“Excellent Hotel, Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8670 Orion Place, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel, Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a great hotel. Everything was clean and modern. They have a great indoor pool with lanes for swimmers, a kid area with slides, and jacuzzi for the adults...I definitely was not expecting that so it was a pleasant surprise. The room was great. The AC worked perfectly. The TV was an excellent quality large hi-def flatscreen. I was very comfortable. The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast fare. I have no complaints, and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thanks for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are happy to hear that your overall experience was enjoyable. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the service we provide each guest. Come back and visit again when in the Columbus area. We are waiting on you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Painesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is very clean and very updated. The front desk staff is very helpful and caring. I came to this hotel after walking into another hotel and walking right back out. They helped me out with a reduced rate and my stay with my wife and kids was excellent. Their pool area is one of a kind. It is extremely large and has tons of areas for the kids to play. There is even a shallow area where I felt comfortable letting my toddler run around in the water without having to worry about him. I will absolutely visit this hotel again. We visit the Columbus area often and will always chose to stay at this hotel whenever possible. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and family and will continue to do so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This property is only two yrs old and the is well kept. The manager Alex was great who accomodated me from another hotel mishap. The pool was great for my 4 children. They loved the slide. Another positive was they have a lifeguard on duty full time. This took off the pressure from watching them constantly. The 2 bed suite room wasn't as large as the Best Western sister property on Polaris. The bathroom was a little small as well. My only complaint was the continental breafast was a litle lame. They could add some bacon or sausage to elevate the protein options. It just seemed like everything was pre-packaged. Other than that I would stay there again. I know they read these reviews and I would like to thank Alex for his hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback as it is important to us. We are happy to hear that your stay was good and you and your family enjoyed the pool area. I will let Alex know that you expressed your apprecaition. Thanks again. Come and visit us again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean. The bed was great. The swimming pool with mini kiddie park was great my 3 year old loved it. The breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful. My husband and I are already discussing our next stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, We really appreciate it. We are happy to hear you had a great experience. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the service we provide each guest. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our staff so they will know how they are doing. Again thank you so much! I hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place was pretty cool. Their pool was outstanding(hot tub, 2 lap lanes, mushroom, 2 kids slides). The property was clean and neat and the room was very nice. We called the front desk because we thought our toilet was broken. They informed us that they had water saving toilets so they wouldn't flush back to back well. After we waited a bit it did end up flushing and the desk called back to check on us and offered to give us a different room if it still wasn't working. Hotel is in a good location minutes from Polaris shopping. Breakfast was good. Would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Executive 7th floor Suite was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Recently stayed here a couple of days for business. Some things about the property just seemed out of place. The décor strove for ultra modern in some areas of the lobby and the laminate furniture in the room. There was a single huge flat screen TV in the small gym...mounted a couple feet out from the wall. The kitchenette wall in my room (with tiny fridge and microwave) faced the beds. Walk in shower, no tub.

To the good...staff was quite friendly, everything was clean, and the room was huge with a sleeper sofa plus 2 beds. The gym had a few cardio machines and free weights which worked well for me. I have had better variety in continental breakfast but it was included and a functional start to the day.

The Holiday Inn is embedded with newer business establishments and home development surrounding in the area. Not much of a walking area but maybe a 5 minute drive away there is a suburb mall with a number of restaurants, bars, and even a Dave and Busters. I would not mind staying again but not enamored with..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to hear we were able to meet your service needs. However, we regret that the overall look of our hotel was not to your liking. We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a another chance in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It's been a while since I have stayed at an IHG property. I must say I in for a big surprise! For starters the hotel is very convenient right off of interstate 71. It's close to all the shops and restaurants but not near all of the traffic. The property is beautiful! Very contemporary. The rooms are amazing! I stayed in a King room and it was spacious! The bed was nice and high, comfortable. I love the stylish office chair, lamps and my personal favorite the IPOD dock!!!! There was a small reception in the breakfast area with light snacks, cold beer and pretty decent wine!!!! The breakfast was even better! Scramble eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls and pancakes (and that's just what I ate, there was plenty more!). But the best part of the stay was the AMAZING customer service I received. From the time I made my reservation, easy breezy check in and check out. I was really treated the way a guest should be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear your stay with us was a great experience. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and the service we provide our guests. I will pass your kinds words onto the staff so they will know how they are doing. Thanks for your stay and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway? Share your experiences!