a huge fan of the Homewood Suites chain when my husband and I stayed in Del Mar, California for almost week to celebrate our 10th anniversary several years ago. Since then everytime we travel we stay in a Homewood Suite. We have come to know what to expect and appreciate from staying in these hotels.

Homewood Suites are great because the rooms have a full kitchen and living room area seperate from the bathroom and bedroom. (I'm a night owl and my husband isn't so being able to stay up a little later in another room is great) If you stay during the week the welcome home dinners are perfect so you don't have to spend money and find something to eat somewhere else. Every morning there is a hot breakfast with all the staples. Free wifi or wired connection.

We have stayed nurmerous times in a Homewood Suite in Hillard, Columbus but this trip we wanted to be more centerally located. It's perfect for that. You are approx 10 min from anything you want. Polaris, Easton, Downtown, and the airport is right there. I enjoyed the usual things about this hotel. But there were the small things that were an irritant. When checking in the front desk couldn't tell us where best to park and where our room was exactally and we ended up walking in circles for a few with all of our stuff. The room was nice but shows some wear and there were a few dishes put away dirty. A bit older light fixtures and furniture. Nice, but not the usual you expect from the chain. Usually there is a popcorn package,hot choc mix, tea and coffee in the room to make if we want, but this was not the case. We went shopping and came back around 10pm and in every other Homewood Suites we have stayed at there has been coffee, hot water for tea and fresh baked cookies in the lobby available for guests at any given time specifically in the evening. This is not the case at this one. I asked if there was coffee or hot chocolate... Nope. Popcorn to pop while watching a movie in my room with my husband... Nope. Did they really make an effort to look... Nope. Also keep I'm mind you are staying next to the airport so expect to hear airplanes flying over during the day and into early evening a few times every hour.

Is it a nice hotel... Yes. It is in a good location and it is nice. Does it meet the usual Homewood Suite standard I'm used to? No. Will I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed January 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very large and well appointed rooms that are very clean and fresh looking. Very much like Marriott's Residence Inn, but attention to detail is better and makes the positive difference. Excellent staff that seem genuinely interested in me and my stay. breakfast was always good with a variety of great choices. Staff catered to lodgers every need!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is great when I can enjoy one of my friends rocking away since the 60's. But at our age we enjoy some fine things in life. So I use my HiltonHHonors (25K a night) for a suite with king bed that is utterly comfortable to sleep 8-10 hours after a great meal & drinks Monday- Thursday. Everyone is very happy with free food & booze. Hot breakast in the morning gets you up & going for a trip to the next city. We met folks who live there after their home was flooded and it will take a month to clean it out, recarpet it & clean furniture or replace many pieces. Guess insurance companies have a deal with them. But there is kichen with large fridge, stove, dishwasher so you can grocery shop & cook all meals on days without breakfast, lunch & dinner. A sleeper couch is great for rhoadies to sleep there and each star gets his own bedroom. I charge the travel bus, van, whatever we need & those points go for a nice Homewood Suites, my favorite hilton with Embassy in 2nd place.

Room Tip: I have my GOLD status at top floor, which has ceiling to floor windows around bed with see through d...