We drove down to Ohio from Michigan to get a puppy from a breeder. We decided to make it an overnight trip and settled on the Springhill Suites OSU. The area is busy, plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. It is very close to the OSU campus if you are visiting for that purpose. The price was decent for the accommodations.
Check in was painless. We got a room on the second floor. Room was clean and modern-looking. I loved the huge flat screen TV. I was a little surprised at the size, because I have been to other Springhill Suites and their rooms were larger. It was everything we needed though, so I was not too disappointed. The beds were not as comfortable as other Springhill Suites or hotels in the Marriott chain. One of the main reasons I stick with the Marriott brand is because of the comfort of the beds and sheets. This hotel did not have as quality beds and linens as what I am used to. Not the worst, but certainly far from other Marriotts.
The pool is teeny tiny and there is no hot tub. I did not like the fact that the pool room had floor to ceiling windows that faced the parking lot. No privacy, so I did not use it. Work out room was on the small size, but had nice new machines. The lobby was big and comfortable.
One of the highlights of our stay was the small lobby bar. Our server was a very nice young lady who was a pleasure to talk with. The bar had a good selection of local bottled beer, popular brands as well as premium liquor. The prices were not too bad, either. There was also a large flat screen TV, if you feel like vegging out during your nightcap.
I cannot comment on noise from the train, we were facing the road and were not disturbed by anything outside. The air conditioner was a little loud, but it helps me sleep, so I was fine with it. I found no bugs, stains, or anything else unpleasant. The toilet was extremely loud when it was flushed, so if others in the room are sleeping, it may wake them!
I was happy with our stay, but what prevents this hotel from being a 4 out of 5 is the not-so-comfortable beds and sheets. A minor detail, but for me, given my expectation from past Marriott experiences, it was enough to knock a point off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU hotel is an all-suite hotel ideally located less than a mile to The Ohio State University Football Stadium, Campus & Ohio State Medical Center and Lennox Town Center on Olentangy River Rd. Just 3 minutes to Downtown Columbus, German Village and Short North area with attractions, dining and shopping. These contemporary hotel suites feature separate living and sleeping areas with microwave and mini-fridge as well as free WiFi. Hotel Amenities include Free WiFi, Cocktail Bar, Fireside Patio, Large Fitness Center, Indoor Pool. A free hot breakfast buffet is included with your rate at this Columbus Ohio hotel. Ask us about our free transportation within a 3 mile radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Columbus Osu Hotel Columbus
- SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU Ohio