“Could be great but experience was average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 S. Front St., Columbus, OH 43215-4145   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #88 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
United States
“Could be great but experience was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

1. Door to room was difficult to open due to hardware problems. 2. Several of our party had issues with their room upon arrival. 3. Be wary of additional parking fees upon departure. 4. Calls to room service went unanswered. 5. Parking garage is not Handicap friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe J, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Good Morning William W,

Please accept our humble apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We are working to remedy these issues & hope you'll visit us again & allow us to regain your confidence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The service was poor. My room was never made up. There was a huge hole in our bathroom wall. We looked out onto a concrete slab. The staff was not helpful in finding places to eat. We were told to go to places that were closed. When I asked for more towels, the towels were placed on our desk and the cleaning person never looked to see if the room was made up. They never took our old towels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe J, Management Team at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Hampton, VA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Rooms were incredibly spacias. The staff was helpful. However, I have never had to pay for parking at any Hilton property. I would like to tell you that our waitress, Sukki was not only courteous, but helpful

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Hello Noa M,

Thanks for your feedback, it will be shared with the team & Sukki will get the recognition she deserves for continuing to offer great service to our loyal guests like you.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I like this hotel and chose it because of a previous stay. The suites have a very elegant look. I felt very comfortable. I originally reserved a king room, but due to my early arrival, there was not one available. I was placed in a room with double beds. I was okay with that. Overall, my stay was very good. The only exception was that I did not have any stirrers for my coffee on my last day there. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Eula J,

Thanks for the feedback & we hope to see you again soon.
Wadsworth, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4th of July weekend. Lots of problems! Elevators weren't working properly. We saw someone get stuck in one on the lobby level. Check in gave us the wrong room number. Took 2 trips back to the desk to get things straightened out. A/C in hallways were broke. We saw people bringing fans up the elevator because their room A/C wasn't working. Room didn't have enough towels for our family of 4. We called on the first night and got more, but then the next day after they cleaned we didn't have enough again. No sheets or pillow cases for pull out couch. Had to call for those too. Very frustrating. The room was nice, but the whole place had a funny smell. Not really worth the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We're confident we've corrected these issues to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Please feel free to reach me at Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it will be used to help enhance our service efforts.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Right, I'll start with the positives:
Spacious (possibly even luxurious) room
Friendly staff at reception and in the hotel bar, which, incidentally, is a great bar!
Great gym in the attached Capital Club

But sadly that is it. For the price I paid, I was not overly impressed.

Breakfast was not included, cost the best part of $20 and the food was matched with equally abysmal service. Fortunately Danny's Deli next door was able to meet my breakfast needs from day 2 onwards.

$10 a day for wifi... Really, in this day and age, especially given the room rate, this should be free.

The two and coffee for the coffee maker in the room was seldom replenished.

In general, this was the second, and, by a long way, second best, of the two Hiltons I stayed at during my trip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, gym, bar and that our front desk staff did a great job of delivering quality service to you. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The rooms are a bit pricey, and on top of it you have to pay an additional $22 for parking and $10 per day for internet! WiFi is free at almost every hotel I've ever stayed at, It's ridiculous that in 2014 this hotel forces customers to pay extra for WiFi access when it costs the hotel almost nothing to set up a few routers. Completely uncalled for. Also there is no free breakfast, that will also cost you extra.

The rooms themselves were very roomy and luxurious. However the shower water would not get hot, the coffee maker was not cleaned, and the remote for the TV didn't work. Can't say I recommend this hotel considering when you add everything up you will be paying too much.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Joe J, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that {Issue} during your stay.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!