“Relaxed, artsy district” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 59 Attractions in Columbus
Type: Neighborhoods, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Columbus's version of New York's artsy Soho district, this historic urban neighborhood is filled with boutiques, art galleries, coffee houses, restaurants and theaters.
Brandon, FL, United States
“Relaxed, artsy district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Nice, relaxed artsy district. A lot of variety in shops, restaurants and bars. Everyone extremely friendly.

Visited June 2014

Fort Wright, Kentucky
17 attraction reviews
“Cool section of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Short North is a very cool little artsy part of Columbus. There are lots of unique small shops as well as restaurants and bars along the strip worth checking out. It's also nice to just stroll along the strip and check out the architecture.

Visited May 2014
Cairo, Egypt
12 attraction reviews
“Perfect Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Imagine my dilemma . . . I had a small group of high school students and time to kill. We were attending a conference at the convention center where I picked up a walking tour map of Short North Arts District. It was one of those rare, lovely December days. Of course the students (and myself) have limited budgets. No worries, we explored the galleries and shops and felt as welcome as if we were millionaires. Actually, we played a game from one gallery to the next, we each had to say which piece we would purchase if price were no object. The attendants - all of them - treated us like welcome guests, paupers or not. We had no problem finding an affordable lunch, they chose "Melt" because they recognized it from a TV show, and we snacked on their first taste of sushi at North Market. We had a wonderful afternoon. They're great kids, but I spied a few places that I look forward to visiting without them ;) Seriously, this walk is a gem in the city not to be missed.

Visited December 2013
Columbus, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
“A Columbus "Must Visit"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I don't have a single negative thing to say about the Short North. Restaurants, Bars, Boutiques, Art Galleries... do you even need anything else? I have lived in Columbus for 6 years and this is my go-to spot for drinking and dining. The shops are all pretty pricey, but that doesn't stop me from wanting everything that is in them! I can't say enough about how great the restaurants and bars are. This is definitely my favorite entertainment area in Columbus. And the best part is that it is located next to downtown, and is all on one main road. Makes hitting every spot so easy!

Visited June 2014
Utica, New York
61 attraction reviews
“Start with a walk. Then have a meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great place for a pleasant walk through the new shops and old. Lots of menu options in the area. Very easy to find a nice place for wine and coffee after an hour or two shopping. Something for everyone.

Visited May 2014