“Near the Train Tracks but Hotel Atmosphere made up for it.” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Near the Train Tracks but Hotel Atmosphere made up for it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed here on two separate visits now. The first time I was on the second floor and could actually feel as the train rumbled past. I normally take earplugs anyway so after falling asleep it did not bother me. The seconds time I stayed on the third floor and could only hear the train but it did not rumble my room. I like the layout and how modern this hotel is, it is relatively a new hotel. Breakfast was adequate but would have like a better variety. The same thing all week gets old.

Room Tip: Northside a little quieter, just don't get put alongside the train tracks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Renee B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
James G,
Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and apologize for any sleep disturbances you encountered during your visit. I’m happy to know that your second stay with us was improved by your room location. Your feedback on the breakfast selection is important to me, so I'm glad to hear from you. We value you as our guest and hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Al Schreiber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Montclair, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Rooms were modern and clean. Breakfast adequate. Couple in the room next door came in at 1:30 AM and you could hear EVERYTHING! Other people were either out in the hall or in their rooms at 5 or 6 AM and were loud and noisy. When you flush the toilet it's like a depth charge going off in your room as well as your neighbors. We chose this hotel for the location which worked for us but I won't stay here again. Definitely not worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
emdan2121,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit. We value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again.
Al Schreiber
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very nice hotel. Don't let the street and location discourage you. Clean, modern.
Very kind and accommodating staff. Great breakfast. Easy to get to shopping and campus.
Highly recommend for short visit to OSU.

Room Tip: 4th floor corner
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
zthomas,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we're glad to hear that you had a nice visit. Thank you for your recommendation for other viewers. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us and enjoy Columbus.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm laying in bed at this hotel right now. I've had two days of little sleep because the walls are paper thin. I'm not kidding. I can hear every word the two women in the room next door are saying. It was two men the night before talking about their business plan. These are normal volume conversations. You hear every door open and slam, pant-swish down the hall, elevator ping... Everything. I woke up several times to see if my door was open - it's that loud.
Oh, and their was a spider in my bed. I am glad there are two beds.
One more thing, Some idiot had poured the contents of the packages of coffee into the back compartment of the coffee pot, where the water goes along with creamer, sugar and everything else that would go into a cup of coffee. Who knows how long it's been there. They wouldn't do anything about it at the front desk when I called to request a new coffee pot.

Other than that, the rooms are nice, the location couldn't be better, and the front desk staff is generally very Amiable, but this is just not tolerable. I travel a lot for work-four days a week. I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Nuttygrin,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear of your disappointing visit with us, and we apologize for your disruptions. I will make sure to review your comments with our housekeeping staff as I believe we can do a better job providing clean coffee pots. Your feedback is important to us because it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. This was an extremely busy week for us, so we do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to Columbus. Thanks again.
Berkley, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

You walk into the lobby of this hotel and you're immediately impressed by the modern touches and upscale feel for this brand/price hotel. The hotel is fairly new and it shows (even in the parking lot).

Check-in went fine, elevator fine, and then the walk to the back of the hotel for my room on the third floor. Open the room door - nice. Separate work area with a nice desk, nice lights, great ambiance, nice bathroom (split in two "rooms" - toilet/sink in one and sink/vanity/shower).

Then I spot something on the white stone going into the bathroom. At first, I thought it was a big dead bug, but upon closer inspection, a hunk of mud/dirt. Very obvious - how did the maid miss it? I can live with that though.

Then the freight trains start coming through. The back of the hotel is less than 50 feet from the train tracks. My room shakes when the train goes by. Probably 3-4 times during the evening, but I don't think any came through after 11 pm. There was one at ~7 am.

New hotel - the walls should be thick/soundproof, right? Well, I heard the woman in the room next door cough very clearly and heard her alarm go off in the morning. My room did have an adjoining door to another room, (which was locked) so maybe it isn't the walls, but just the gaps in the door? However, I'm not sure if she was on that side.

And then the reason I wrote this review. I took a shower in the morning. As I climbed into the shower, I noticed four hairs on two different walls of the shower. And I wasn't looking for them nor did I inspect the rest of the walls.

I was really hoping this was going to be my go-to Marriott property in Columbus, but now I'm going to avoid.

Room Tip: If you stay there, try to get a room in the front of the hotel and hopefully your maid will do a bet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GreatLakez,
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you stayed with us at SpringHill Suites while visiting Columbus. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff and heighten our awareness of such issues. We value you as our guest, and hope to have you stay with us again at SpringHill Suites. Thanks again for writing a review.
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a concert at Nationwide Arena. Clean, comfortable great staff. Good breakfast and lots of choices. Within about 2 miles of downtown. Hotel only about a year old so still has that new feeling. Great Restaurants within walking distance. Have already made reservations for the next time we're in Columbus!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
c0rgi1,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. We're glad you stayed with us while in town for the concert. I hope you had a great time! We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Al Schreiber
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My third stay at the Marriott Springhill Suites, since my company books our corporate travel here. The location is convenient, the rooms are beautifully decorated & there are great local eating places within walking distance, and a comfortable lobby with a bar in the evening. This trip I was unlucky enough to come down sick my second night in town. The entire front desk staff, shuttle drivers, everyone came to my rescue. They found me a clinic, took me there, came & picked me up when I was finished. No one had their hand out or even hesitated a moment to step up and offer help to their guest. I commend each and every one of them heartily. I assure you, our company will always use the Springhill Suites to book our corporate travel here in Columbus. Sincere thanks to all of you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Lisa R,
We're glad to hear from you, and we hope all is well. We try our best to provide personal care with genuine concern for our guests, so I'm very glad to hear that our staff was so generous with their time and assistance. It is quite unfortunate for you to fall ill while out of town, so I hope you're feeling better and have recovered fully. We're glad your company chooses SpringHill Suites, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. Best wishes.
Al Schreiber, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU? Share your experiences!