“Great Stay, Great People, Great Rooms A+” 5 of 5 stars

Worthington Red Roof Inn
7480 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43235-1446   |
Ranked #73 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Kettering, Ohio
“Great Stay, Great People, Great Rooms A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice Staff, Wounderful Area, Conveniant Location, Clean Rooms And I feel Safe Having My 2 Year Old Son Here !!! IF THEYRES AN ISSUE THEY WILL FIX IT !!! When Im In Columbus 9/10 Says This Is My Location. Thanks Guys..... Hows About A Free Night

Room Tip: The Business King Is The Best Value For Me.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks for the review! Glad you had a good stay and we all hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pro's: Nice area, close to hwy but far enough away, close to restaurants, fair price for a Saturday night, good sized room/bathroom (had business king)

CON'S: no idea how they got a 4 star ranking, reception dated, hallways dark with worn out carpet, bathroom door frame had a "booger" on it, toilet seat loose, electrical outlet loose, no hair dryer, fridge standing on 3 legs, noisy air conditioning,peel away the bed spread and found hairs on the sheets ( so were they fresh sheets or?) there's a bar next door so expect partying guests back at closing time Fridays and Saturdays, had to pay cash for the night because the "system" was down?? This location is in need of repair and updating, definitely a get what you paid for room.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for the review. I'm very sorry you didn't have a good stay. I would very much like to give you another opportunity to try us out, free of charge. Please contact me at the hotel if you would be interested in giving us another shot.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 20 min away from osu campus. Nice area, room was clean, hotel staff was cool. A half hour after we got in our room though some of the room cleaners were fighting outside and yelling profanity into a cell phone. Something to do with jail or meth. Room cleaner lady looked like she was on meth.

• Stayed June 2013
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thanks for the review! I apologize for any disturbance you may have experienced during your stay. I'm glad to hear it was satisfactory otherwise. We hope to see you on your next trip through Columbus.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for the weekend while watching the Memorial Golf Tournament. Just looking for a place to sleep and shower as I wasn't in the room very much. Met some friends and went to the golf tournament for 3 days. I wasn't expecting a lot but was I pleasantly surprised! Nice large room with more than I expected, very clean and well equipped. I upgraded to room with fridge and microwave for the convenience. All for less than $60 per night. Great value I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for the review! I hope your time at the tournament was enjoyable as well. I've shared this with the rest of the team and we're all looking forward to seeing you next time around.
Mount Vernon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My GF and I spent the weekend this past weekend. We chose this hotel for the good reviews and the price. Honestly, for $52 per night for a king-sized business room, we weren't expecting too much, and would have been happy with just a clean room. We were pleasantly surprised.

Not only was the room clean, it looked like it had recently been refurbished. There were no burn spots or faded spots on the carpet, and it looked like it was new within the last year or 2. We had a smoking room, but the room did not even smell like smoke - it had been well cleaned and disinfected. My GF doesn't smoke, and I smoked outside in the parking lot most of the time in order to keep the room smelling good both for my GF and the next customer that rents it.

The bed was indeed a full king-sized, and quite comfortable. The sheets were clean. There was 1 burn hole in the blanket, but it was otherwise clean and not thread-bare, and I can understand why they still used it. The burn hole did not bother us in the least. I can't address the pillows because we always bring our own pillows to hotels, but we both slept very well in the bed.

The room was spacious, and the 'business room' desk was quite a handy amenity, as were the mini-frig and microwave. The frig did not have an adjustable thermostat, but was set cold enough to keep our sodas cold - just not ice-cold. The room was well-lit, with reading lights above the bed on each side and a lamp on the business desk, as well as the overhead lights. The curtains were thick, not dingy, and large enough to completely cover the window. The AC was a digitally-controlled AC/heating unit with adjustable thermostat. It worked quite well and was not unduly noisy.

The sink had a sizable countertop around it and was located outside the bathroom, which we liked. There were ample plugs for all my GF's hair dryer, steam-curl thingy, and her other crap :). The wifi was pretty decent as well. The water-pressure in the sink was quite poor, which is really the worst part of the whole room. However, the shower had excellent water pressure and felt really good, which mostly made up for the poor water-pressure in the sink.

The staff was friendly enough I guess - nothing special. We really didn't interact with them that much. I did go get extra towels on our second day, and they accomodated me. I also called down to the desk and told them we didn't want housekeeping that day and were never bothered by housekeeping. At some hotels, they seem to simply ignore such requests. Another review mentioned that there was no Do Not Disturb sign for the doorknob - our room didn't have one either, but since I just called the desk it wasn't an issue.

Another review mentioned the noisy traffic. We were on the ground floor, first room from the lobby (room 114 IIRC) and heard no traffic at all from High Street. Even while out in the parking lot smoking, I wasn't bothered at all by traffic noise. I could see the traffic whizzing by on the freeway on our side of the hotel, but it was far enough not to be too noisy. I could have held a conversation in a whisper in the parking lot.

The location is excellent. If you like small, reasonably-priced, not up-scale pubs - the kind with a long wooden bar, a couple of pool tables, a smoking room, and a nice patio, with a friendly clientele, there is a great little pub within walking distance. Didn't even have to cross a street to get to it - it's literally connected to the parking lot. One of the nicer Bob Evans in Columbus is also less than a block away, as was a pretty good Mexican restarant called El Acapulco (not a chain but a family-operated place with authentic, reasonably-priced Mexican food). Even though the hotel itself had no restarant, there are plenty of good places to eat that are literally right outside the parking lot.

We enjoyed the hotel, the pub, and the surrounding eateries immensely and had a very pleasant stay. Even though it wasn't perfect (poor water pressure in the sink was the only real liability), it left a good enough impression that I can't really rate it below 95%, which is closer to a 5 'circle' rating than a 4. We will consider ourselves lucky if the next hotel we stay at is as good a value for the money or has so many excellent establishments so near-by.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 114, ground floor by the lobby. No complaints.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear you had a good stay. See you next time!
Batavia, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not much has changed sadly, since my last visit. Still noisy from High Street, Still same hotel. I was told by pamphlets in other hotels that this hotel had been fitted with flat screen TV's but upon arrival, no flat screens. A bit of a disappointment.

Other guests here were very noisy this past weekend, noisy as in 6am noisy, not 11pm noisy.

Clean hotel, good price, pretty good location. Still my 1st choice for decent budget hotel in Columbus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the review! I apologize for the noise. While there isn't much I can do about the traffic noise, I am sorry our other guests disturbed you. We had a rather large wedding party over this particular weekend so perhaps it was a little noisier than usual. I sincerely apologize. We hope to see you next time you're in town!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is very nice.The staff is very friendly and helpful.Ice machine is easily accessible and they have a drink machine.Coffee on demand.It is also very close to the interstate and easy access to many places in Columbus.I would highly recommend staying at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review! We're very happy you had a great stay and recognize our value. See you on your next trip!

Been to Worthington Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!