“BEWARE: Additional Fees” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #76 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“BEWARE: Additional Fees”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I booked through hotwire and rate was forty-two plus tax for one queen bed. We require two beds and were charged an additional fifteen dollars, plus tax, for 2 double beds---increasing our original cost by 1/3. Also, there is a FEE for internet. Each room has a kitchenette, so breakfast is limited to coffee, doughnuts, and a bit of fresh fruit. Room was recently renovated, but towels and bed coverings are very frayed and thin. Bar soap is provided, but shampoo, lotion, etc, must be requested from front desk. Located across the street from Polaris shopping Mall and short distance from Interstate 71. This property was not a good value.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Providence Forge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Great stay at this hotel, the service was great, the housekeepers were wonderful. We had to stay for almost a month--it was home away from home. Had my 18 month old son and the room worked great

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed for a week to attend training. The location was excellent! The motel was newer and nicer and clean and the location could not have been more convenient. All within walking distance, a huge mall and a Target and a Ralphs! And mere bocks from a major highway. Hard to imagine stayinging in Columbus proper would have been more convenient as the travel time was around 15 minutes the location near the college. And a clean gym within walking distance with a low weekly rate.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Hotel is nice enough in aesthetics and certainly in location. However, the room was not the cleanest and the bathroom verged on grotesque with the overlooked crud in the corners, and hair that clearly belonged to a barbarian of a man, apparently with a highly progressed hair loss ailment. I paid 38 dollars for the room through hotwire, so taking price into consideration, its descent. I WOULD NOT stay here at 70 or 80 or even 90 dollars a night. If you are looking for the best deal on polaris parkway, stay at Cambria Suites. Impeccable, reasonable, and nearly brand new.

we'll see if breakfast bagels redeems the extended stay in the morning!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your suite. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards, and that we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with our hotel manager and staff in order to investigate your case in more detail.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Following a good experience during the summer while dropping our daughter off to college, we stayed here again on parent's weekend. This hotel is easily in the three star category (without the free shampoo in the room), but with a lot more space than you get even in the three and a half or four star category. We found it be quiet in the room, non-hectic lobby and large common rooms.

Staying here saved us enough money over other places, that we treated ourselves to a very nice steak dinner at Mitchell's just across the road (excellent wine list and exceptional steaks. not cheap, but well worth it.) Other good eats very close by and very easy to get anywhere due to the location on Polaris Pkwy. Why pay more?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I obtained my room through Hotwire. I only paid $38.00 per night, and honestly, for the money the room was more than I expected, in terms of size and the extras. There's a mini kitchen, a small living room set up and a seperate bathroom, dvd player..you get the idea.

I arrived mid afternoon with my two kids, we were all exhausted and decided to rest awhile. Not long after I checked in, I received a call from the woman at the front desk and she asked if we were happy with the room. My response was that things were fine and they were, at that time.

A while later I got up to use the restroom and shower and discovered that there were dirty towels and the toilet was stopped up, nearly over flowing. I called the front desk back immediately and this time Ryan answered. When I explained that I needed assistance with the toilet, Ryan coldly suggested that I stop by the front desk and pick up the plunger. Huh? Really, Ryan? I was a tad thrown off by the suggestion that I not only come and pick up the plunger, but I plunge my own toilet. I went on to ask Ryan if a maintenance person was available and Ryan stated there was no maintenance person, and then reminded me again about being able to stop by to pick up the plunger.

Well folks, long story short, Ryan and I go back and forth about the toilet situation for several minutes, then I lay the dirty towel situation on him. Ryan reminded me that when I was called earlier by the front desk staff, everything was fine, and that the room had been triple checked before my arrival. He finally offered another room, but only after a tiring exchange.

Overall, the room had a lot of bang for the buck. However, I have to wonder if it was worth sacrificing the level of customer service that I am used to when staying in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Shelby, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

In Ohio for the Quarter Horse Congress and wanted to stay far enough from the expo center to miss the crowds. This property was an excellent choice. Easy on/off of I-71which made it a straight shot to the show. Quiet but with plenty of restaurants/fast food within walking distance. Large shopping mall across the street. Hotel staff were very polite and went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasant. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying on the north side of Columbus.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — small parking area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager-TOH, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!