“Weekend Birthday with Friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 S. Front St., Columbus, OH 43215-4145   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Member save 5%
Ranked #84 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Lexington, Kentucky
“Weekend Birthday with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friends and I drove up to Columbus for one of our birthdays. The parking garage entrance was a bit hard to find, but it is very conveniently connected to the hotel. The lobby was under a lot of renovation, but I didn't mind, as I'm sure it will look fabulous once finished.
The gentleman that checked us in was very kind. Our room was great! Very spacious, especially considering that there were six of us. The only strange thing about the room was that there was no bedside clock, so make sure you have a phone/watch.travel clock with you.
When we returned for the night, I was happy to see a security guard in the lobby. It made me feel safe to know that security personnel were roving the hotel.
We did have some problems in the morning. We had called down for extra towels, as the ones from the night before were still quite damp. We also called for some extra coffee and tea packets. Two calls and about 45 minutes later, none of these came, so we just decided to pack up and go.
Overall a pretty great trip, other than the inconvenience in the morning. However, I know hotels get busy, and I believe there was only one agent at the front desk, and she may just have honestly forgotten! No need to make a big fuss.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I see overall your experience with us was pretty good with a few exceptions that we can certainly work to improve upon. I'm very sorry that you didn't receive your fresh towels and extra coffee. I've communicated these concerns with our housekeeping and front desk team so that we can improve in these areas. Again, thanks so much for taking time to provide your feedback so that we may strive to make improvements going forward. Have a wonderful day! Best Wishes~Christina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

hotel room was ok but doing remodeling and kind of disorganized no signs for amenities like restaurant and fitness center no book with info in room; desk manager said they were redoing it didn't have paper in lobby and not much help in finding one I stayed at the Hilton the week before for business downtown and it was much better; disappointed

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of the Downtown Doubletree Columbus. I would like to apologize for any disappointment you felt during your stay at our hotel. In regards to the signage for our amenities, we are currently wrapping up with our renovations to have a fresh new look for the New Year to come. Thank you for your feedback! We will take the information and use it to improve the level of service we give our guests. Best Wishes ~ Christina B.
Adrian, Michigan
1,495 reviews 1,495 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is a very good option for stays in downtown Columbus. We decided to stay here with Hilton points as we wanted to be downtown for a getaway weekend. This hotel was situated advantageously as it was within walking distance of the North Market and German Village (about one mile distance for each). Unfortunately, downtown Columbus proper is not very active on the weekends and I believe opportunities are being as it is a very pleasant area. The lobby for this hotel was on the seventh floor above elevator stops for six parking levels. The parking in the garage was relatively convenient as the access to the hotel was direct via elevators. However, it was $20 per night. The check-in was relatively quick and easy. The warm cookies presented to HHonors members on check-in are always appreciated. Our room was fabulous as it was a two-room suite overlooking the river. The WiFi worked very well during our stay and the room was nicely configured for relaxing downtime to watch TV. It was also equipped with a refrigerator and microwave which was quite convenient. Our only complaint was that the shower never did get hot in the morning. It was lukewarm which allowed for a quick in-and-out to get washed off and that was it. The morning breakfast was OK as it featured eggs, sausage, French toast and potatoes. There were also cold items such as breads and yogurts. But it was not particularly special or imaginative. The service was very good, however, as the workers were nicely attentive. Our check-out was easy enough and we were able to get on our way without fuss. In all, while the stay was not particularly exciting, it was a very quiet hotel the weekend we were there allowing for a nice, relaxing stay in a very comfortable room. If you need a place to stay in downtown Columbus that is relatively convenient to most things of interest there, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for providing a review about your weekend get away! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations of your suite. Relaxation and comfort are so important to our guests and we work very hard to deliver that to you. Sorry to hear about the issue with your water. I will make sure this issue is addressed right away! Thanks again for taking time to let us know your thoughts and we look forward to taking great care of you again in the future! Best Wishes~Christina B.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I often do not write reviews, but felt my stay was very poor and needed a review. For a hotel stay there are several choices, so I believe it is the little things that matter most. Unfortunately, this stay didn't have any. Everything regarding my physical stay as far as the condition was fine. Nothing special, but nothing wrong. However, a few events made my stay frustrating.

Breakfast in the morning was fine for the first 2 mornings. The guy that helped me was very nice and polite (I wish I knew his name). My third and final morning the server was very rude, talked like I was burden to him, and rolled his eyes when I asked for OJ and water because it wasn't out as it had been the previous 2 morning. That night I needed a spoon for some snacks I had got from the nearby store. I asked and was told to go ask the bartender- which is fine. I waited for the bartender for 5-10 minutes and didn't see a single staff worker. As I decided I was tired of waiting and walked back to the elevators, the front desk asked me if I got one. I informed him I hasn't and he told me he'd have one brought up. After waiting in my room for over 20 minutes I called down to the front desk and asked for one and he said it was on its way. Ten minutes later I got a knock and the front desk worker had brought me a silverware set wrapped in a napkin. Great, I could finally eat my ice cream. Open up the set to find a fork and knife.

That night I also informed the hotel I had changed my flight and would be checking out a day early and they told me my bill would be under the door in the morning. No bill that morning. As I left I asked for a bill, but their printer was broken. So she said she would email me and verified my email. Finally realized today I hadn't received an email. I called and asked for a bill and she said she would email it again and we verified my email. I have yet to receive it still. Yes, I checked my spam folder.

At this day in age there are several great hotels. But what can the hotel to distinguish themselves from the rest for future stays. This one was unable to do the little things.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I'm writing today as a follow-up to your stay at my property in Columbus. I'm very sorry to see that we didn't provide the highest level of service during your stay. Please believe me, it's our intent to make sure that every guest that walks in our door is treated as if they are the most important guest in house. I'm sorry that the staff wasn't quick to respond to your problems. The comments you shared have opened my eyes up to a training opportunity between front desk and food & beverage departments.

Again, I'm very sorry that things were not as you expected during your stay at my property. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and if you're ever in Columbus again, I hope you'll stop back in to give us a second chance. ~ Christina B.
CALGARY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Doubletree many times before and rarely have I ever been let down. The staff are always very helpful and friendly,the rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and quiet. Very close to everything you need downtown as far as entertainment and dining goes and close to OSU campus if you want to take in some college life. Cost permitting I will definitely stay again as well as recommend it to anyone who is planning a visit in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments on your review! We strive very hard to provide exceptional service for our guests! It's great to hear the wonderful comments such as yours when guests walk into our spacious suites. Our staff takes great pride in their work and they always appreciate hearing the feedback from our guests. We want everyone to have a wonderful experience such as yours and look forward to taking great care of you and your family again. ~Best Wishes! Christina B.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Nice location. Needs a bit of updating. Rooms are a bit dark and need freshening up and a new look. Columbus has a lot of other options that are nicer. I've stayed here numerous times over the years Kind of disappointing that it hasn't changed much over the past 10 years. They did change the restaurant. The food is good. Whole place just needs an overhaul.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I see overall your experience with us was pretty good with a few exceptions that we can certainly work to improve upon. I'm very sorry that you felt that rooms were dark and needed freshening. We are currently going through a renovation and by the end of this year the hotel will have a new fresh look! I want our guests to have exceptional experiences with us at all times, and I appreciate you taking time to bring that to my attention and I hope to see you again in the future! ~Christina B.
cleveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great hotel to use if you have family and need the extra space and privavcy. The sleeper sofa was extra wide and could be used for a child without unfolding. Unfolded was still comfortable enough for a teenager. Spacious room had a desk, coffee table and small table to accomodate a family of 5 for eating/ doing work. The room is divided into 2 spaces with the beds being closed off with the french doors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking time to provide a review about your time with us! Our goal is to provide clean suites and friendly service to our guests and I'm very pleased to see that we hit the nail on the head with that! I'm pleased to see that our location worked perfectly for you and your family. Thanks again for taking time to review your visit with us! Christina

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!