“Extended Stay-Polaris great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #76 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Shelby, NC
“Extended Stay-Polaris great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

In Ohio for the Quarter Horse Congress and wanted to stay far enough from the expo center to miss the crowds. This property was an excellent choice. Easy on/off of I-71which made it a straight shot to the show. Quiet but with plenty of restaurants/fast food within walking distance. Large shopping mall across the street. Hotel staff were very polite and went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasant. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying on the north side of Columbus.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — small parking area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager-TOH, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Malinta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Great hotel, especially for what we paid thru Hotwire. The hotel is barely below a three star rating in my opinion. Everything was very clean, the rooms quite large, and the full kitchen was just a bonus. One of the staff I dealt with seemed a bit (okay... a LOT) uninterested, but for the most part the rest were helpful. We even arranged a late check-out with no upcharge since our wives were running in the Columbus Marathon and would need a place to shower a bit after noon.

The construction workmanship in the hotel, especially the bathrooms, was a bit sub-par (HUGE caulk joints, sloppy paint, etc), but it's about what you expect in hotel remodels when they're trying to turn 100 units around in a month's time.

The breakfast provided was pretty weak, but I wasn't expecting much. The pool area looked nice, but it was closed for the winter during our stay. Plenty of restaurants/shops close by.

I would definitely stay here again, even at regular Travelocity/Expedia rates.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — the family across the hall from our room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manager-TOH, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Not a bad place from a cleanliness standpoint. Cheap amenities -- no shampoo in room, have to request at front desk. Free coffee and donuts. however, it is very loud. You can hear doors slamming, people stomping around upstairs, and talking in the next room. I hardly slept. Least soundproof hotel I have been in. Not so great for $101 per night (including tax).

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I was awarded this hotel via Hotwire.com. On paper, I saw that I was getting 2.5 star with a pool and breakfast, so I was stunned that it was an Extended Stay. No matter, the hotel was fine.

The hotel was in a great location, situated in a very popular shopping district. The restaurants were mostly of the cookie cutter type (Carraba's, Smokey Bones, Chili's, etc), but I know that's OK with most people.

The lobby was very nice, with a business center and breakfast area off to the sides. The breakfast area offered excellent complementary coffees 24/7.

The rooms were small, but well laid out. The kitchenette contained newer appliances. With regards to the television area, the easy chair had a pull out bed for one, situated in front of a smallish TV. The bed itself was small for two, but that is typical for ESA's.

My wife and I used the pool. My wife has a background knowledge of pools, and she noticed that there was enough algae on the pool stairs to leave footprints. That bothered her a little.

Overall, it was a solid, if forgettable stay.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Feel free to call us directly or book online at our website. And please remember that the same great stay you had with us can be had at any of the nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) in the United States and Canada
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I HotWired this hotel for $50 under 2.5 stars and I was stunned when an Extended Stay came up. I stayed in Extended Stay before and I did not care for it, but that was at 2 stars. Then I looked more closely at the hotel name and it said Extended Stay Deluxe, so the "Deluxe" means a half of star apparently. The word "Deluxe" did make a big difference, as the hotel was much different than their standard version.

First, they actually had a Continental Breakfast. In the non-deluxe version, you get nothing. At least this place had bagels, coffee and fruit, so that was decent.

Second, the rooms were nicer than the normal Extended Stay and not nearly as dreary. Also, the temprature was controlled by a thermostat which was nice, so you could set the temprature. Place was quiet too. A full service kitchen is provided but I did not use it.

Third, there is a work our facility and an outdoor pool. Might not sound like much, but the non-deluxe version does not even have that.

Overall, I thought my stay was fine. Nice area just a few miles from downtown Columbus. Plenty of places to eat nearby, and a mall across the street. Not the "hotel experience" I enjoy or prefer, but for one night it was fine. A couple more nights and it might have gotten on my nerves as I like a little more "bells and whistles" in my hotels.

For $50, it exceeded my standards. Just make sure when you book, you ask for the Extended Stay Deluxe, not the generic Extended Stay as there is one down the street. Like I said, for one night its fine. If you like the finer things in hotels, this place it not for you, or anyone high maintenance.

Stayed April 2008

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2003

Wonderful staff and beautifull hotel made me and my family very pleased with our choice. And for less than what we pay at other hotels we got a suite with a kitchen and everything. Very close to the mall so we could shop and in the middle of restaurants too. Perfect for a family visit and we extend out thanks to them for a wonderful time.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!