“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
chicago
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great safe location. The room was nice and clean . The staff were all very friendly

Was here to visit family for Thanksgiving. Did some shopping in which the Mall is a block away.
The rooms were very clean and the exterior was being painted. Nice to have an early morning
place to relax and grab a quick bite to eat. Had reserved a Queen rm which we upgraded to a king for a small fee.........it was 3 x the size. I would suggest this to future guests.

Room Tip: King size bed and room was very big.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Bobb,
Thank you for writing a positive review of your stay at our Columbus Polaris location. We are delighted you chose our hotel during the Thanksgiving Holiday. It is wonderful to hear of the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of your guestroom in making your stay your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again on your travels back to the Columbus area. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Located on the north side of Columbus and the 270 by-pass, any and every store or restaurant you could possibly ever want is with a 10 minute drive. Our stay lasted almost 2 weeks, and we cooked in the room most of our meals. Beds we comfortable, staff was EXCELLENT.

The only negative is the SKIMPY countertop space in the kitchenette. I don't need a dishwasher - there are only place setting for 3 people! What I DO want is room for the dish drain and at the same time a place to cut veggies or prepare a meal. Our RV has a bigger countertop than this room offered.

We might return for another stay, but I will check other options with kitchettes before booking here again.

The manager and her staff were excellent tho - and that makes up for a poor design.

Room Tip: Rooms on ends are easiest to access your vehicle. Rooms on back side 2rd or 3rd floor will allow you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel does have many good points, just not when it comes to getting a good night's sleep. I will start will the good; great location especially since our purpose was a party nearby in Polaris, clean rooms, didn't even have a stale smell to them, friendly staff, didn't need much but they were pleasant on check in and finally large sized rooms, would be great if staying a large number of days. Unfortunately, I would not go back because when I book a hotel it is usually because I need somewhere to sleep. The bed felt like cardboard with springs, and broken springs at that. The temperature in the room was difficult to control, and there was no control for the fan and able to turn it off. The walls are very thin, we could here the people walking around above us and the plumbing of those on either side of us, not mention the going ons at the front desk. There were only three pillows (we both use two) in the room and they were all in need of replacement. The cover was thin and the cheap comforter wouldn't even stay on the bed, continually slipped off the bed.

All in all, would not go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Polaris location. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff and cleanliness of your guestroom. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel at cpl@extendedstay. We hope you will allow us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice interior rooms: carpeting bathrooms bedding and furniture EXCEPT all desks are beat up and need to go! This place is quiet between rooms but you can hear people in hall like when the stupid middle eastern man made his smoke alarm go off at 845 and Instead of opening windows he opened his door so WE COUKD CONTINUOSLY HEAR him yelling fire and running up and down the hallway. What a *%#@. If you are going to be in the USA get a handbook on how to act! So of course couldn't go backt o sleep! the pullout couch bed is very thin and hard and shoots metal up your ***! but the ac heat fan is loud so I can sleep since I'm used to noise. The parking is a major problem. These people with these BUSES need to learn how to drive an not take up two spots. I counted 12 wasted spots that Someone could have occupied. So we had to park by the pool door and even though the outer door was close we had to trek a long way inside! Hotels like this with limited parking should charge people extra If they park in two spots. It's ridick! Next time I'm parking in the handicap because of how insane I will mentally be after dealing with this parking.

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.
Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you mentioning the pull out sofa and the parking inconvenience to take corrective action. Thank you again, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the Columbus area.
Fulton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just back from 5 weeks at this hotel. The fantastic staff made it much less lonely. They were all friendly and very helpful. Rooms were cleaned once a week, needed extra towels, sheets, etc were availble at front desk. Full sized refrigerator-freezer, two burner stove, microwave and dishwasher were in kitchen area. Also provided were cutlery, dishes, pots.
Unusual feature - first hotel with cooking facilities I have ever stayed at that provided a mini breakfast bar. Bagels, muffins, waffles (some mornings) and fresh fruit were vailable as well as 3 blends of coffee. It worked well for me - I left for work at 6AM, way too early to eat. Threw a bagel and some cream cheese in my purse and ate it at about 8AM.
All in all, a great hotel experience. Only two complaints. One, the bed was not kind to my sore back. I understand the hotel is replacing the mattresses. Two, the TV lineup. Almost 1/3 of stations were various ESPN stations. The Weather Channel did not provide local weather and there was no program guide.
The location was great. Near restaurants, the Polaris Mall and a major North-South highway. Would I stay there again? You bet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a positive review of your recent stay at our Polaris location. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff providing your home away from home. We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cpl@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again during your travels to Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I ended up staying here in August when my husband and I stay was cut short at another extended stay in Columbus. I have to say that I was very happy with they stay here. The staff was very helpful and I thought it was very quiet at night. The area has a lot of shops and the hotel itself is clean. The rooms were very clean and the made sure the hotel lobby was clean. Also included some grab and go breakfast items.

My only complaint is that they could make the cable channels better. I would recommend the stay here to anybody that comes to town. I had no problems staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay at our Polaris location. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay from the helpfulness of our staff, overall cleanliness, and the great location of our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at cpl@extendedstay.com. We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels to the Columbus area.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the extended stay in Columbus for 2 nights October 2012, We stayed in the 2 queen room with sofabed. Although they only had a smoking room left, they gave us an excellent air freshener that did the job. The room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff went above and beyond to make our stay a good one, answering any questions that we had with a friendly no problem attitude (thank you Carly and Jade). Complimentary breakfast was good with fresh coffee. juice, hot water for tea, and fresh bagels and muffins which the kids loved.

Haven't anything negative to say about our stay - overall enjoyable, especially being directly across from shopping mall and good restaurants!

Room Tip: Our group had 3 rooms in total - 2 queen with sofa and the king - all were nice, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Columbus Polaris location. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, so it is so rewarding to hear of the efforts of Carly and Jade providing a home away from home experience. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs brings you back to the Columbus area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!