“Recommend - Very Happy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
London, United Kingdom
“Recommend - Very Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the extended stay in Columbus for 2 nights October 2012, We stayed in the 2 queen room with sofabed. Although they only had a smoking room left, they gave us an excellent air freshener that did the job. The room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff went above and beyond to make our stay a good one, answering any questions that we had with a friendly no problem attitude (thank you Carly and Jade). Complimentary breakfast was good with fresh coffee. juice, hot water for tea, and fresh bagels and muffins which the kids loved.

Haven't anything negative to say about our stay - overall enjoyable, especially being directly across from shopping mall and good restaurants!

Room Tip: Our group had 3 rooms in total - 2 queen with sofa and the king - all were nice, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Columbus Polaris location. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, so it is so rewarding to hear of the efforts of Carly and Jade providing a home away from home experience. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs brings you back to the Columbus area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at this location after getting a deal on Hotwire, so all I knew going in was that it was 2 1/2 stars and in the Polaris area. It was not the most luxurious or fancy schmancy place I've ever stayed, but overall, especially considering the great deal we got, I was very satisfied - would stay there again.

Details:
* Room was clean.
* Complimentary wifi worked great.
* There was a small kitchen (complete with 2-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge).
* Bed was comfortable - I slept well.
* There was a "deluxe coffee bar" in the morning with coffee, bagels/muffins, and fruit. Considering that the rooms had little kitchens, I expected to be on my own for breakfast, so although it wasn't fancy, it was more than I expected. :)
* There was a group of people staying on our floor - seemed like a construction crew or something similar. To be honest, I was a little concerned about noise, but I didn't hear anything from the neighboring rooms, so that was great.
* There were a couple of maintenance issues. The phone on the desk seemed like it had seen better days. The button to call the front desk didn't work. My sense was that it was just worn out. The phone by the bed worked fine. Also, there was a small leak in the pipes under the sink in the kitchen. Not a big deal for us - we weren't there for the kitchen - just mentioned it to the front desk person when we checked out.
* We stayed 2 nights. Because this is an extended stay place, there was no maid service between the 1st and 2nd nights. I prefer not to have someone in my room when I'm not there, so that was actually a bonus for me. There was a card in the room explaining the cleaning schedule, including an optional "daily refresh" service (for a small fee). We didn't take advantage of that, so I can't speak to the details - just wanted to mention that if you do want something closer to a traditional hotel experience, it seems like it's available.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the maintenance items regarding the telephone and the small leak under the kitchen sink to prevent from reoccurring.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Bayfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My first thing to do when getting our room was to remove the dirty foul shower curtain, place it in a plastic bag and take it to the front desk. They supplied me with a clean shower curtain that I installed. I then went back down and asked for some cleaning spray as the room was dirty. They again gave me the spray and I cleaned the room. It was quite evident that it had not been cleaned as there was oil from someone's head on the head board of the bed and the floors still had dirt from the previous visitor. If you are a worker in the area and need a place to stay this might be what you want. On Friday night it was an eye opener when there were a couple of questionable females smoking at the rear entrance and looking as if they were "working girls". I would never recommend this god forsaken hotel to anyone. Be aware!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disappointing, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay with the overall room cleanliness. As well, we have security measures in place to ensure that our guests are safe at all times. We take your review very seriously and are looking into your remarks, making changes to our processes as needed.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Joe and Andrea were very friendly and helpful in getting us a room when we arrived a day early. This attitude continued thru out our stay. Rooms were clean, outdoor pool area is kept up very well.
Good coffee, fresh pot any time your ask, but poor selection of breakfast
Close to many resturants and all the shopping you could want.
Throughly enjoyed our stay, will return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel during your family reunion. Our hotel is totally committed to great guest service and excellence, it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again for your future travels. As well, I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Andrea and Joe.
Westerville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff (Andrea & Joe) were most professional in helping us plan our family reunion. We were given a great conference room to hold our group get together, and the staff was very accommodating. We had over 70 guest and about 25 rooms, the pool area was perfect for our outside activities. We will def be back again. Love the rooms and this location has access to everything within walking distance. (the kids loved the magic mountain).
Thanks so much Andrea, Joe and Tito

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It was our delight to accommodate your family reunion and a pleasure to hear of the efforts made from Andrea, Joe and Tito. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a great place for those of us who like a clean room without staff running in and out every day. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast includes bagels, muffins and fruit. The coffee was outstanding - even the decaf! And it was right across from the Polaris Mall with wonderful shopping. There are many restaurants nearby so you really don't need to go far for anything.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room since I'm a light sleeper, and I got it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I strive to provide each guest with a "home away from home" atmosphere, offering breakfast in the mornings and ensuring we attend to your needs. It seems like we were able to do just that with you.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently held our family reunion at this location. We were there 2 nights with twenty rooms. The staff (Andrea) was beyond wonderful in making sure our every need and concern was addressed pleasantly and professionally. The rooms were nicely appointed (stovetop, microwave and refrigerator) and the beds were extremely comfortable. The pool was a popular and enjoyable spot for the youngsters and adults as well. The location was perfect for our out-of-town guests as they explored the extensive shopping and restuarants. I would enthusiastically encourage staying at the Extended Stay Polaris whether just booking one room or multiple rooms. The staff will go out of their way to make it a pleasurable experience. This hotel/location can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. It was an absolutely delight to accommodate your family reunion. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest so I am delighted to hear of the efforts of Andrea. We are truly honored for your recognition and would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!