“Nice hotel and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8670 Orion Place, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Garland, Texas
“Nice hotel and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and enjoyed the stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I especially enjoyed the Managers reception on Wednesday night and playing Wii bowling with Manager Alex Settlemire. He had arranged food and refreshments for the event and it was a fun way to spend our last night at the hotel. Extremely clean room and have recommended to my co-workers to stay here when we're in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
bkinnear, Management Company representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear GWB-12,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much you've referred us to your coworkers! We look forward to your return!
Kindest Regards,
Betsy Kinnear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The staff was exceptionally friendly, the place was very clean and had cool glam decor and that's what counts most. The breakfast bar was missing most hot items but coffee and muffins were plentiful. The pool was ice cold and very loud with kids' water features splashing and making an awful noise. Kids were disappointed that the water slide was closed and they couldn't use the water features because the water was just too cold.

The location is ok if you like chain restaurants.Every single chain restaurant is represented near this hotel. Hard to find anything unique or special to eat and mall traffic is heavy but the hotel staff made it all ok. They were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Saranette,
Thank you for your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with the breakfast food supply and the pool temperature. I will take your comments to our staff so that we can review the level of hot food we are preparing and ensure that our pool heaters are working as they should. I also apologize for the disappointment in the slide being closed. We do have a lifeguard on duty on Friday evening, all day Saturday and Sunday morning and it is only during those times that we open our 29' water slide, for the safety of our guests. I do hope that you give us another try, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I wish they were all like this. The hotel is fairly new, has a welcoming contemporary lobby, nicely appointed hallways (for a hotel at this level) and spacious, clean, well appointed and well lit rooms. I find this hotel to be a very good value and a welcome stopover on a long road trip. I was greeted in a professional, friendly manner, given a good restaurant recommendation and ultimately very well treated by the front desk staff. As do most in this area, the hotel appears to cater to a business clientele, which I always find preferable as those properties tend to be the cleanest and most efficiently operated. The furnishings in my room are contemporary and stylish. The bathroom is spacious, nicely appointed and has a walk in shower instead of a tub, which I can't say enough about. I have no idea why every hotel doesn't do this. Who in their right mind would climb into a cheap hotel bathtub knowing that thousands of people with who knows what degree of hygiene have used it before? YUCK! My thanks to the owners of this hotel for choosing the sensible solution in this regard. If I have occasion to be in this area again, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear cbm3NYC,
Thank you very much for your glowing review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Polaris! We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful hotel so much that you chose to let others know about it.
We have been hearing that our guests just love the showers that are standard in every Executive King room on our 6th & 7th floors. Of course, bathtubs are available as well for those who prefer them, in our rooms with 2 queen beds on floors 2-5.
It was great to hear that our wonderful staff made you feel welcome and had a good recommendation for dinner among the many restaurants in our area.
When your travels bring you back to our area, we look forward to having you as our guest again!
Warm Regards,
Northfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

New holiday inn with very modern decor and a nice mini-water park. The purple and grey decor is very today with modern amenities such as big flat screen tv's, "rain" shower heads & computer/business center. The kids loved the indoor pool with 2-story water slide, small frog slide, water buckets & water basketball. Hot tub was nice, but always packed. Everyone liked the breakfast: pancakes & sausage, cereal, great cinnamon rolls & coffee. The hotel has a good location just off the freeway & close to shopping & restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Nirekram,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! Our water recreation area is fast becoming a favorite with families from all over Ohio, and of course our cinnamon rolls are a great way to start your day with a treat!
We hope to have you as our guests again very soon!
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I recently stayed in the HI Express polaris in room 602 for a week. This had to be the most abysmal room I have ever stayed in since I have been traveling for work some ten years ago. Black sofa, black dresser, black and dark burgundy carpet and dark burgundy curtains. The wall behind the bed was deep purple. What a super depressing landscape to be part of. When all the lights in the room were turned on it still was too dim to read in comfort. Had to purchase a light to read with, really!? Time to ditch the CFL's and put some real light bulbs in. This was a king executive and the only room to walk was a small square about 6x6. The other side of the bed was unaccessable because it was right up against the heating cooling unit. The room was so dry everything I touched I got shocked on. I have stayed in Motel 6's that had more space in them. Pretty sad attempt and they should fire the interior decorater, it was awful!

Room Tip: Do not choose a king executive unless depression is your thing!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Leestanger,
Thank you for your review; however, I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room or the hotel decor during your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. It is always a tricky thing to try to accommodate everyone's tastes when designing a hotel. You did not mention anything other than the decor and lighting that displeased you, so hopefully you found the service and hotel amenities to your liking. Due to your review, it does not seem as if you will be returning to the hotel; however, we do hope to see you again. If not, we wish you the safest of travels.
Best Regards,
Tiffin, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Me and my wife were given a one night stay at this hotel as Christmas gift for a Valentine's weekend getaway from my parents. Upon arrival I noticed the lobby had an excellent post modern look with a waterfall and faux fireplace. My father was assured by someone at the hotel that I would not need his credit card to check in. Of course, being standard operating procedure, the front desk clerk did indeed ask for it. Well, I didn't have it and the manager was extremely nice and understanding and worked with us to get checked in after we got everything sorted out. In fact, he felt so bad about all the confusion he bumped us up to an King Suite and no extra charge! The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The pool is fantastic for a family. The breakfast was nice and the attendant was very friendly. Great place to stay. Will be back when come around Columbus again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear John,

Thank you for your review of the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I'm so pleased that you & your wife chose to spend Valentine's Day with us!
I do apologize for the confusion regarding the need to present a credit card but am very happy to hear that our manager not only took care of the problem, but upgraded your room as well!
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our area again!

Miamisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here two nights for a little family get away. Great location right off I-71, north of Columbus, near lots of restaurants and a mall. Hotel was clean with a great pool. The water was chilly for a toddler, but okay for about 20 minutes; hot tub- nice and hot. There is an awesome kiddie slide in shallow end; as well as a bigger slide for older kids and adults, however it was not open when we were there (no lifeguard). Breakfast- Attendant sweet as can be, breakfast area bright and roomy, cinnamon rolls good, cereal, milk, bread etc.; not a fan of the hot food omelets, sausauge, pancakes. No complaints, no hidden fees, free wifi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Oceanlover,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and online review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our guests.
I do apologize that the pool water was on the chilly side during your stay. I know that it can be tricky to get toddlers out of the pool when they're having so much fun. Should you have the same problems on a future visit, please do let the staff know and we can check that the pool heater is working as it should be. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay enough to write a review and we hope to have you as our return guest in the future!
Warm Regards,
Betsy Kinnear

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway? Share your experiences!