“mediocre - could be so much more!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 S. Front St., Columbus, OH 43215-4145   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Chicago, IL
“mediocre - could be so much more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Beds need to be replaced. It's sitting on a metal frame with a boxspring wrapped awkwardly and cheaply. And very uncomfortable. My room was placed near a cleaning or highly accessed room area for hotel staff and the noise was not appreciated. Doors slamming loudly throughout the night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Trip started with us checking into the hotel we paid $3 to park in the garage connected to the hotel ( not a big deal). We tell the hotel night manager we alreay paid $3 for parking, we dont need the double tree pass ($22 a night). She tells us that its fine, she will comp our parking, not a big deal. We check into our room on the 11th floor, great view and rooms are not bad for the price. Well the temp in the room was 85 degrees. I am instantly sweating from dragging all of the luggage around and the room at 85 degrees. I go and turn on the air, right away and am waiting for it to kick on... about 15 minutes later I realize its not working. Call down to the front desk and they send someone from matiance up. He gets to the room and says... "Air in the hotel dont work till April 1" we can try to just turn everything off and maybe that will help. sitting in discomfort for over an hour my wife and I went down to the front desk and let them know there was no way we could sleep in a room that was 85 degrees. The manager at this time tells me there is not much she can do other then try out a different room on a different floor. She gives us new room keys for a room on the 3rd floor... We go all the way back up to the 10th floor, pack up all of our stuff, and then move to the 3rd floor... To our surprise this room had a leak in the celing and the carpet was soaked. We move all of our stuff back to the front desk and they give us a 3rd room/key. Of course we get to the 3rd room and the door is broken and the door wont open. We go back to the front desk and they have someone from matiance walk us there. The matiance worker shows us a trip on how you have to "jiggle the handle" because most of the doors have a glitch in them. At this point we were so irritated we put our stuff in this room(with no air) that was 77 degrees. Overall the worst hotel experiance I have evern been apart of... We spoke to the hotel Manager in to morning and his resolution was, how about I comp breakfast in our buffet for you. ($7 value) We stay the second night and then we go to check out in the morning. To our surprise the hotel charged us $22 a night for parking $44 total. I let them know the night manager said it would be comped, (because we paid out of pocket when we first checked in) also went into our experiance was the first night there. Hotel manager told us, "well we gave you breakfast, anything more then that is not going to happen" Hands down the worst experiance I have ever had to deal with...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemount, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed overnight to go to a concert at the Palace Theater. The location to the venue was amazing. The area was nice, and I felt safe walking. The hotel itself was very nice, as was the staff. For the price (most expensive we stayed at during our trip). This hotel charges $22 a night for parking and charges you for internet. ALSO, there is no breakfast (well there is, but you have to pay a lot)! Would I stay there again....maybe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I tried to check in early and the front desk informed me that my room was not ready. Later I found out that indeed my room was not ready but a city view was ready should I want that option. My child was sick so it would have helped. No extra linens for pull out couch, room service food was not worth 50% of what i paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at our property. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced as our goal is always to provide the best experience possible. We've addressed the appropriate teams in order to improve in these areas. Thanks so much for taking time to provide your feedback so that we may strive to make improvements going forward.
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had the unfortunate mistake of relying on the local taxi cab the first night we were there and they took advantage of us as visitors, drove a half hour in a circle just to get three or four blocks down the road. When we mentioned it to the hotel staff, they provided us with parking garage voucher which made it easier to come and go as we needed to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments on your review. We strive very hard to provide exceptional service for our guests. I'm happy that your experience with our front desk staff helped with your traveling around our city. Thanks again for taking time to review your stay!
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have reviewed the Doubletree Suites in Columbus awhile back (18 months or so ago). I had to return to Columbus on business last week and the group choose to stay at the Doubletree. I was VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED to see that they have upgraded the lobby and the rooms! The renovations are wonderful! It is clear they knew they needed to invest some money to keep the hotel current and inviting and that is exactly how it is now. I am so glad I gave this hotel another chance! Now when I return to Columbus, I will definitely be staying there again! (And you can't beat the warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to see that you really enjoyed all of our accommodations. We strive very hard to provide exceptional service for our guests. We look forward to having you back! Thanks again for taking time to review your stay.
Farmington Hills, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I called to try to get an early check-in and they said they'd try but no guarantee. The check-in was at 4pm which is very late as it is. I got there at noon and was told to try back at 2:30. No luck...try in an hour. Again no luck. So at 4pm I tried to check in after waiting 4 hours and they said I could but that they hadn't finished doing the sheets yet so I checked in and around 4:45 someone walked right in my room to change the sheets not knowing I was in there. The parking pass they told me was a "deal" for our team group rate turned out to actually be $1 more expensive than if I hadn't used their deal at all! Then in the morning I sent my daughter off to her competition with no breakfast because the night before the staff said they opened at 7am. When I went down to breakfast they told me they opened early at 6am for our swim team!! Wish I'd have known!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!