“A big shout out to this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Atlanta
“A big shout out to this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My third stay at the Marriott Springhill Suites, since my company books our corporate travel here. The location is convenient, the rooms are beautifully decorated & there are great local eating places within walking distance, and a comfortable lobby with a bar in the evening. This trip I was unlucky enough to come down sick my second night in town. The entire front desk staff, shuttle drivers, everyone came to my rescue. They found me a clinic, took me there, came & picked me up when I was finished. No one had their hand out or even hesitated a moment to step up and offer help to their guest. I commend each and every one of them heartily. I assure you, our company will always use the Springhill Suites to book our corporate travel here in Columbus. Sincere thanks to all of you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Lisa R,
We're glad to hear from you, and we hope all is well. We try our best to provide personal care with genuine concern for our guests, so I'm very glad to hear that our staff was so generous with their time and assistance. It is quite unfortunate for you to fall ill while out of town, so I hope you're feeling better and have recovered fully. We're glad your company chooses SpringHill Suites, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. Best wishes.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chimney Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a nice hotel, unfortunetly their TV reception is horrible, like during a storm when the signal is garbled. We were not able to watch TV for more than 15 minutes before it starts. Stayed there for 5 nights. Hotel says they have satalite provider issues. Duh get a new one. Management could care less, does not even address the issue after a complaint. Wont stay there again due to non-caring attitude. Their solution was an email giving me 2000 reward points.

Room Tip: Make sure TV works for more than 15 minutes
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
pvharley,
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites. I apologize for the disruption in the television reception during your visit. We certainly understand your frustration, and we're working on improving this situation immediately. You are a valued guest, and we hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Columbus.
Monroe, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Clean efficient hotel with very helpful staff. Originally picked hotel becasue of proximity to OSU campus but return with every visit since the the rooms are new, clean and quiet and staff is very pleasant. Only had a parking issue on "move in" weekend since many other guests took up more than one space due to trailers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Lisa R,
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is nice Springhill that is just off OSU campus and is very close to downtown Columbus. There is a dent amount of food selections in the general area for you dinner plans. This location does have beer and wine available of an evening. The lobby is a step up with more of a feel of that of a Courtyard. The only issue that I had with this location was staying on the backside of the hotel as there is a train track on the backside. I did hear the train come by. I am not sure if staying on the front side would help with the noise of the train or not. The train noise wasn't too bad as it didn't make me want to change rooms and probably wouldn't keep me from staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
regionaltraveler,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at SpringHill Suites! I'm glad you liked our property, and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Columbus. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to it.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Convenient to OSU, Medical Centers. Nice alternative to downtown hotels, at an affordable rate. Nice modern rooms, well appointed, clean and comfortable. Some hallway noise was evident due to slamming doors. On site bar, but it closes at 11pm on weekends, which is inconvenient since there are no options within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful with local info.

Room Tip: Not the rear facing rooms as there is an active railroad just beyond the rear parking lot. Front fa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
chriscpd98,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at SpringHill Suites, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our hotel, location, and especially affordable rates. Please join us again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm a frequent traveler and stay at a lot of Marriott hotels. This is a nice one. I was there on a trip where I coupled business and a college sports activity and the management was very nice as was the hotel. The staff are extremely nice, nice lobby/bar, good workout room/equipment, and the rooms are nice. The hotel is kinda new (2011), which i know because the General Manager visited with me and others in my group. I was able to have some business meetings in the lobby too. Just an overall nice choice!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan1718,
Thank you for staying with us at SpringHill Suites and writing a review about your visit. It was a pleasure meeting with you and your associates. I'm glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed our wonderful staff. Please plan to stop and visit us again the next time you're in Columbus. Safe travels.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pros:

Very clean and modern looking hotel. Rooms are very stylish and comfortable.
Desk staff and bar staff are very friendly and keep me coming back.
Building is led certified and environmentally conscious.

Cons:

Price point is a little high.
Not a ton of restaurant options within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gooch146,
Thank you for being our guest at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. We're glad you liked our hotel, and we're glad you were well received by our desk and bar staff. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Columbus as well. Please visit us again.
Al Schreiber

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU? Share your experiences!