“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Chester, Ohio
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love Staybridge properties...simple yet all the convenience of home. Good breakfast...decent price considering I did a park and fly. My only complaint is that the walls are a little thun...so , make sure your room is away from elevators, etc. Will absolutely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Georgetown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My family stayed here for the weekend and had an excellent time. I was promptly greeted by name as an IHG elite rewards member. I was checked-in in under 5 minutes and on the way to the room.

I booked a queen suite, and with the sofa made out into a bed, it did make for a tight squeeze between the beds.

My daughter and I went for a swim first thing in the morning, and the staff was very friendly to get the lights on.

The gentleman that checked me in had to be the best front desk person I think I have ever dealt with. I told my fiancé when I came back to the car that I had the best check-in experience at an IHG property ever.

As far as renovations go, I no saw signs of any renovations. Maybe they are finished.

Stayed November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for a week in October and I must say this is a very nice hotel. They provided hot breakfast every day, and dinner daily through Thursday. No they don't have a full service restaurant, but other add-ons were good IMO. This was my first time at a Staybridge property, and I was very impressed with my suite. Kudos for providing superior customer service (and the beer also lol).

Room Tip: Perfect 1-bedroom suite on the first floor across from the exercising room. Very quiet corner with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip only for one night. My room was very clean and comfortable. However, the walls were very thin, and I could hear very clearly that my next door neighbor had some snoring problems. Another quip is that the hotel did not have a restaurant on location. I know that this is not unusual in these types of hotels but I figured I would mention it. Overall it was descent, but in my opinion, not for the business traveler like myself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Nessa0716,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Once again this home away from home has manage to entice me into not wanting to leave. The new dining area looks great, my room was clean, I slept peacefully, front desk very professional and i'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed September 2013
Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was impressed by the hotel even though it was under construction. Room was quiet, clean and large. I liked the fact there was a stove, fridge and microwave in the room.
Only downside that there was no place to sit for breakfast due to construction.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the comments. We have had some issues with the renovations and hope to have the Great room finished up in a week or two.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ok, I was a little hesitant to book this hotel while I was in Columbus on business because of all of the negative "renovation" reviews. I'm glad I booked it!

Room was clean and bright with a full kitchen and full-size coffee maker. Nice towels as well. Fitness center was very nicely equipped and everything worked. Got a good, quiet-nights sleep.

The renovations seemed like a minor issue to me. The only thing I noticed was a small amount of construction materials in the lobby area - to the side - hardly noticeable! Each evening there was a type of "manager's reception" that included what would be for me, a full-size dinner and drinks! Nice touch!

I did not have time nor did I look at the breakfast offered. I did, however, enjoy the coffee when I got back to the hotel in the evenings and it was hot and good!

All in all, the Staybridge, Columbus Airport was more than what I expected and in a good location. Lots of restaurants, amenities around as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you could overlook the remodeling and hope to see you in the future.

Been to Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!