“They treated as if we were rich!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“They treated as if we were rich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location is wonderful. You have sooo many eating places to walk to from the hotel. (or a short drive) We actually had to stay a month at this location. The place we were renting from caught on fire. (not our lower level apartment - the floor above) But, we had a lot of smoke damage and there was too much damage to the house to stay there. Our insurance company (renters) set us up at this location because we had cats. When we arrived - they treated my husband with respect and kept calling him Mr. Socolov. He really liked that. They also had almost every night - free appetizers in the front lobby area. They kept inviting us for that - and we kept going. I had packages delivered and they had no problem with our mail and packages being delivered there. They treated us so nicely. Plus - it was a nice time of the year where we could use the pool - that was really nice. It was like being on a month long vacation! I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would like to congratulate the staff here, they make up for the properties shortcomings. Do not despair, however. Their remodel is due to start soon. The TVs are already upgraded. I look forward to the new floorplan / furniture package. It will be a welcomed refresher to this otherwise outstanding location. I had the opportunity to interact with some of the staff. Primarily my housekeeper (can't remember her name but she is from Mexico and has been working here for 6+ years) and Candace at the front desk. They have both gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable, which if you read my other reviews is not easily accomplished. Candace welcomed me to the property, provided dinner recommendations for dining and delivery, was attentive to all my requests and follow them so well. My faxes were delivered faster than anywhere I ever stayed at. My packages delivered in a timely manner and a voicemail to follow up was always present. My housekeepers were equally impressive. They even asked at what time I preferred my room being serviced. They do a super job of cleaning the mess I leave behind in the kitchen everyday, and they do it all with a smile on their face. Some of them are working extended hours to assist management. The Internet was fast the first day, then it slowed down considerably. The proximity to the shops is soooo convenient. What a great experience so far. I'll be here for another two weeks, I am so happy I picked this place. The fact they are ranked higher than the downtown Marriott tells you a lot.

Room Tip: I have a corner room in the first floor, seems to be the best for accessibility and convenience.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnEastonGM, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Mr. Soto,

Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff work very hard and they love hearing about the comments on Trip Advisor. I make a point of reading customer comments to my team at our daily huddles. We are very excited about our upcoming renovation as well.

Please enjoy the rest of your stay and as always let us know if you need anything.

Tonya Thomas
UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I usually stay in the Hilton which has all the amenities of a 5 star hotel but is also quite stuffy ! The residence inn studios are equipped with a a kitchen , desk and table , they are not the most modern rooms but are due to have a renovation . If your staying for more than a few nights I would highly recommend as this Its an excellent location for shopping and entertainment . The studio is equipped so you have the conveniences you may require at home .. Moreover the staff go out of there way to help assist and accommodate .

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location at the Easton Mall. Literally steps away from a Trader Joe's grocery if you want to stock the 'fridge. Tons of options for shopping and eating out at the mall - which is right across the street. About 10 minutes from the Airport - with free shuttle service (last run around 10:45pm). Hotel has been updated with the newer Residence Inn decor, but has not yet updated to the granite counter tops and stainless appliances. Almost forgot - some of the best maid service we've ever had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clevleand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night to enjoy a little shopping getaway. The hotel is situated perfectly so that you can just park in the hotel parking lot & stroll over to all the shops.
The staff was very nice & always appeared to have smiles on their faces.
Our room was very spacious & even had a small fireplace, which was comforting during the chilly evening. I always have enjoyed staying at Residence Inns because I felt like you get a small studio apartment for the price of a hotel room. Breakfast the next morning was appealing & filling. Used the workout room treadmill & had no complaints.

The only negative issue that we had was regarding our bed. There was a substantial dip in the middle of it & we kept sliding. Did not get a decent night of sleep. Not sure if the bed issue was just our room or if all of the rooms need bed upgrades.
Besides the bed, though, we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room. It was nice & quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Perfect hotel! Clean, well maintained, comfortable and all amenities. Plus within walking distance of all amenities. Staff is excellent and appear happy with their employment. Guests are #1. This is the best hotel I have stayed at this year.

Room Tip: I would chose the suite..Two rooms versus one, but both seemed okay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here during the blistering heat with power outage PLUS transport strike in Central Ohio in July. Given that it was probably almost impossible to get people in to clean the hotel and service rooms AND that the hotel was packed to the gills, we had a terrific stay. We would have preferred to be home but home was 100 degrees and without electricity. So, we went to a movie, shopping at the bookstore, and enjoyed a delicious meal at NorthStar. The staff, surely overworked and hot, was always helplful with a smile. Hotel was quiet-ish, although there's a volleyball convention in town and ahem, a roomful of teenage girls at night are not perhaps the most sedate group for sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Columbus Easton? Share your experiences!