“Pretty good...except” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Batavia, Illinois, United States
“Pretty good...except”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I tried this hotel again after my last experience and I have to say unfortunately not much has changed...

There's no 'do not disturb' signs in the rooms, you have to ask the front desk....I had to tell the cleaning staff to go away every 15-20 minutes at least, which was rather annoying.

Still crappy TV's...only 20 channels, no hookups for anything...

The wifi was pretty bad. I hooked both my Playstation 3 and my laptop up to it and had major problems.

The sleeping at night was alright...quiet and cheap. No bed bugs, hotel staff in general is very responsive and helpful.

Other than that, it was good.

Suggestion to hotel: Keep 'do not disturb' signs in all the rooms! I forgot about this and had to pay the price with very disturbing knocks on my door every half an hour at least.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks for the review. We actually do keep "Do Not Disturb" cards in each room. It sounds like perhaps we forgot to place one on the inside of your door before check in. I sincerely apologize for this. We always have a large stash of them at the front desk that are available upon request as well. I will also look into your wifi issues. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Fine place to stay when traveling. Good location, great price. Friendly service. Will stop there on return trip. Thank you Trip Advisor users! Dddddrrrrrddrdrrrrdrrrquyhghgmfnffjfjfjfjfjfjfnvkgofkwsnfjcfndkdkdkdfn

• Stayed November 2012
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for the good review! It's not too often a guest is so impressed with us that they mash their keyboard out of pure joy. It's our pleasure. See you soon!
Worthington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The rates were outstanding - you can pay $20-$30 more/night to have continental breakfast at other area hotels but I can eat a lot better than a continental breakfast for that kind of money. The management and stsff were friendly, polite, efficient and accommodating. The room was neat and clean. The coffee wss always hot and fresh. Pet friendly was an additional plus.

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks again for another great review! Glad to hear we're keeping with the high expectations we set on your last visit. Looking forward to many more to come!
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wonderful services. Staff is very helpful and very nice. Every time I come to Columbus , I stay at this Red Roof Inn. Very close to everything in Columbus. I love the Columbus Zoo and this Inn is very close. Used to stay at the Motel 6 next door, but there services and rooms are awful.Red Roof is very clean, well kept up. This Red Roof Inn is worth a stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are very quiet. Very safe.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thanks for the review! I'll be sure to share your comments with my team. Sounds like we'll definitely see you again soon.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time i come to town. Rooms and property clean. Great customer service. Much better value than the Motel 6 next door. Highly recommend for an inexpensive hotel in this area. The Ruckmoor next door is a great neighborhood bar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the review! We love to hear from guests who stay with us regularly. Can't wait to see you on your next trip!
Otter Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice Red roof Inn great location lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Very economical & very clean, we were very happy. Plenty of room. TVs great! Bathroom was a little dated. Lots of places to eat in walking distance.

Room Tip: If more expensive is your choice. They are close by.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to town.
grandmahenry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at a Red Roof Inn while in Rochester, Minnesota and were quite pleased, this was a big let-down. It was grubby. It looked nice from the outside but the rooms were dingy and the bedding and towels really cheap. Considering these were remodeled rooms we wondered in what era the remodeling was done? My husband thought the 60's. It was clean. It was close to restaurants. The front desk staff were helpful but otherwise it was not great. There was tea in the room as well as coffee and the bed was very comfy. Tv was OLD but the picture was okay. There was no breakfast whatsoever, just tea and coffee not even a donut. The non-smoking floor smelled smoky. Don't bother would be my recommendation.

• Stayed October 2012
Brandonlarson, General Manager at Worthington Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks for the review. I'm sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable and safe room at a great price so I can promise you we will take your feedback to heart. I hope you'll give us another try on your next visit to town.

Been to Worthington Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!