“Nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn North Polaris

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn North Polaris to your Saves list
Comfort Inn North Polaris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8400 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were surprised to find out that our room happened to be two rooms. One for relaxing and also the bedroom. We had a fridge, microwave, bar sink, kitchen counter, stools, very clean bathroom, a vanity with sink off of the bedroom, two TVs, ceiling fans and air control for each room. The carpet and pull out couch are out dated but clean. They allowed dogs for a small fee. The health food store was very close and so were restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I picked this hotel because of previous reviewers comments. For me the most important thing is cleanliness. I felt that it was clean, conveniently located, and my friend and I both remarked that the beds were comfortable. It's not a cheap hotel but a good value. To get clean you have to be willing to pay a little. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast. I only grabbed some orange juice. When I drank it, I realized it was more like orange drink. Anyway, I would stay there again and was pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bedford, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have stayed at other hotels in the Polaris Mall area, but this is the one we'll choose from now on. The room was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and had it to ourselves late on a Saturday night. Breakfast was the usual array of eggs, sausage and do-it yourself waffles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little on the high side as far as price and could have been a bit cleaner.had a musty smell and the beds are firm.on the plus side hotel has easy access and great location with many good resturants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
Coolpuhl3, General Manager at Comfort Inn North Polaris, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to briefly explain your experience. We strive for 5's, 100% of the time. We'll look to making improvements into those areas that you mentioned and thanks for sharing, so we may continually improve.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was a last minute decision for my 2year old son and I to travel to Columbus with my husband, who was going there for business. This was also going to be the first time we stayed in a hotel with our son, so we were unsure of sleeping arrangements. When I called to make the reservation, Lee was very patient with me and all my questions. He listened to my concerns and made accommodations so we would be most comfortable in our stay. Also when I mentioned we were going to the zoo, which is very close to this hotel, he offered us a room package that saved us half off admission.
Let me say, breakfast was amazing! My son loved having make your own waffles in all different flavors. And my husband and I were able to enjoy a hot breakfast that you usually don't find for free!
This hotel and the staff went above and beyond to accommodation us and make our stay hassle-free and enjoyable. They also provided recommendations and coupons for local attractions suitable for our family.
When in the North Columbus area we would gladly return here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

we booked 2 nights here and 2 rooms. Both rooms we booked had one bed,I called a few days before arrival and changed one room to 2 beds so my 2 nieces age 4 and 6 could stay one night. The cost of my room went up for both nights however if you check their web site it is the same price for a room with one bed or two beds. If they were charging for the children they should have only charged for one night. Then I requested a fridge which I was told it would now cost 20.00 a night more. I am a choice member and stay at this chain of hotels often and have not seen this before. I do not like all these rate changes and for that reason will not go back to this hotel. I did read a review where another guest needed a room with a fridge and they gave it to them with no charge.

The rooms were comfortable and some what clean. We did leave the hotel and return at 1:30 and the rooms were still not cleaned,we were told housekeeping works until 4:00. This is ok for some people but if you have evening plans and need to be in your room at 4:00 getting ready this is a problem.

I did find there was not many outlets for charging a computer and cell phone. My room was a joining room and the people in the other room was very noisey,it would have been nice if they would have given us that room instead of across the hall.

The breakfast was ok,the lady working in the breakfast room did a good job of keeping things filled and clean.

The desk staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is across the highway from a great mall if you have a car you are ok if not it is to far to walk. There are several hotels right there I am surprised the mall does not have a shuttle service. There are several restaurants too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coolpuhl3, General Manager at Comfort Inn North Polaris, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments on our staff friendliness and breakfast which we pride ourselves in.
There does seem to be confusion about the rates, room types etc during your stay which I'd be glad to discuss and rectify with you. Please contact me at 614-791-9700. or joe.puhl@comfortinnpolaris.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Had travelled from Kentucky to Ohio to complete a long road trip/vacation. This hotel was like an oasis. It was near the Columbus zoo and many,many places to eat and shop! The staff at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Way to go!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn North Polaris? Share your experiences!