“Not recommended if you like quiet or need sleep.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #78 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Waterloo, Ontario
“Not recommended if you like quiet or need sleep.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived late after 13 hours of driving, looking forward to a nice room and a good sleep. However, this hotel is built directly behind a set of train tracks which, on this night, ran through about once per hour and shook the building. I commend the staff for attempting to move us - there were no suitable rooms on the property so they moved us to the adjacent Towne Place property (which I will review separately) within 2 hours of arrival, but it was no better. Bottom line - I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet place to sleep.

Room Tip: Book in a completely different area of Columbus, away from train tracks. The whole building shakes...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the lowest rates in the area, this suite is fabulous. Queen bed with a pull out sofa sleeper next to an electric/gas in room fireplace is perfect for the 4 of us. In addition, a full sized fridge, stovetop, microwave and sink add to the value. We were welcomed right away and walked past a large Bon fire on the patio as we made our way to the elevator. Our room
Was at the back of the hotel where we cod hear the trains going by, but we loved the rumble! If it's not for you, be sure to get on the other side.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Standard Residence Inn, everything you would expect from Marriott. Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast. One small problem, this property sits right on train tracks. Literally trains go by all night and that are loud and shake the rooms. I was not bothered cause I grew up by tracks but man it would be very annoying to someone else.

All updated except the mattresses, I love the hotels that have updated the pull out couch mattresses...so nice!

Room Tip: as far away from Railroad tracks as possible
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location was perfect for my business trip and the hotel staff was pleasant. Overall I was happy with the room, it was very clean but it's starting to feel a little worn. There is a nearby train that goes by and my room was adjacent to it but it didn't bother me.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A little hard to find but I had a nice stay here. Warmly greeted. Received a nice upgrade. A few funky odors in the corridors. Nice room with nice features. Slept like a log. I never heard a train but my room faced the other direction. Good buffet breakfast with the nicest server. Many wonderful restaurants and watering holes nearby. I'd stay here again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Chardon, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

The building creaks - the people above our room didn't settle down until 2am & we heard every movement. The train shook the room. It's an old hotel, carpet is worn, tub had rust, & we were charged 159.00 a night for this!

• Stayed March 2015
Patrick W, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 8, 2015
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and please accept our apologies. We'd like an opportunity to discuss your stay further and make amends where we can. We want to make things right. Please contact me directly and again, accept our sincere apologies.

Patrick Worley
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, and the level of service, location, and friendly staff are the reasons I will continue to return. I must warn you however, that the hotel is situated near active railroad tracks. The hotel provides the earplugs and I recommend using them :)

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!