“Hockey Tournament” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Ottawa, Canada
“Hockey Tournament”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had 4 rooms last weekend for a hockey tournament. All 4 rooms were clean, spacious and exactly what I expected. We had friends staying next door at another comparably priced hotel and were much happier with the Red Roof. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I WILL stay here again next year.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms (2 different floors and facing both directions) had no complaints
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you guys had a good stay and we all look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ohio City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Inexpensive and clean but that is all. Bed was uncomfortable, though that is subjective. No coffee maker in room unless you pay extra and NO hairdryer. When we left for the day we saw 2 housekeepers outside smoking and one asked me if I needed anything. I said fresh towels. When we came back that evening the room was not cleaned, dirty towels on the floor, but we had a stack of clean towels on the chair. Didn't know I had to specifically say "Fresh towels AND clean the room."

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review. I'm very sorry you were not happy with your stay. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss if you'd like. We would very much like an opportunity to make it right.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was not satisfied with the stay here. If you're looking for cheap you will get it. Rooms have no refrigerator and you will have the opportunity to watch your grandmother's television. Hair on the bathroom wall and stains on the sheets. The parking lot was also slightly unsafe and is right next to a neighborhood pub.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review. Since this is your first and only review on Tripadvisor I can only imagine we really upset you in some way. Please contact me regarding your stay and I will gladly refund you. I do not expect you to pay for a room you weren't happy with. Take care.
Batavia, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is definitely showing its age. This last stay was less then desirable.

High Street right outside the hotel is being widened and the interchange with High Street and I-270 is being redone so getting in and out of the area is migraine inducing.

I got a non-smoking room double beds this time and still the blankets used had cigarette smells and burns on them. The beds were heavily pitted in one spot, signs that they were very very old (and uncomfortable).

Overnight several times on the three nights I stayed there a very loud creaking/groaning/moaning noise came from the water pipes either from the next door, or above. I called the front desk about it twice on two separate nights and the front desk staff seemed less than concerned that at 1-2am the pipes were making a noise which prevented any sleep and woke me out of a heavy sleep (making it seem like I was the only one that heard these pipes and that I was making a mountain out of a molehill). Mentioning it to the front desk when I checked out and they simply stated "we'll get someone to check it out".

The wi-fi was fast though this visit, and stable. If I need a budget hotel, I'll stay here but it REALLY needs the upgrades that are coming to the other RRI hotels in the area, and fast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Newton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had a business meeting at a nearby hotel - although its company $$ involved - I spend as if it were my own. Decided to stay at Red Roof Worthington due to overall good reviews of others. Those reviews held true to being a nice place to stay for the money. Paid $61/night including taxes for very large business room. vs. $150 night with taxes at nearby hotel. For needing a place to sleep and do work you don't need anything better. Not like your on a vacation with family. No breakfast, but for $$ spent don't expect. Go nearby to the Bob Evans for a reasonable breakfast. BTW, the $150 hotel didn't have breakfast either...that was about $15 -$20 person extra in their restaurant. Room does have a refrigerator and microwave if you have left overs to heat up or bring in some groceries. Found it to be clean and well maintained for an older building. Plenty of things to do and go out to eat nearby. Cody at the front desk will help you in any way he can to make sure your stay is enjoyable. I'd stay here again if traveling through. Some places Its good enough for me but not my family. Here, I would not be afraid to bring my family.

Room Tip: There is a busy street nearby. Ask for a room away from.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you recognize our value. I'll be especially sure to share your comments with Cody. He's been on the team for years and it never gets old hearing about someone going above and beyond. See you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This Red Roof Inn is located in a complex of good restaurants and a super deluxe movie theater with almost 20 screens just off Route 23 near the beltway. The rate was very reasonable. I was offered a handicap accessible room without asking for it (probably due to my perceived age). The room seemed clear and adequate. Parking was just outside the door. Very convenient and reasonably priced. Noise was not noticeable. Staff were courteous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review! We're glad you had a great stay and we'll see you next time!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've stayed here for a week now everything has been great the front desk staff (justin and Danielle) are great very personable and always say hi and ask how I'm doing they are assets to this place. Maria at the front desk on the other hand is extremely rude and rolled her eyes while I was talking to her. All because the coke machine ate my money I just informed her that it took my money and she said well there use at your own risk and I said I'm not asking for my money back but maybe u should put a sign up Out of order on it she said no bc there all use at your own risk. While she was arguing with me she did her little head twitch with attitude the whole time. I've never ever been treated or talked to like she did. Also I saw her sleeping on the job while people were just knocking on the front (locked) door to get in to rent a room which they couldn't bc she was sleeping. So she lost money for this place. She obviously doesn't like people or know how to treat them bc when I complained to the day clerk I told them what happened and they didn't look shocked at all I didn't even mention her name and they instantly knew I was talking about her. So all said and done she needs fired and the other front desk clerks Justin and Danielle are great and they are why I still remain here bc I did almost leave bc of here. I had a problem with my mini fridge and I think the maintenance guy was named dragamere came and fixed it he was so funny and great to talk to we instantly got along bc were both german. So def stay here but watch out for the front desk girl maria she's pretty much a miserable person.... thanks

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thanks for the review! I'm very sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. I appreciate you contacting me directly so we could speak about it. Take care.