“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

You added Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8555 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Columbus - Polaris)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
London, United Kingdom
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I want to let Travelers know that the Front Desk Team is Awesome.
They truly make you feel welcomed.
Housekeeping Staff is just Wonderful.
I'm here on business and whether you are are here for 2 weeks or 2 months
They give you 5 Star Service!
You can't beat the Price.
The Location is Great!
Polaris is Mall, Restaurants, Bars, its all here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. You are only a few minutes from shopping and restaurants. This is pretty much the only reason we stayed here, and it is very affordable.

Our check-in took 15 minutes and we were the only people in line. The computer was slow and the receptionist did not seem to be in much of a hurry either.

Once we got to the room, we noticed it had seen better days. What bothered us was that it was not clean. The bed had hair in it and we had to call the front desk to have the bedding changed. Someone came in less than 10 minutes and took care of the issue.The room was dusty and there was evidence of hair in the bathroom as well.

Around 10pm, we came back to the hotel from a restaurant and was with another couple in the lobby. A female was allowed into the hotel without a key card that could not have been anything but a prostitute. We were shocked and decided to call it a night. We got up very early the next morning and left never to return here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

The location is prime...but I had to pray myself to sleep the first night. The bed was not the most comfortable. The kitchen area was clean; however, the kitchenware was worn and I refused to eat in the room. The front desk employees were nice.

• Stayed March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Kirtland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel and had two rooms. We were not sure how it would be since we used Expedia to get it, and they did not reveal the name until after the purchase. We were able to upgrade the rooms to 2 beds for a small charge of $5.00 at check in. The front desk clerk, Tito, could not have been any nicer and helpful to us! It is unusual to have such a helpful person working at the front desk! The rooms were large with a kitchen, sofa bed, recliner, and working desk area. A simple continental breakfast is included. They also had a full menu for room service. The furniture was very comfortable, and everything was in good working condition. If you are Japanese or Indian you might enjoy the Janpanese or Indian TV Stations! We had a good night's sleep since it was very quiet. It is located close to just about every kind of shopping and restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

We frequent Columbus about once a month for shopping and use discount sites. I know that every hotel on polaris parkway is upper middle class And for $38 a night I knew it would be an effeciency suit of some sort which is a bargain. If you are not familiar with the area THIS WILL BE HARD TO SPOT since the signage on building is small. It is located off 71 which for us is in between my preferred shopping. It also is located across the street (eight lanes) from Polaris fashion place (very large enclosed mall with lifestyle center and it us also within walking distance (like yards so same side of street) to Wendy's Quaker steak carrabas and go cart game center. And just walk up the street and there is a target and a beginning of a long and large upscale strip mall that has old navy ulta tjmaxx world market beat buy big lots lane Bryant hallmark and thats just a few. This is one of the best exits within Columbus because there is so much and it stretches left and right with choices. Safe surroundings too. Polaris parkway is surrounded by upscale neighborhoods.

NOW ABOUT THE BEDS
YOU WILL WANT TO READ
We got a studio with a queen bed and it was so hard I couldn't sleep until 6 am! And there will be an oversized chair and guess what it is a pull out twin bed! No one told us about this! I discovered it after trying to use cushions as pillows because there are not extras in the room. But I will add that I'm 5'6 170 pounds and anyone bigger or taller will not fit on the pullout. It is a mini twin. And our carpet needed more cleaning as it was stained. The room did have a full size fridge and cabinets but had few pans and had two small burners.

• Stayed December 2011
Akron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

The staff was very nice and service excellent...very roomy.....location is great....I have stayed in several Extended Stay Hotels and this is my favorite...I am going back Monday 5/30/11 I do however wish they had bigger TV sets. The staff goes out of its way to accommodate you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I booked through hotwire and rate was forty-two plus tax for one queen bed. We require two beds and were charged an additional fifteen dollars, plus tax, for 2 double beds---increasing our original cost by 1/3. Also, there is a FEE for internet. Each room has a kitchenette, so breakfast is limited to coffee, doughnuts, and a bit of fresh fruit. Room was recently renovated, but towels and bed coverings are very frayed and thin. Bar soap is provided, but shampoo, lotion, etc, must be requested from front desk. Located across the street from Polaris shopping Mall and short distance from Interstate 71. This property was not a good value.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!