“Great Hotel at a Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8670 Orion Place, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #18 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Hotel at a Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My four kids and I stayed at this hotel during a house hunting trip and it was great! The room was very clean, new and decorated in a fun contemporary style. The pool was a great bonus for letting off some excess energy. Just within a minutes drive is the Polaris Mall which has many great restaurants in and around it and a movie theater too. I'm somewhat of a hotel snob and I consider this a great hotel for the price!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Donna S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Columbus area. We are happy that your experience was above your expectations. We do have a beautiful hotel with a great staff ready to serve. Thanks for your time and feedback as this allows us to grow. Look forward to seeing you again while visiting the Columbus area.We appreciate You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here on a little overnight shopping and dinner date! The hotel is very modern and brand new! Our king room was wonderful and very chic! The staff were attentive for the breakfast in the morning and the coffee was nice and hot! I recommend this place for anyone wanting a nice clean place to stay that is a little nicer than most at a decent price! Will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing to stay with us in the Polaris area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer a great breakfast to start your day and a fun pool area that creates memories for a lifetime. Thanks for your feedback and time. We look forward to seeing you again when visiting the Columbus area. We appreciate You!
northfield, oh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family stayed here one night over President's Day weekend. We decided to go to COSI with our children during the day and spend the evening playing in the pool. The kids were so excited about the pool because of the slides and lazy river. However, the pool was frigid cold, and we all ended up in the hot tub after a short while. The next day, when we came home, both my son and I had red bumps on our bodies. I went to a skin doctor a couple days later, and she diagnosed the problem as hot tub folliculitis or "hot tub bug", which is from bacteria that grows in hot tubs and pools. I then called the hotel and explained the situation and was there any way we could be compensated for a night's stay? She said she would tell the manager the situation, and he would call me back. I waited for 2 days and no call. I then called again, told the front desk supervisor the problem, and she tranferred me over to the manager's voice mail. Again, he did not call me back. I think that this hotel should be looked at by the Better Business Bureau due to lack of communication between the manager of this hotel and patrons for all the issues that have happened with vandalism to cars and the lack of cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. Just FYI: if a pool or hot tub has a yellow hue to it, there is bacteria in it and is NOT clean!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Cathy P,

Pam G.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend trip. The hotel is very modern and clean. Free breakfast was good. The pool area is great if you have kids. They have a play pool area with a water slide, basketball hoop, and fountains. They also have two Olympic sized lanes and a hot tub. The fountains and water slide were not on when we went to the pool, but all we did was ask a staff member to turn them on and they did. Basic fitness area with 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical and one bike, plus some free weights.

I have no complaints about the hotel, but my car did get broken into in the parking lot overnight. My car was the only one, and I had left a bag (although it was empty) in the care, so not sure if that is what tempted them to bash my windows. Although, when I told the font desk what happened they did not act very surprised just handed me the number for the police. Just make sure not to leave anything in your car. But the area was not a bad area.

The hotel is right near a nice mall and plenty of restaurants. You can turn either way from the hotel to find plenty to eat. It is about a 25 minute drive to downtown Columbus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear TheTalks,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We headed just up the road to stay in this Holiday inn for my daughters 10th bday. I was with 5 little girls. From the front desk staff to the cleaning staff, all were attentive to whatever I asked. The ladies in charge of the breakfast were amazing! They catered to the people eating at the times listed and also, while cleaning up, attened to the guests that were late sleepers or just needed that one more cup of coffee.
What drew us to this hotel is the pool. There is a mini waterpark in this hotel and my girls had a fantastic time. There was enough to do to keep them busy the entire night. The pool was not too cold or hot, just right. There was a lifeguard there, even though it says no lifeguard on duty.
over all, this hotel is great for a party, a family get away (with tons to do right down the road) or if you are staying in columbus for an event! I would drive the extra time up to Polaris if you're event is downtown!

Room Tip: Our room was directly across from the elevators and we didn't hear anything all night!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and allowing us to be part of creating memories that last a lifetime for a special occasion. We do offer a beautiful hotel with great amenities including service. Thanks for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
We appreciate You!
Payne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We recently stayed here February 8-10. Sometime in the night of the 9th, my car along with several others had electronics stolen out of our vehicles. Some people had windows broken out and tires slashed. The only reason we found out about it mid morning was b/c we overheard conversastions about the incident while waiting in line for breakfast. Hotel staff was not only not proactive in telling guests, but also had no answers for what we were to do. Manager actually stopped answering phone calls from the working staff. We were told to fill out an incident report and simply leave! Also told management would call back on Monday to let us know what to do or if anything would be covered. A person beside me asked how he could clean up the glass that was in his car; he was given a shop vac and extension cord and told him to use a plug inside the building as they have no outside outlets. When we left the hotel about 2 hours later, there was still broken glass and beer bottles all over the parking lot. Even at lunch time, no hotel staff was picking or cleaning up the mess. Not only did I not hear back for anyone at the hotel on Monday, when I called for answers I was told a completely different story. The employee told me this time that since my single loss was under $3,000 the police would not be looking into the security tape nor would they be taking a look at any security tapes. I was told I had to contact the police and fille out a report myself. Mind you I live 3 hours away. The staff also told me that since it was on the parking lot, the the insurance company would more then likely not be doing anything about the loss. This means we also wasted 2 hours of our vacation filling out paperwork and getting information that was a complete waste. The staff and management have done nothing to help with the situation, give straight answers or even show a shred of compassion for the situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear audra0037,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Westerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had our family reunion there and it was great. We rented one of the mtg rooms,
brought our own food and alcohol, and the families that stayed there had the pool
all day to swim in. They have the best indoor pool area for a hotel I've ever seen.
Then, in the afternoon, many of us went shopping down the street at Polaris Mall.
I would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: They had suites that were larger for larger families.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us for your family occasion. We are always excited to be a part of creating memories. We have a beautiful hotel and offer great service for your needs. Thanks for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when in the Columbus area.
We appreciate You.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway? Share your experiences!