“Both good and bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North Polaris

You added Comfort Inn North Polaris to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
St. Henry,OH
“Both good and bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great hotel if you need extra room. We were in Columbus on a family shopping trip with 6 people and were glad that this hotel offered a room to accommodate this number. It had a separate sleeping room, extra vanity, and small kitchen are with microwave, fridge, etc., and ceiling fans. However we found dirty sheets on the sleeper sofa when we opened it up. They gave us new sheets which we had to switch out ourselves. Odor in the room and the hair on the dirty sheets led me to believe there was a dog in the room on a previous visit. Sleeper sofa was in bad shape also. We made the best of it. Loved the size of the room and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Coolpuhl3, General Manager at Comfort Inn North Polaris, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our suite accommodations. I have brought the issues you had to the attention of our housekeeping team in an effort to prevent reoccurance. Thank you for your high marks in the other areas of your visit. We look forward to your return visit here to Columbus, Ohio and the Comfort Inn Polaris. If you'd like to contact me directly, please do so at: Joe.Puhl@comfortinnpolaris.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for the first time, even though I've stayed in Columbus before. Check in was easy and quick. The room was very clean, bed comfortable with multiple little pillows. The bathroom shower had good pressure and there were plenty of towels. There were alot of channels on the flat screen tv. In the lobby, there is a recycling container for used newspapers and cans. The only negative was all of the vending machine were out of soda, however I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were surprised to find out that our room happened to be two rooms. One for relaxing and also the bedroom. We had a fridge, microwave, bar sink, kitchen counter, stools, very clean bathroom, a vanity with sink off of the bedroom, two TVs, ceiling fans and air control for each room. The carpet and pull out couch are out dated but clean. They allowed dogs for a small fee. The health food store was very close and so were restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I picked this hotel because of previous reviewers comments. For me the most important thing is cleanliness. I felt that it was clean, conveniently located, and my friend and I both remarked that the beds were comfortable. It's not a cheap hotel but a good value. To get clean you have to be willing to pay a little. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast. I only grabbed some orange juice. When I drank it, I realized it was more like orange drink. Anyway, I would stay there again and was pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bedford, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have stayed at other hotels in the Polaris Mall area, but this is the one we'll choose from now on. The room was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and had it to ourselves late on a Saturday night. Breakfast was the usual array of eggs, sausage and do-it yourself waffles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little on the high side as far as price and could have been a bit cleaner.had a musty smell and the beds are firm.on the plus side hotel has easy access and great location with many good resturants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
Coolpuhl3, General Manager at Comfort Inn North Polaris, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to briefly explain your experience. We strive for 5's, 100% of the time. We'll look to making improvements into those areas that you mentioned and thanks for sharing, so we may continually improve.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was a last minute decision for my 2year old son and I to travel to Columbus with my husband, who was going there for business. This was also going to be the first time we stayed in a hotel with our son, so we were unsure of sleeping arrangements. When I called to make the reservation, Lee was very patient with me and all my questions. He listened to my concerns and made accommodations so we would be most comfortable in our stay. Also when I mentioned we were going to the zoo, which is very close to this hotel, he offered us a room package that saved us half off admission.
Let me say, breakfast was amazing! My son loved having make your own waffles in all different flavors. And my husband and I were able to enjoy a hot breakfast that you usually don't find for free!
This hotel and the staff went above and beyond to accommodation us and make our stay hassle-free and enjoyable. They also provided recommendations and coupons for local attractions suitable for our family.
When in the North Columbus area we would gladly return here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn North Polaris? Share your experiences!