“Very Convenient for 1 day Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 S. Front St., Columbus, OH 43215-4145   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double Points!
Ranked #85 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very Convenient for 1 day Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed in a suite with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was very spacious for 3 girls. I loved the fact that it had a wet bar that incldues mini fridge and microwave in room. We were in town over night for a concert that was at the Palace Theatre which is LITERALLY the next block over so the walking convenience of that was lovely especially being that it had been nasty and snowing that whole night. We decided to eat at the bar that was inside the hotel before our event and the drinks and wings were very exceptional. And the bartender, i believe his name was Lenny was very friendly and personable. Only compliant that we had was the fact that the hotel does not have any type of gift shop or vending machines that held snacks other than just drinks which you can purchase at the front desk. Pretty much if you dont get anything before 11pm (the time room service shuts down) then your S.O.L. And for the room to be $189 we felt that they could at least offer complimentary breakfast. It is clear that for what they charge your really paying for location and space. But other than the lack of convenience for snacks and/or breakfast the hotel was beautiful and I would stay here again. AND THE COOKIES THEY GIVE AT THE FRONT DESK ARE AMAZING!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to see that you really enjoyed all of our accommodations as well as our staff! We strive very hard to provide exceptional service for our guests. Thanks again for taking time to review your stay.

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

As a frequent traveller, I was looking forward to a 2-room suite for a 5 night stay in Columbus. my room was indeed spacious, but although it had apparently been recently renovated, my room was poorly cleaned. The hotel felt a bit like a ghost town, barely occupied.

The staff appeared to be sleep walking through their day. The table service at breakfast was almost resentful--it took two requests to get coffee most mornings. I won't even start in one the stale food available on the buffet.

Most worringly,there was no sense of team among the staff. I felt I was troubling the staff each time i stopped by the desk. I asked for my Hilton Honors "perk" of water bottles and a snack multiple times and was told it would be delivered to my room each time. It never appeared.

I recommend some attention to morale and team building. This is one Hilton Diamond member who will steer clear of another visit to this location.

• Stayed February 2014
We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations.We will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve the training of our staff. Again, thanks so much for taking time to provide your feedback so that we may strive to make improvements going forward.We sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.
Medina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The room's lighting is sub-par, there were no hangers in the closet at all, and the desk between the kitchenette area and the sitting area did not even have a desk chair. I told the front desk about the missing desk chair, and was told one would be sent up. I was there for 2 nights, and it never came. The walls are very thin even after a renovation, and the housekeeping left something to be desired. Good location for the hotel, but if you are interested in a room where the sheets aren't just pulled up to the top of the bed and there are actually chairs to sit on when doing work, somewhere else may be better suited to your desires.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Mt. Orab, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great room but ran out of towels two of three nights. Hotel staff was courteous, eventually provided towels but they were old smelly pool towels that felt like sand paper. Hotel management gets the blame because they were not prepared.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

dayton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lobby is unappealing, uninviting, no social gathering spots. Does not accommodate for groups staying on property. No Pool, No extras. The only thing that saves this hotel is the Staff....Ms. Patricia is awesome...I look forward to seeing her smiling face year after. However I may have to think twice before staying here again,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations.We will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.
Steubenville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Upon checking in I was warmly greeted by Girard. I obtained all of my check in items, then proceeded to my room. My room was absolutley beautiful. However, I was only left with one bath towel and 4 hand towels and 2 wash cloths so I contacted the front desk and requested more bath towels. The service was prompt and friendly. I noticed the heat in the room was a bit chilly and I had to put the thermostat on 85 to keep warm. I woke the next morning and when I went to make some coffee the items were not available. No cups, no stirrs, no sugar. I left the room early and when I returned later in the afternoon the heat in the room was not blowing warm at all, so I turned the thermostat up to 90. Without avail or warmth for the frigid negative temperature outside. I notified the front desk that I did not have heat in my room and they advised that the engineer was onsite to remedy the issue. At 11:30 pm I recieved a call to say that the engineer was leaving and that they would be sending a space heater up to me since there were no other rooms available. I must also say that I was charged to utilize the WIFI, in which case I thought, should have been inclusive but I was wrong. Parking is $22.00 per night which should have also been inclusive if you are staying at the facility......But NO WRONG AGAIN!! Needless to say I will not be STAYING AT THE DOUBLE TREE SUITES IN DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS AGAIN FOR QUITE A FEW REASONS.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2014

Dayton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The location is great, everything else is "OK". When we arrived, there was maple syrup spilled on the carpet near the sofa. We placed a towel over it to avoid stepping in it and called the front desk. They said they'd clean it up. The maid came and said that maintenance would be up to take care of it. Three days later when we left, the towel was still there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I see overall your experience with us was pretty good with a few exceptions that we can certainly work to improve upon. I'm very sorry about the miscommunication with the condition of your room. I've communicated these concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping staff, so that we can improve in these areas. Again, thanks so much for taking time to provide your feedback so that we may strive to make improvements going forward. Have a wonderful day!

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!