“No Hot Water” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 S. Front St., Columbus, OH 43215-4145   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, United States
“No Hot Water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was very spacious and very nice, but we did not have hot water on Thursday night or Friday morning. I would of alerted the front desk but did not want to hassel with changing rooms. I was going to let them know when we departed but the desk was busy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christina B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I'm writing today as a follow-up to your stay at my property in Columbus. I'm very sorry you experienced problems during your stay. Please believe me, it's our intent to make sure that every guest that walks in our door is treated as if they are the most important guest in house. That obviously didn't happen during your last stay and for that I'm very sorry. We apologize for the issue with no hot water in your suite. As soon as we were made aware of the situation, our engineering corrected the issue.

Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble that you encountered during your stay at my property. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and if you're ever in Columbus again, I hope you'll stop back in to give us a second chance. Thanks again for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Jackson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The room was very warm, I call maint and they stated that your chiller was down for the winter and there was nothing he could do. Nothing was offereed to accomadate the issue.... it as 76 deg in the room, try sleeping when it's that warm, and then the toilet in the room did not flush correctly...usually would flush within the 1 minute of waiting. this was the worst Double Trree I stayed at, and will never do so in Columbus again. They did not even offer me more water.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I read some of the reviews before arriving and I will tell you, I was really worried about my decision. I would like to let everyone know, the renovation was very well done and the hotel is somewhere I would not hesitate to stay at again in the future.
The fitness facility was extremely nice. The best I have ever seen for any hotel.
Rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, TVs with HD, bathrooms renovated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Unbelievably Kind Staff; just not at all helpful Water shut off with no notification. Broken water main (things happen that are out of our control; of course…) very little assistance offered to deal with this. No help getting luggage down from high floors (Elevators were broken) Internet was TERRIBLE. Multiple complaints - NO HELP OFFERED.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Seattle, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This experience was pretty poor compared to my other Hilton experiences. The room was nice and large, but a water pipe had burst on the floor earlier in the week before our check-in, and the hallway and our room smelled damp and of mildew. The mildew smell in our room went away after a couple days, but the noise from housekeeping did not. We were placed next to, I believe, the housekeeping closet, so we were awoken every morning by the housekeeping staff as they were beginning their day. Speaking of housekeeping, it was hit or miss on how clean the room would get. The beds would be made, but occasionally we wouldn't get enough towels, or empty food boxes on the counter clearly marked for trash would not get picked up. The tip was picked up every day without fail, though. The Internet access was so slow and unreliable that I just wound up using my phone for Internet access. The heater in the room either did not work, or hadn't been used in so long, that a musky smell filled up the room. At one point, I had the thermostat cranked up to 90, and cold air continued pouring out of the vent. The only reason we didn't complain or report any of this is because we were largely only in the room to sleep. We were gone most of the day, so while they were inconvenient, they didn't affect us that much. However, had we needed to spend more time in the room, it would have been a nightmare. We will be back to Columbus very soon, but we will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed the weekend of the OSU/Penn St game. The room was clean and very large. Hotel did state that there was construction, just didn't expect noise so early in the morning. They were changing out the roof a/c units, but it sounded like they were in the next room. We were a bit disappointed by this since we had been out very late. We forgot to put the do not disturb sign on the door and housekeeping was also knocking by 9a on Sat morning. The garage is a little hard to find the correct entrance. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Just too loud too early.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Minster, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel room was very clean. the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant to be around. The food quality at the restaurant was Ok, we will more than likely not eat the food again. Have nothing else to say about our trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!