“Everything perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris

You added Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7500 Vantage Drive, Columbus, OH 43235-8401 (Formerly Days Inn & Suites Worthington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #72 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Everything perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was just a wonderful stay - I can't think of anything these folks missed! Rooms had a microwave and a larger fridge (great for road travelers, and for take out box people like me). Also, a nice touch was the in room safe that was easy to operate. Free wiFi with no code to enter. Clean towels, sheets and bathroom. A quiet and well functioning a/c (and a quiet place overall). And to top it off, a full continental breakfast (not just the dry cereal and OJ, but hot steaming eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffle makers - the works!). Many thanks to the friendly and effiecient staff, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Vice President at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am glad your stay was great. It is important for us to make sure we provide the best possible customer service. There are times that we may fall short, but I can assure you our staff truly cares about our guests and really wants to make that special impression. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We've grown to rely on this Days Inn when visiting close relatives in Worthington. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, convenient location, and it's close to a corporate park where we like to walk the dog.

So we can recommend it, but with some comments:

1. The previous reviewer is right. Some rooms are very small. (Others aren't.)
2. Desk staff aren't the friendliest people in the Midwest.
3. This time I noticed mildew around the bottom of the molded shower inset.

As my mother would say, this motel is "perfectly all right." We'll keep staying here. If it wasn't so familiar I'd probably be less critical.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow! Was this S-M-A-L-L! My husband and I practically had to stand sideways to walk by one another. The room was surface clean - that is, clean if you didn't look to closely. Beds fairly uncomfortabe and the A/C blasted you out of the room it was so loud and difficult to regulate. Wore my shoes on the carpet. We have had problems with all 3 of the Days Inn properties we stayed at during this trip. No more! Not worth the amount of money you MAY save.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This Days Inn is less then 15 minutes form Ohio State University and we are from Pittsburgh. This is our second time staying here and we loved how clean, comfortable and quiet our room was both times. The free breakfast bar is good and the staff is wonderful. We will definitely be staying here again and again when we visit our son at OSU.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Over priced. The person above me sounded like they were dropping furniture and bowling balls. I called the front desk and nothing was done till he had time to go to the room to check it out. By the time he did this it had stopped at 11pm. My son ended up with migraines sick all night because of the noise. THEN the fire alarm went off along with doors being slammed. I tried to get my bill reduced from 95.00, the manager took off 15.00 after alot of negotiating. That is unacceptable and this hotel is also. I will never go to a Days Inn again because of it.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere avoid the Red Roof that is in front of this hotel also- its very busy with prostitutes...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hudsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Arrived to find room had not been cleaned from previous persons stay. Room was full of garbage, bed had sheets torn off of it and room smelled. Informed the staff about the issue both staff seemed frazzled. After checking for several minutes the staff informed us that they would have to put us in another room w/ a queen bed (we had booked a king). They also informed us that they were booked and only had a few empty rooms left and they were actually giving us someone else's room. The room we ended up with was a bit better. For one it was actually clean. Noise was another issue, it sounded like the people in the room next to ours were right next to us. Finally the bathroom looked like it was falling apart. The shower bar was falling down and the tub had a replacement grab bar that looked like a towel bar. Overall staff was average and facility was poor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Deb I, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know of your experience. After reviewing the details of your stay we found that the original room you were assigned was already occupied by another guest who extended their stay. Unfortunately this left us with no other King rooms to offer you on a night that we were totally occupied. . I am glad that you found the assigned room clean and acceptable, except for the towel bar. It is a temporary replacement while the original part is on order.

We want you to know how appreciative we are of all comments that are made and that we strive to offer excellent customer service to our guests. There are times when we fall short but hopefully as you can see by our reviews it doesn't happen too often.

We would like an opportunity to have you visit us again and I am sure you will have an excellent stay.

Deborah Iacoboni
Vice President, InnVite Hospitality
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We got a really good rate for our two night stay at this Days Inn. I was delighted to find it a clean and comfortable stay. Beds were comfy with a ton of pillows. Comforter was a little icky looking but I always strip those off immediately anyway. Loved having a fridge and microwave. This hotel shows a little wear but seems clean and well-maintained. We stayed on the second floor (which means climbing stairs, no elevator). We had a noisy neighbor one night. The breakfast buffet was above average. One annoyance - I asked for a late checkout, they told me I could check out at noon (on Saturday). But the cleaning staff knocked on my door FOUR TIMES in the last hour, even though I told them all four times I was checking out at noon. Then I went to load the car and found that my key had been deactivated, so I was locked out of the building, in the rain. Sigh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris? Share your experiences!