“Be careful if you're pulling a trailer” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #54 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Springfield, Missouri
“Be careful if you're pulling a trailer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice property, well kept, good location, friendly staff, chain restaurants adjacent.

No pull-through parking. It's all pull in, one deep at the curb. You'll need to try to find several slots together on the backside and hope you don't get parked in.

No trailer? No problem. Good night's sleep - it's a quiet motel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your Review. All comments are welcomed and used as a tool to improve our service Should you visit us again you can park in the adjacent parking lot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were awakened at 5:30 am; the staff called to "see if we were in the room"....couldn't get
back to sleep after that call; manager was supposed to call to "apologize" & give us a discount that same morning (June 11)...we're still waiting on the call a day later; the king size bed we
reserved wasn't available when we arrived; we were overcharged on the room price and
still haven't heard about the correction.
This hotel has a good free breakfast and nice pool but we probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear sue p,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our hotel. I understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the level of service you received. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chillicothe, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once before. I only have a couple of minor issues with it. As was the case then, I think the staff is a little too attentive. They always seemed to be watching me as I walked by the lobby, and I could tell by the way they were looking and talking to me, that they really were curious about me for some reason. I do live in the Columbus area and take mini vacays to a nearby hotel sometimes just to have a change of pace. I love hotels, what can I say? It's a nice way to get away without going far and spending a lot. I enjoyed the pool. I didn't go to breakfast, or spend much time in the hotel. Maybe I did compared to other guests? There is only one main entrance so you do have to go by the desk always. There seemed to be several families there that I saw frequently at the pool and such. BTW, I did make a comment to the front desk man about a boy at the pool who constantly shrieked - as well as ran and jumped wildly. The family took over the whole pool, and this kid's voice had to be heard through to the lobby. Thought I'd bring it up after being questioned for about the 4th time about my stay. He seemed ambivalent about it.

I do enjoy professionalism, but there is a fine line. In addition to the overly attentive front desk man, there were also a couple of women working in the lobby at various times who would look at me strangely. I have no idea what this is about. I'm not used to being treated this way. I'm conservatively dressed - usually don't draw much attention. My husband did not stay with me (He finds hotel stays stressful.), but came by several times. This seemed to stop the attentiveness. The only other complaint I really have is that this isn't the best of areas, and there isn't much nearby. I have no complaints about the room or facilities - I'd rank the hotel higher if it wasn't for the staff and security concerns with the area. I think I'll go south for Circleville or Chillicothe next time (Family is there.).

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Nora M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read that you liked the rooms and facilities. On the other hand, we are very sorry our location and staff service were not to your liking. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting the next time you are in the area.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
MICHIGAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

An above average clean and friendly property. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast is excellent and the pool/hot tub make staying here even better! It would be nice if every room had a fridge and microwave, but the great staff makes up for it. Stay here, you will LOVE it!

Room Tip: Book a King room for the microwave and fridge!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay
reynoldsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I very muched enjoyed the easy access of their location and the staff was extremely helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and shaving cream and the staff had no problem at all supplying them for me. The room was extremely clean and i will be staying again for sure next time I'm in town! Ps. the breakfast is amazing!! -Joe

• Stayed April 2014
palmtreeColumbus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your stay! We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, I'm glad you enjoyed them. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Such a friendly, clean environment. Nathan Harmony was very helpful and accommodating to my husband and I. I would recommend this hotel for any traveler or anyone who needs a night out! Also has an amazing breakfast and maid service. Perfect hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
nowhere, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My family and another parent stayed at this property last weekend (April 5th) for a basketball tournament. We both had a good experience and our son's loved the pool/hot tub! Breakfast was great and had a good variety of items to get us started for the day. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a king with a sofa bed and the other person had 2 queens, our room had a microwave and a refrigerator but the 2 queen room did not, I guess it is on a first come first serve basis, which is crazy to not have one in every room?! I loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries; it was a nice touch than just standard hotel toiletries. The beds were super comfortable!!.. But otherwise a great stay and we will be back if we are ever in the area again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family