“Perfect for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Ranked #20 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Charleston, WV
“Perfect for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed at HIE this past weekend and had a great visit! The pool is great and perfect for the kids. The lifeguard on duty was very attentive. Our room was very clean and roomy. We have three boys and a lot of hotels won't accommodate us and want us to get an extra room. Luckily the HIE has rooms big enough for our family. We had two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. The breakfast buffet was nice and my three boys loved the pancake maker. The lady who runs the cafe seems like she really enjoys showing the kids how it works. The whole staff was friendly and helpful. The made sure we had printed out directions to anywhere we wanted to go to in Columbus. The hotel is near lots of restaurants and shops...also very close to the zoo. Thanks for a great stay! We plan to return soon! :)))

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 4yo daughter and I spent the weekend at the Holiday Inn Express. Our room had a comfortable king bed and a corner couch. The bathroom had a shower without a tub which was fine except the shower head was way too high for me to adjust it. The modern sink was so high it made it impossible for my daughter to brush her teeth. We had plumbing issues with the toilet and the sink drain was very slow. The cordless phones and large TV were a nice touch.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast the first morning was good, but the second morning, they had run out of several things and the pancake machine wasn't working correctly. An employee was kind enough to stand there and help with the jammed machine which was much appreciated since most kids won't eat eggs with peppers and ham.

The pool area was perfect for younger/smaller kids. Both slides were open when we were there, though the water stayed a bit too cold. There were a number of chairs around the pool for those of us not getting in.

Overall, the price was good considering the size and amenities in the rooms, the pool area and the free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012
Shiloh, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here after reading reviews..I was very disappointed. It was for my daughters birthday..I called before check in and asked about the pool area was open and told it was. It toot's it's waterslide, and playthings for the kids. When I ased if the slide could be opened i was told that the was no lifeguard on duty but signs posted everywhere NO LIFEGUARD swim at your own risk. These so called water features were the ONLY reason that I paid for the OVERPRICED room. The rooms are nice. And I had to ask for bed linens twice. to then make my own bed! terrible experience.

Room Tip: 2 room suite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Stacy M,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I want to start with what was good because I think this is very important.
The rooms were incredibly clean and that counts for a lot. It also makes me want to not criticize the so so about this property,but I think for an honest view we have to be honest.

I have stayed at 2 HIEX that have water parks and won't do it again. The business traveller gets the short end when they begin their week after a busy weekend.

I understand it was an incredibly busy weekend here because I didn't come into contact with anyone who worked here who didn't mention it.

The pool is great,but had to be closed for cleaning most all day Monday. I don't jog I don't work out on weights. I swim when I travel. It was very cold on Sunday and essentially shut down in the eve.. The poollights were on,but I need a little more light in the room.. That can be a safety hazard.. The bottom was slimy but they had that pretty much cleared by Tuesday.

The breakfast room was devastated for 2 days.. This is a very basic and adequate breakfast, but come on. No milk no fruit no real pancake syrup no cream for coffee,notes on the refrig ...too ask if you wanted milk.... I did not complain, but I heard over and over for 2 days it was a busy weekend and they were all out of supplies and waiting for delivery.

Wow that made me the business traveller have the same feeling I had at the last HIEX with a water park that we are secondary to that business ,but still paying premium rates. Understand this I have been a gold member for years so this is not a casual relationship, but I am reevaluating that.
The housekeeping crew needs to be commended on the way they maintain the rooms though as I was impressed with that and as I said in the beginning that counts for a lot, but I can not give more than average rating for the overall management. Wish I could. HIEX has always been my go to.

Stayed March 2012
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here during a visit with family, and had high hopes after reading some reviews. Ended up feeling very mixed about the place. I'd prefer to give this a 2 and a half stars, but there isn't an option for that.

First, it is very new and so it's fresh and decorated trendily. The beds were comfortable. The pool area is better than many hotel pools with it's water slides and play areas. BUT...

My sink drained very slowly so I was always trying to rinse it out because who wants to look at spit-out toothpaste? Weird for such a new hotel to have plumbing issues. They talk about step-in showers which I was wanting to try, but they are only in the king rooms.

The pool was very cold - I only stayed in briefly. If you want to compete with a Great Wolf Lodge, keep it as warm as one. The large water slide was closed half of the day - why? You have no lifeguards anyway, so what's the difference? On that note - it's not the best idea to have all of the pool extras with no supervision. There were many older kids being reckless on the slides and no-one to monitor them. An injury or lawsuit waiting to happen. Both the pool deck and the pool bottom were VERY slippery, and I saw several falls that were NOT from running. I felt this was a safety concern and by the end I just wanted out of the pool area!

We stayed two nights and on the second day we come back to the room to relax before dinner and our room still hadn't been cleaned - at 3:30! After check-in time! We had to call for service and wait in the lobby so they could do their work - VERY aggravating.

Breakfast was adequate, esp. since it was free. But nothing to write home about. Mylene was working both mornings and was very friendly and you could tell she was both a good worker and good with customer service.

Not sure I'd stay here again, especially since the area has many other choices. PLUS this was very expensive for a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Go over the highway for MANY food options plus the Polaris Fashion Place mall.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed there last month and will be every other month for meetings in Columbus. I was upgraded to a double queen suite on a dice roll. The room was really nice and roomy. It was very, very clean. They have a water park like feature (great for families) and a decent exercise room.Plenty of parking and shopping, eating out. Easy location right off the major freeway. Continental breakfast was nice. Overall, it's a nice place! I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk staff!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

The staff was super pleasant, very polite! Excellent location, gorgeous hotel, super clean, great hot breakfast, very affordable! Will definitely be staying here again next time we are in the area. If you have kids and want to stay at an affordable hotel with all of the amenities of a luxury hotel then this is the place for you! Our girls are 9 & 7, they loved this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012
bkinnear, Management Company representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Sara,
I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites enough to share your experiences online! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return so that your girls can enjoy the indoor water recreation area again!
Warm Regards,
Betsy Kinnear

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway? Share your experiences!