“Fun family time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Fun family time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here two nights for a little family get away. Great location right off I-71, north of Columbus, near lots of restaurants and a mall. Hotel was clean with a great pool. The water was chilly for a toddler, but okay for about 20 minutes; hot tub- nice and hot. There is an awesome kiddie slide in shallow end; as well as a bigger slide for older kids and adults, however it was not open when we were there (no lifeguard). Breakfast- Attendant sweet as can be, breakfast area bright and roomy, cinnamon rolls good, cereal, milk, bread etc.; not a fan of the hot food omelets, sausauge, pancakes. No complaints, no hidden fees, free wifi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Oceanlover,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and online review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! We truly appreciate hearing feedback from our guests.
I do apologize that the pool water was on the chilly side during your stay. I know that it can be tricky to get toddlers out of the pool when they're having so much fun. Should you have the same problems on a future visit, please do let the staff know and we can check that the pool heater is working as it should be. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay enough to write a review and we hope to have you as our return guest in the future!
Warm Regards,
Betsy Kinnear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I took two 13 year old girls to Columbus for a concert. I looked at hotels closer to the arena but when I saw that this hotel was close to Polaris, another thing we were going to do and had a water park I decided to stay here. I am so glad we did. The girls had a fantastic time in the water park. We arrived at 6 on Friday night and a lifeguard was on duty so the slide was open. The girls played in the water park until it closed at 11 only stopping to eat pizza I picked up nearby. They loved the slide but also loved the basketball hoop and the hot tub. The room was very nice. We had a two queen room and the beds were comfortable and the mini fridge was nice. The woman working in the breakfast room was very efficient and friendly. I think her name was Leslie. She even took the time to show the girls how the automatic pancake maker worked. We went back to the water park on Sunday morning and there was a lifeguard on duty and the slide was open. I asked for a late check out and that request was granted and so the girls played for three hours and had to be dragged out of the pool. My only small complaint is that they have loud flushing toilets and you can hear them in rooms nearby when they are flushed. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Michele,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. We're so pleased to hear how much the girls and you enjoyed your stay! I hope you enjoyed the concern just as much! Since you mentioned the Arena District, I'm guessing you saw Rascal Flatts? :) I hear they are amazing in concert!
We hope your travels bring you back to the Polaris area and you stay with us again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Utica, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We just came down for Martin Luther King Weekend and picked this hotel based on reviews and pics. Sure, it might have been a little pricier than some of the smaller hotels......but I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and that couldn't be any more true with this hotel!!! From the check-in, I was amazed at how clean the place was. We opted for a Double-Queen suite, since we have several kids, and it was also great, lots of space. The kids loved the pool and we spent over two hours down there, which made going to sleep a snap. Finally, the breakfast was great, and the staff we exceptionally friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Patrick,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I am so happy to hear that your stay was so enjoyable! How wonderful to hear what a great time your family had in the pool recreation area! (I hear that it's a great way to get the kids to go to sleep all the time!)
We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The hotel is just a few months old and everything still seems so new. We live down the street but stayed one night for a special slumber party for my daughter's birthday. Our 2 Queen suite was spacious and clean and the girls loved it, especially the plum colored wall behind the beds. The mini-fridge, microwave and in-room sink came in very handy for snacks especially after the 11pm run down to the snack center in the lobby for the late night treat.

The staff very friendly and accommodating. When I told them I would have 4 nine-year-olds in a room, they didn't bat an eye. We stayed in room 210 which was perfect for us - the room below was the lobby and we were close to the elevator but not too close that it was noisy.

The highlight of the trip was the swimming pool or as we called it, a mini-indoor waterpark. We arrived on a Friday night and the lifeguard was on duty until 11pm! All slides were open and all water features on. The hot tub was nice as I could sit in it and watch the girls play in the pool below. The girls played for hours that night and were back at it at 8am the next morning when the pool opened.

The breakfast fare is the typical HI Express Continental - pancakes,scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, muffins, toast, english muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal, instant oatmeal, milk, juices, tea,coffee and hot chocolate. A good variety and included in the room price, can't be beat.

The girls are already planning their next sleep over at the HI Express. We'll definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 210- perfect for 5 young girls as the lobby was directly below so no worries if th...
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that we helped to make your daughter's birthday celebration such a happy one - I'm sure the girls loved the water features, especially the slide! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review to let others know about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris!
We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

This 4 month old Holiday Inn Express far exceeded expectations. When you first walk into the lobby you're instantly impressed. It's trendy and beautifully decorated. The desk clerk ( Alex Settlemire) was friendly and accommodating. We we're in a 2 Queen suite and it was spacious, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The only thing that didn't match the rest of the room was the bathtub and shower walls. The rest of the bathroom was trendy and nice. The only issue in the room...and this is a VERY minor issue...is that the only trash can in the room was extra small so we had to ask housekeeping for extra trash bags.

Now let's get to the indoor swimming pool....or should I say swimming pool/mini water park/kiddie pool. Very impressive. The water slide was open and the kids loved it.There was a great balance between a fun area for kids of all ages, adults that just wanted a nice swim and those who enjoy relaxing in a spacious jacuzzi whirlpool tub. They even had handicap accessible chair lift to accommodate those wheelchair bound so they too could enjoy the pool. There were plenty of tables, chairs and loungers for those wanting to just hang out poolside. I didn't get to use the gym but it was very nice and well equipped with modern new equipment. They also have a laundry facility for guest use.

The breakfast was better than most but not as great as others. They had scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits { no gravy :o( }, cinnamon rolls, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, milk, variety of juices, oatmeal, hot chocolate, tea and coffee. The highlight was an automated pancake machine, although I prefer waffles, it was great because they came out perfect every time. I would like to have seen some fresh fruit and yogurt. The dining area is spacious with plenty of seating and televisions. We ate ours on a comfy couch in front of a warm cozy modern wall fireplace and watched the huge flat screen television mounted above.

Over all, I loved this hotel, I will return again and I think it's great for families, couples and those in town for business. The cost to stay was very economically affordable I was surprised the cost to stay wasn't higher. Honestly, I've stayed at other hotels paid way more and got way less. The management was so nice they allowed us to do a 2pm complimentary late check out so we could enjoy the pool area a little longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the front side of the hotel...next time I'll request one towards the back...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Krislovuh,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much you took the time to write this review!
I will happily pass along your compliments to Alex and the rest of the staff - we are lucky that we have such an amazing staff here!
We very much look forward to your return visit and hope to see you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Rooms are large, very clean, modern, and new. Plenty of electrical outlets, and a very large HDTV with HD cable.

The shower is very big, and the wifi is very fast (wired access available in room as well). The staff is also very friendly. Remember to ask for your bonus points on check in.

Room Tip: Elevators are very quiet, no need to fear being near them.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I am very pleased to hear that your stay went so well and we look forward to having you as our return guest!

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Had a great stay at this brand new fresh build HI Express. Front Desk clerks busy, but very nice and pleasant. Decor is a nice blend of purple, greys, and blacks - the colors look very nice. Has a great pool area for kids, the bigger waterside seems permanantly closed due to needing a life guard, not sure what the story is there. Rooms nice, bathroom sink is one of those new age bowl above the counter and it was pretty difficult for my youngest to brush his teeth. Breakfast was good, pleasant breakfast employee. They have an entertaining instant pancake maker instead of the typical waffle maker. We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: No rooms on 1st floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the items that you encountered that were less than perfect. I am happy to let you know that we are now opening our 29' spiral water slide every weekend beginning at 3pm on Fridays, all day Saturdays and until 1pm on Sundays, and we will have a certified lifeguard on duty during those times! We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Betsy Kinnear

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway? Share your experiences!