“Modern comfortable place” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 140 hotels in Columbus
“Modern comfortable place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night before a job interview and I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. They drove me to my interview as it was within the distance of their shuttle free of charge, and offered a late check out as I would not be getting back till the afternoon.

The room itself was very modern and slick and came not with just the standard amenities, but did so in a very good presentation. The windows were large and let in a lot of light. There were clear separations between a bedroom and a living room/office area, even though I was staying in the lowest price room.

I would highly recommend this room to anyone staying in the Columbus area, the staff and the room quality were beyond my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Willoughby, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent the night at Springhill Suites OSU while attending a concert near campus. I was instantly impressed by the modern, clean lobby staffed with friendly people. We took advantage of the free transportation to get us downtown. I liked the 2 bathroom concept, especially when I was using the larger of the two bathrooms to get ready. The bed was comfortable and the room had more space than we could ever need for just 2 people on an overnight trip. We enjoyed the free breakfast, as well. Wasn't anything too special, but free is free!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed at this new Springhill Suites twice in the last few months and I love the location, fresh look and amenities.

The one thing that troubles me is the housekeeping service. Both times I stayed here when I checked in I noticed random hairs all over the place (sink, bed, floor) and both stays after returning to my room for the 2nd and 3rd evenings I found the rooms as messy as I left them with the exception of everything being straightened and fresh towels. Vacuumed? Nope. Toilet, sink, shower cleaned? Nope. Bed linens changed even after requesting them changed with the card they provide you? Nope. Management needs to step in and start doing a better job of making sure rooms are actually being cleaned and not straightened before guests arrive at their rooms.

With many nice other hotels to stay at in Columbus, I doubt I will return. Is it too much to ask for daily cleaning service when your paying $150 per night?

• Stayed November 2011
louisville ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We love this hotel!! It is always clean and the people are friendly. It is close to OSU (which I'm not a Buckeye fan) but if you want to be close the campus for a sporting event, this is the hotel for you. Nearby shops, Target, Old Navy, movie complex and several restaurants make it convenient for any traveler. Love the separate shower/toilet area-- no more tying up one bathroom! Nice breakfast/bar area--this too is always clean!! Easy access to 315. Have stayed at other hotels in the Columbus area and this is by far our favorite!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I love the new look and feel of Springhill Suites. This hotel is modern, well equiped and centrally located. I could have played Hockey in my suite and I think the two bathroom concept in top notch. My room was well appointed and very comfortable and the lobby and lobby bar is extremely well done. If you have business in the downtown Columbus or OSU area, this hotel cannot be beat. I would stay here again with no hesitation.In fact, I am ready to book my next Columbus trip just to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Overall good hotel, but the main reason I chose to stay there was because it said it offerred a free shuttle to OSU every day. When I got there, however, I found out it doesn't run before 8am, and I ended up having to walk everywhere (doable, but not the best, especially if you're going to an interview). The rooms are nice and clean, beds are soft, nice TV, free wifi, so if transportation isn't an issue I'd recommend it, but it is pretty pricey and otherwise I would recommend a place closer on campus if you need to be at OSU early.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

Very nice new hotel. I travel a good bit for business and I'm always looking for good hotels for my $$$. Marriott does not disappoint with the new Springhill Suites. I liked that there are semi-separate sleeping and lounging quarters and that there is a split bathroom. Kinda cool people. Breakfast is free. There is a nice bar and patio area. I'll stay here on my next visit to Columbus.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU? Share your experiences!