“Lots of fun..filled with Bachelorette parties.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 216 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Columbus, Ohio's #1 All Request Dueling Piano Bar. The Big Bang has been providing the Columbus Area with top-notch service and out of this world live entertainment that is all about crowd participation for over 5 years. Our entertainers play all of your favorite song requests live and will have you singing, dancing and laughing along all night. Reservations are recommended on the weekends. The Big Bang is also available for private parties and corporate events!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
19 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun..filled with Bachelorette parties.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I came here with my son's fraternity for Mom's weekend. Came on a Saturday night and the place was full of Bachelorette parties! The performers were quite talented. As the night went on, all the women had drank a lot so I think anyone would have sounded pretty good. They called up individual brides and performed a song that was requested by the group she was with. The bride/bachelorette would then dance provocatively on stage to the cheering crowd. I'm not sure about the service at the tables since we stood in the back near the bar. I kept my tab open and the bartenders were very responsive when my son or I wanted another drink. I would come here again...especially with a bunch of women. I don't think my husband would enjoy it.

Visited May 2012

Ohio
53 attraction reviews
“Fun place to kick off a night of going out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This bar had a casual atmosphere and watching the performers was a lot of fun! They really do have some talented people that play not only dueling pianos but drums, guitar, fiddle and pretty much whatever they can get their hands on! We paid a $6 cover to get in and even though it was a little busy when we got there, we found an empty high-top table in the back that gave us a good view of the stage. They play only requests and they interact with the audience quite a bit. Things started getting a little weird as the customers got more drunk and some people wouldn't get off the stage or stop harassing the musicians but I'm sure they are used to it. I would recommend going here earlier on in the night.

Visited May 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

WORST EXPERIENCE !! BIGGOTS AGAINST GAYS! One of the male servers kept picking on my best friend, who is a gay man. Very rude, condescending, and when we went to management they could've cared less. They asked us what we wanted and all we asked for was an apology from the server. Management instead slipped my $50 CASH, which was all folded up like it was from his own pocket, to "refund' my table fee! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service...sad thing ishad never been there before and we drove a hour and a half to go there for my best friend's birthday, and he was harrassed and his birthday ruined.

Visited April 2012
BigBangCbus, General Manager at The Big Bang Bar, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Christy,

I wanted to take a quick minute to thank you for your feedback. I am sure the response you deserve is well past due as this event occurred a couple years ago. Even though a large amount of time has passed, I wanted to reach out to you and send my deepest apologies as a new General Manager of this location.

Since joining The Big Bang Columbus a few months ago there have been many changes. I want to assure you that what you and your friends experienced on your visit here would never happen again. We have a current staff that embraces all of our customers and treats them with the respect they deserve.

If you would like, please feel free to reach out to me at bigbang.columbus@gmail.com. I would love to show you and your friends what The Big Bang Columbus is all about and give you the experience you should have received on your visit in 2012.

Best Regards,
Travis
North Tonawanda, New York
22 attraction reviews
“not too bad for locals, some fun for visitors.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Went for a bachlorette night with daughter at her request. Group of ladies. Not too exciting. Had to spend few hundred dollars to get requests played. This is a piano bar. You sit at tables and enjoy dueling piano players play requested songs. was uncomfortable to get up and dance, the floor was terrible, you stuck to it. The entertainers did not work the crowd very well at all and just played "okay". Overall not worth the time unless your willing to spend.You must pay $25/table to reserve somewhere to sit. Tables too small for food and drink. You can stand and observe floor from above.little patio lounge outside to stand in and observe downtown pub crawlers.

Visited May 2011
Toledo, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“I could of stayed all night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We lucked out. We were in Columbus on a Friday night and when we got there at 8-8:30, we thought we would never get a table. But everyone was so helpful and led us to a table right near the piano on the left. What a great time! Two pianos on a slightly raised stage with many rotating VERY talented musicians/entertainers. They each could play different instruments,sing wonderfully and entertain in between the songs. I laughed until my stomach hurt. They could actually change players during a song, and never miss a beat. Amazing! they take requests by writing the song on the napkins on your table. You can send it up to the piano by your server or by yourself. But beware, hardly any songs get played with less than a $10.00 bill. One of our group sent a song with $3.00 and one with $5.00, and neither were played. When you see the player look at songs with the associated $$ and wad the napkin up and throw it at the other player or on the floor, your song is toast! The drinks were reasonable if you got there before Happy Hour ended, and they kept bringing around free tubes of new Bacardi flavors. Those were great! We were there only about 3-3 1/2 hours, but I could have stayed for much longer. Cover was $6.00, but during June and July teachers get in free with school ID. All but one of our party of 5 was a teachers, so that was not a problem. Will definitely return!!

Visited June 2011