“Great Price, Clean Room, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Morgan Hill, California, United States
“Great Price, Clean Room, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Was in town for a three week visit with family. My teenage son was with me, so we booked a Suite with a fold out bed in the couch. He slept in the hide a bed, no complaints! I'm a picky sleeper, the bed was comfy and CLEAN! I've had some bad hotel experiences, so I really check the room before I settle in. I stripped the bed, just to check (and be safe) and not a speck or stray hair was found. The TV remote and the telephone were spotless. The free Wi-Fi was quick and reliable.

Full size fridge was exactly what we needed on this long trip, as well as the kitchenette.

We were there in the middle of a management/ownership change. Even with the administrative shuffle, the entire staff was helpful and polite. Ryan, Holy, and Ronnie were super!

The only things I could "complain" about was that the parking lot filled up quickly with large trucks from construction workers staying at the hotel and the hallway carpets were a bit dingy in places.

Room Tip: Only one elevator in the building. Ask for a room close to it if you have a lot of luggage. Hallways...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cea@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay - Polaris for 4 nights at the beginning of August. It provided a great home base while I visited around the area. I stayed in a "Queen Suite" that had 1 queen bed with a little kitchen and a bathroom. The kitchen was great! Full sized fridge, dishwasher, pots and dishes. While I was only there for 4 nights it made it so easy to get comfy, make dinner and watch some TV. A little home away from home. I didn't use all the facilities the hotel offered (gym, laundry, pool) since I was there for such a short time, but they looked great. Free Wi-Fi was a bonus as well (something the fancier hotels with all the "extras" don't have).

Check in was easy and straightforward as was check out. I dealt with Ronnie and Javon (hope I spelled that right) at the front desk and they were both extremely pleasant and helpful.

The location of this hotel is ideal. It's literally right off the highway, across the street from a huge indoor mall. There is almost every restaurant you could want in less than half a mile in any direction. There is a grocery store - I could go on! SO much available around! My reason for being there was the Columbus Zoo (as well as the Cincinnati and Cleveland zoos) and again - location is perfect! About a 15 minute drive through some very nice neighborhoods.

I only stayed 4 nights so there was no need for housekeeping to do anything. If, however, you stay longer I believe they come in once per week, or will come in more often for a small fee. All TOTALLY reasonable. Of course, if you need something in the meantime - just ask at the front desk.

The only thing I would make a suggestion about is the way the doors close for the rooms. They have the door closers, but they can end up closing and banging quite loudly if you don't close it slowly yourself - and it can shake nearby rooms. That said, my room was on the first floor and pretty close to the main lobby and aside from the occaisional door close....it was VERY quiet.

I would recommend staying here highly for anyone looking for a comfortable "home away from home".

Room Tip: I think any room would be great - mine was the first one next to the lobby and was fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Sarah - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am excited to read your remarks about the in-room kitchen, the amenities we had to offer onsite and how helpful our staff was, especially Ronnie and Javon. As well, I am glad that you liked our location. Still, I am very sorry that the door to your room was noisy when it shut. In response to your feedback, I am looking into options to eliminate the slamming of the doors .

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CEA@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a bad experience when we arrived in Indianapolis. We had reservations at another chain and when we checked in, it was nasty and dirty. So we immediately checked out again. Now here we were with no place to stay for the next four days. We happened upon this Extended Stay America and went in to check their rates and rooms. We had never stayed at one before and were extremely surprised. The place was clean and spacious, like having your own little apartment with a kitchen. The only kind of negative comment I have is that the breakfast was very sparse. But since we had our own kitchen, that is to be expected. All the personnel were friendly and over the top helpful. Also this is in the Polaris area. So close to tons of shopping and dining. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry you had a poor experience in Indianapolis with another chain.

I am happy however to hear that we could turn that negative experience into a new positive experience with Extended Stay America. I am thrilled to hear the team was helpful & friendly and that you enjoyed your stay at our Polaris Location. I apologize that the Grab & Go breakfast was not stocked, although it is not a typical continental breakfast, we try to provide a nice selection of items that are easy to grab on the run.

We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests, so we can continue to improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

No frills (no maid service either) but good value. Clean room but check in took a LONG time (30 min or more). Staff tried to be helpful when I asked for something but they seemed to be over worked. Close to where I needed to go and good access to highway. Not bad if you are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were conveniently located during your travels and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I do apologize for the delay involved with your check in, we have new staff working our front desk. We will work on getting new staff members more experience and training so your future stays will be faster and smoother upon check in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
TOLEDO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Bumps: check-in process was very long and was charged to go from queen to king (which was previously requested), the security latch was broken and laying on the desk, the iron in the room had red crutty stuff coming from it that wasn't noticed until it was on our clothing, asked for late check-out during check-in and it was approved by both people at the front desk...next morning got knocks at the door two times by two different people in housekeeping. I told the 1st lady that I had a late check-out and she responded very nasty/rude asking if I was sure and until when. As for the 2nd person, before I could get to the door she walked in on me (not all the way dressed). While I was checking out one of the ladies at the front desk (that checked me in) came up to me and apologized for the other lady walking in the room then she proceeded to say she didn't show in the system where I had a late check-out. I responded by telling her she was one of the people that approved it...then she remembered and said she neglected to put it in the system and again apologized. Wow!!

Comfort: the bed was very comfortable and the shower was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was a little too small for a Queen bed (!). Room had a funky smell which might have been cleaning solution or the leftover aroma of a Curry dish.
The 'grab and go' breakfast wasn't expected to be much and yet still managed to fall short of expectations.
On a positive note, we left a couple of bags in the room when we checked out and the front desk promptly called us back before we had left town.

Room Tip: I have had a couple of deals through hotwire that were very satisfying and others that were disappoi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. I am sorry to hear of the odors in your room. We have shared your comments with our team will continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cpl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I wrote a review in Mar 2012, and I am still here for business travel. Many things have changed -- for the better, and things were good before! Exterior painted and new signage, upgrades on laundry facilities and more. So, the hotel is doing well. What I did not mention was location, location, location: very convenient for Magic Mountain, auto shows (there were 30 corvettes in the parking lot last night) along with walking distance to Target and Panera with Cabelas, Polaris Fashion Mall, and Costco nearby. People also stay here for the annual Arnold Schwarzeneggar Sports Event due to easy freeway access.
@Reviewer below who asked about "when will it be clean" ... I have to mention: that is about some of the customers who come through, not the staff. This Extended Stay America is cleaned top to bottom daily and in rooms regularly, even by request, if desired.
At 19 months onsite (and counting), I have been pleased with the overall service. Oh, and new flat screen TVs!

Room Tip: The swimming pool is seasonal outside (which is better in my opinion). No restaurant internal, howe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!