“Not to bad a place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not to bad a place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a concert. The price was very good and the room was decent. As stated in other reviews it is not updated but still ok. The woman at the front desk at check in was great and quick. I guess my only real complaint is the halls are dimly lit and I have to admit was a little weird. My other complaint it's that the room didn't have a coffee maker in it. ... not good. Would I stay here again or suggest this place? Yes, I probably would.

• Stayed November 2013
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thanks for the review! We do have rooms featuring coffee makers called Superior Kings. The upgrade does come at a small increase in cost, but the rooms have a microfridge and microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and your very own coffee maker. They also feature a larger desk/work space. If the coffee maker is a necessity for you be sure you mention it upon reservation or even checkin and we'll be sure you get the correct room. If you ask for me and reference this review I'll split the cost of the upgrade with you. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
East Palestine, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was in town for a dog show with a Doberman and chose this hotel because they are very pet friendly. This was my first hotel stay with a dog and was a little nervous that there would be a hassle at check in. When I mentioned to the young lady at the front desk that I had a dog, she smiled and laughed and said that 80% of the night's guests had dogs. Check in was very quick and easy. The room was outdated but sufficiently clean. Beds were very comfortable considering they're nothing fancy.

Overall this property is a very good value for the money. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review! We LOVE pets here. We're all very glad you see the value and can't wait to see you (and the dogs) on your next trip.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is one of RR's average hotels and not as updated as some but it is clean and comfy. I have stayed here a couple of times in my business travels to the area. I experienced a problem during my first stay but the manager took ownership of the issue and more than made it right. This hotel is right off the freeway and a quick shot downtown. I chose another Columbus RR the last time I was in Columbus and my experience was not as good as Worthington. The only caveat is this hotel seems to attract noisy travelers (loud talking and vehicles) and there is a busy restaurant next door, but I will stay again.

Room Tip: first floor rooms are outside entry and a little noisier than upstairs interior entry
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the review! We're all glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time !
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here because of its convenient location and price. Check in was easy and my room was satisfactory. The beds and room were clean and efficient. The bathroom was also very clean. It's not brand new, so the bathroom had little marks, but I was impressed overall with how clean everything was. There was one little hair on a towel, but honestly, I'm not that picky. I had a value room, so I didn't have a fridge or microwave, but for what I was traveling for, I didn't need one.

The night staff was very helpful, as well.

The location is also almost perfect, if you are visiting the Columbus area. There are several restaurants within walking distance (I walked to one adjacent to the hotel that night) and it's easy to find.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for the review! We're all glad you had a good stay and enjoy our location and proximity to some GREAT restaurants. See you next time!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a very great experience, the rooms were clean and all the staff were professional and friendly. The girl at the front desk was very helpful she went out of her way to find us a room even though it was a sold out saturday night and I had forgot to make reservations. I will be staying at this hotel again next time I am in Columbus.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review! I've shared your comments with the team and we're all very happy you had a good night. See you next time!
Grayslake, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Worthington was a VERY good value for the money. For $42/night we experienced a very clean room with a comfortable full-sized bed. The linens and bedding were very acceptable. The water pressure was good, towels were fine, and we could have gone to the front desk for more if we had needed them. The side chair was very comfortable, internet was speedy, and it was included in the price. The complementary coffee was good. Parking was ample. We'd return without hesitation if we head back to Columbus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review! We're glad you had a great stay and we all look forward to your next visit. See you soon!
Warren, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is older and didn't start out as a Red Roof Inn. I only say this to advise that the design isn't the typical Red Roof. The first floor rooms do provide 'motor lodge' type access, the other floors are accessed from the interior of the hotel. Minimal amenities are offered. No breakfast, although coffee is available in the lobby and apparently they no longer offer a newspaper. The location is convenient and our room was clean and the beds provided adequate comfort. The price offered was fair, but Columbus adds on a LOT of additional taxes. You might be better off staying in Delware or Marion if heading north. All in all, this location provided what we needed, a clean place to stay for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thanks for the review! We're glad you recognize our value as a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay right off the highway. While I can't do much about taxes, I can guarantee our value. See you next time.

Been to Worthington Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!