“Very Restful Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Wooster, Ohio
“Very Restful Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Extra nice and clean roomsSuper Comfy beds, great full FREE breakfast, very nice pool and hot tub, Friendly employees, great water pressure for showers. What was especially nice was the hot tub wasn't too terribly hot and the pool wasn't extremely cold like most hotels, so you could easily go from one to the other without shocking your body... only draw back was the internet connection. Each device in your room had to have a different username and password and we needed to enter it several times during our 2 day stay. I know it was done for security reasons but it really got to be annoying after awhile. GREAT STAY FOR THE MONEY OTHERWISE!

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor and it was super quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia Beach, VA USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

There wasn't much to choose from in this area for hotels. This looked like the best option. It's near the freeway and tons of fast food type restaurants. It has good parking. The presentation of the outside is nice. The rooms are just okay to slightly lower than okay. The wallpaper was peeling. There was a spot of mold on the bathroom floor, but we weren't in the room much. Not sure about the tv, microwave, pool, or breakfast as I didn't use any of that, but they were there. There are both soft and firm pillows. The bed was alright. The front desk staff was very friendly. This is a pet friendly hotel. There was a barking dog on one side of me and a crying baby on the other. Combine that with thin walls and I didn't sleep. I think it was over-priced for what I got, but the other options looked even worse.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to complete a review on your experience with our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you were unable to rest in your room. The front desk staff would have been happy to move you to another room (as long as one was available). We take pride in handling our guest's concerns imediately and effectively. Again, I'm sorry we did not deliver the brand standard we work so hard to uphold. If you return to our area of Columbus please allow us the chance to meet and exceed your expectations.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. It has a very convenient location as it is so close to 70 and 33. The hotel is a bit older, but you can see that it has been updated and well-cared for. Althea and Nathan at the front desk were very friendly and helpful at the check-in. Later they helped my coworkers and I find a good place to get dinner. Over all it was a relaxing experience. Nice, quiet, and clean!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Southeast! We love to know when we have succeeded in providing our guests with a great "home away from home!"

I apologize that the internet service was irritating for you. It does require you to sign in any time your system goes idle. Thank you for understanding that it is set up that way to protect our guests.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this property this past weekend, and was so impressed that I wanted to write this review to share my experience. Upon arriving I was warmly greeted by the Front Desk, and made to feel as if I was right at home. Check in was swift and easy and I truly felt like the staff cared about my stay. The room was very comfortable and every amenity, from the pool all the way to the in-room amenities were phenomenal.

All of these wonderful features were complimented by the staff, namely Nathan. Nathan went out of his way to make me feel welcome and at home during my stay. He greeted me daily and was all around pleasant and genuinely warm.

Compliments on this hotel for keeping a happy staff and a wonderful property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We work hard to ensure each guest feels at home while they are with us. It is so nice to know when we have met and even exceeded our guests' expectations.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a clean and quiet place to spend a few nights when we came across this hotel. We booked our rooms not knowing what to expect, but we were pleasantly supervises. Our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was unexpectedly very friendly and kind. Well, everyone seemed to go out of their way to make our stay memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It is our goal to make sure each of our guests feels comfortable and welcome from the moment they walk in the door. Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep our hotel looking wonderful, so I will be sure to pass on your words of praise!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was one of my better stays at any Holiday Inn Express hotel that I have stayed at. The staff was genuine, friendly and very helpful. My room was very clean and the breakfast was great. I was even able to walk next door for dinner---and after a long day of driving, that was much appreciated. I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Southeast. I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We hope that you will remember us if you return to the Columbus area.
Lake Elsinore, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We travel a lot, I stay in a hotel at least 3 days a week, as a preferred member of Holliday inn hotels we are always extended the courtesy of a late checkout because we work late night, everywhere but here in Groveport, even after I was told that we would get the late checkout. So here we are without enough rest on the road to our next destination. Im not coming back to this Holliday inn.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I apologize that you were not offered a check-out later than 12pm. We try to honor an extended check-out time to all IHG Rewards Club members when it is available; however, there are times when we are unable to do so. We understand that you have many options when looking for lodging in the Columbus area and we appreciate and value your business. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your concerns with your recent stay, and I apologize again that you were not able to rest longer before having to leave.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast? Share your experiences!